Is it just me or is the average age...

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by hoxer, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Techmonkey

Techmonkey Commander

Nice to be a youngster with my 38 in a game community again :)

CrazyEd and Necra like this.
  2. dustinduse

dustinduse Commander

I am 23.. Back when I was 18 I ran a small Minecraft community and we had players ranging from 8 to 54. Although I tolerated very little nonsense and everyone knew that. It went well. If you let kids get away with things then they will continue to do them online. Anyways, I can't remember where I started but I do have fond memories of Starcraft although i was way to young to understand all the poeple in the chatroom I still enjoyed playing online. I have pretty much been a PC gamer since I had my first PC roughly 16 years ago? Learned a little bit about pretty much everything over the years. Started playing Asherons Call around 7 years ago. Don't know if anyone here has ever played that but I know the older folks will atleast have heard of it Pre WOW it was the largest MMO And was recently retired after 14 years of updates.. I did neglect to read all the posts in this thread because I am kinda lazy but I seen someone mention mechwarrior? I remember playing the 3rd one I'm sure I have it in a box somewhere but it wont run on anything newer then XP. Great game though. As for the younger kids most of them are too busy playing on their Xboxs or Playstations with their NEW call of duty games... I say new but if you actually research that game you will see they only actually update the damn game when they have to. otherwise its just new graphics and maps and still costs 60$ every year. If they would just take their time and actually make a new game every few years I think it would be a lot better then just 60$ updates every year! But that fast paced stuff has never really been my thing. I run a small EGS server for a few friends where I am actually the youngest player. It really is nice that the community here as a whole is mature and actually extreamly nice! Its a nice change of pace from other games and even the steam forums where if you play games such as ARK you see mostly complaining.

CrazyEd likes this.
  3. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

Dude ! 'm going to be 50 at the end of the year, just put me on the ice flo for the polar bears to eat !

Seriously though, as a kid I grew up with one desire and that was to be put on a spaceship and blasted off into space to go find other life forms.... So far this is the closest I have come to that. It's good to know that we so called mature people are not that far over the hill that we can't have fun hahahaha

4. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

This ^^^ , We pretty much witnessed the birth of video games, and it's been a part of life ever since :)

Mac and Techmonkey like this.
  5. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

+1

6. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    CrazyEd likes this.
  7. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Captain

My dad came home one day with this bad boy ... A mechanical Pong "tv tennis" game

[​IMG]

8. Mac

Mac Commander

Coleco Telstar Combat - My FAVORITE. That and the 1983 Star Wars arcade. My uncle actually owned a machine and I used to use his key to play free games at the diner.

9. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Ya well my dad had a magic stick. Every time he hit me with it my ass would light up. :cool:

dustinduse and CrazyEd like this.