Fixed Item loss when looting Drop Container with inadequate inventory space [6017]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by KFCSpork, Feb 9, 2019.

1. KFCSpork

KFCSpork Ensign

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Single player
    SEED-ID: NA
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Inventory

Summary: Item loss when looting Drop Container with inadequate inventory space

Description:
    When using the Shift+F command to loot a drop container, if the player doesn't have enough room in their inventory any extra items from the drop container are lost.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Place a Portable Constructor on the ground.
    2. Place 3 non-stackable items in the Portable Constructor (In my screenshots I used pistols.)
    3. Fill up every slot of the player's inventory with items (including the toolbar,) except for 2 empty slots. Screenshot 01 shows our current state once this is complete.
    4. Pick up the constructor using Shift+F.
    5. Face the Drop Container left behind and push F to open it. You will see your 3 non-stacking items sitting in the Drop Container. Also note that the Portable Constructor is taking up an inventory slot, leaving just 1 inventory slot free. Screenshot 02 shows our current state.
    6. Close the Drop Container by pushing F.
    7. Face the Drop Container and push Shift+F.
    8. Push F to open the Drop Container again.

9. Note that only 1 of the 3 non-stackable items has been transferred to inventory, because there was only 1 available slot, but the other 2 items do not appear in the Drop Container's inventory. Those 2 other items have been lost. See Screenshot 3.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    Screenshots attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  2. KFCSpork

KFCSpork Ensign

Repeated my test while playing on the Eleon Official US server running 9.4, confirmed that, as mentioned in 9.4 release notes, this bug is fixed.

Pach likes this.