Is there a way to add a ready to spawn blueprint from the scenario prefab folder by quest?

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by DerAralAal, Apr 4, 2018.

1. DerAralAal

DerAralAal Lieutenant

Hi, i m working on a mp scenario/mod and i want to add the option to buy ships with certain weapon loadouts. For balance i want to add a very tight custom block limit for 'civil constructions'. So the structures that are meant to be sold will be locked in the factory. My first solution was to add the bp manually by admin helper tool, but doing this by quest would be much better.
    Additionally i want to find out if there is a command to check the origin of the player, to offer different ship collections to each origin.
    And how i could remove the money from inventory or bank account.

2. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

You could put the ships in an armored show room then set a PDA quest for the player to get the key to the door. The PDA can check for things in inventory, like money or other items.

Starwing6 likes this.
  3. DerAralAal

DerAralAal Lieutenant

Would basically work, but each ship must be spawned manually this way i think.
    Should theoretically be no thing to add the ready bp by quest. The game functions are existant, i just need the commands to connect them.
    Even a direct spawn would be ok, in case the factory can only work with local data. i could check if the player is close to a shipyard to make sure he is in space when spawning the ship.

Most important to me is to get the whole process of buying, paying and spawning into a quest. Made some scripting on bethesda games over the last years so i got an idea what i m talking about.

Optionally i could imagine to create items that hold a ready bp for traders...

4. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Tried converting the ships into BAs and then you can spawn them in via the yaml.

5. DerAralAal

DerAralAal Lieutenant

Found this in the Dawn of Galaxy scenario:
    - Type: SV_Player
    Prefab: Ex-7-Explorer
    Mode: Survival
    Name: Ex-7 Explorer
    Pos: [-3287.3, 1923.2, -960.2]
    Rot: [0, 294, 0]
    Properties: []

So i suppose it might work on other vessels too, but i dont see a way to offer multiple collections of ships on a server this way.
    Had contact to HWS team and they confirmed that player factory can only work with local player data.
    My best hope is actually this line from Dawn of Galaxy PDA:
    OnCompletePlayfieldOps: [ "SpawnDrone: 2; DroneSmallFast01Minigun; NearPlayer" ]
    A command to spawn an entity on a running playfield. Tried some logical combinations like SpawnEntity or SpawnVessel or SpawnCV_Player, but didnt worked so far.

6. DerAralAal

DerAralAal Lieutenant

...maybe if i use multiple instances, each holding another ship and one-way-connected to the rest of the map...
    but how to lock it? Just a code for a door wont work. The player could return any time to get free ships.

7. DerAralAal

DerAralAal Lieutenant

Idea... i could connect shipyards to instances and a certain amount of ships each shipyard until the instance respawnes. The shipyards should be admin faction, so the players can fight for the shipyards. Dont know if that works that way with instances, but that should be easier to find out than guessing commands.

8. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

The marketplace is really underdeveloped at this stage. Maybe some day buying a ship from there and having it delivered to a "ship yard" might be possible some day, but I don't think there is anything like that in game now. Are you on a MP server?

9. DerAralAal

DerAralAal Lieutenant

Not playing actually, just working on the scenario.
    It will be a MP-PVP-Star Wars scenario. Balancing is one of the most important things to me and the reason why i want to sell ships. With a tighter weapon limit the ships from my collection will be superior to most private builds. So the player can still build all kinds of vessels within a limit like on other server, but to make SW-ships more common and balanced in performance he can buy a ship with a fixed loadout (counting on the repair to bp function of the A8 to restore lost weapons over limit). Thats the basic idea behind all this + a complete weapon re-balance, but thats already working fine

10. DerAralAal

DerAralAal Lieutenant

Hmm, i see no way to get a ship out of an instance.
    Tried to manually allow Akua Orbit, but didnt worked.

Lets see what the next updates are bringing. I wont give up on this so fast.

11. DerAralAal

DerAralAal Lieutenant

However, i will build a few shipyards for later. I definetly want them to be part of the whole economy around ships and something for the factions to fight for.
    I think i even got some 3d-models of SW shipyards somewhere

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018