Lag fix?

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by Maniacmadd, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Maniacmadd

Maniacmadd Ensign

So, the #1 complaint i hear in this game is lag during pvp.

I have came up with a few solutions the devs may want to look into.

#1 thrusters. I could go on for DAYS about how you guys still havent increased the thrust power of the larger thrusters. Its like here, heres a huge piece of junk thats no where near as good as the same area of 1x3's. Increase thrust so people use less thrusters. When you are on the thrust lag is intense. the moving object causes litterally no lag for me when a player has autobrake off and they are off their thrusters.

#2 I have noticed that when a lot of sounds happen at the same time the sound channels glitch quite bad causing lagg. Maybe make it so a player can select the number of sound channels in use in the settings?

I say these because in order to make a Small Vessel capable of handling even a few shots from a Base it has to have mass. and with mass requires more thrust. The thrust to area ratio speaks for its self. Nobody that has done the math will ever use the thrusters for SV that are larger than the 1x3 because your wasting space that isnt compensating for thrust. I just cant see how this would be a big issue making the larger thrusters more powerful so we can actually use them and benefit from them. Rigfht now you might as well remove every thruster beyond the 1x3 for SV. Nobody will ever use them in pvp or even POI because they are useless. All they do is make certain ships look good, nothing more.

Its litterally the same for CV's but not as bad. Atleast the blue thrusters for CV are good. The red thrusters are too big and dont provide enough thrust per area as the blues. The increase is not good enough considering you have a massive target on your ship that once its gone you dead in the water,. There is a reason people conceal their thrusters inside the ship and not outside like they shoudl be. But again. I use the medium thrusters for CV because they are superior. the 1x2 thruster for CV. Please. Up the thrust power on the larger thrusters so we can use less. Im positive these are issues. ive verified it on private servers and live servers. Both times lag occurred. Game crashing lag.

As an example. i have 400+ medium thrusters on my CV simply because the larger thrusters dont supply enough thrust per area. the ratio for thrust per area has got to increase as ive stated so many times in this post.

anybody else can confirm the issues i stated above?

if im correct please guys. im in desperate need of cash. that ficticious green stuff that grows on trees not a instore gift card that i can only spend on your stuff. i have bills to pay. and i may have just made you a ton of money with this find.

One more thing. Make more non reflective textures. the textures that reflect light seem to cause lag as well.

2. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

And you're complaining about Multiplayer lag? :confused:

3. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Lets talk thrust per area... A medium thruster nozzle is 1 square block in area, and it produces 20 meganewtons thrust. A large thruster nozzle is 4 square blocks in area and produces 200 meganewtons... or 10x the medium. A block of 4 medium will only produce 80MN or 40% of what the large will. Your entire thrust assembly generates a total of 8 giganewtons of thrust; 100 large, with the same area generates twenty GN

Now, if you're talking cubic volume, 8 medium take the same volume as one large. The 8 give you 160MN, one large gives you 200 MN. Still superior, especially when you consider clustered mediums like that are going to damage each other when they get blown; the large thruster has more HP. In fact, unless your vessel is simply ginormous, your setup's probably going to have the thrusters daisy-chaining themselves as soon as one is shot out. And if your ship is that big, well, there's another lag source...

The one thing I do agree with- metal textures do have way too much specularity

4. Maniacmadd

Maniacmadd Ensign

They dont output what they say they do. check statistics. then check back with me when you realize you are dead wrong.

5. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

You've done the math to show that the MN generated on each axis isn't developing the acceleration it should based on your vehicle's tonnage? If so- and it's correct- I'd suggest you bug report it. Show the devs the math.

Funny thing is though, I have a build that comes in two flavors- one is lvl15 and uses 16 clustered medium thrusters each on fwd and reverse axis, the other is lvl20 and uses 2 large thrusters each fwd and aft. It's intentionally designed so that you can start with the lvl 15 and upgrade to the large thrusters when you advance. The level 15 gets 22m/s, the level 20 gets 28m/s... so 16 medium thrusters generate 78% of the acceleration of two large. The only difference between the two builds is the lvl 15 has the medium thrusters and no drill turrets, the level 20 has lg thrusters and 2 drill turrets.

6. Maniacmadd

Maniacmadd Ensign

please stfu and watch. thank you

7. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

That video only demonstrates the effect 400+ thrusters have on a ship vs 40. i.e. they totally lag it to hell (as expected - see my first post in this topic).

It says nothing at all about acceleration.

8. Maniacmadd

Maniacmadd Ensign

ok so let me get this straight. i told you how to fix lag. and your stuck on thrust? who gives a **** about the thrust, fix the lag. the lag is whats causing players to leave the game. which is bad for eleon. the thrust is not the main issue. you guys really should have picked a better part of this post to scrutinize. like a part that would have been constructive. and not a complete waste of time.

them red thrusters still suck for thrust area hp. do the math man. it doesnt add up. and it makes you stupid weak in pvp. but thats a totally separate issue in its own. and as i stated in the beginning, i could go on forever about the thrust weakness.

do i have to say it like a bad chinese movie? Your Thruster need more thrust. Your thruster is weak!

9. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

@Maniacmadd cool you thrusters a bit.... respect follow members and debate in a respectful way.

On the issue above, game is STILL in alpha. optimization comes much much later. People leaving the game are people who dont understand this concept.

10. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

I know I'm poking the Lion with a sharp stick, and feel free to smack me with a trout Silv, but...

I just.... :eek: o_O

If players are makng ships with FOUR HUNDRED thrusters on a MP server, the admin should be deleting their ship, refunding mats used, telling them not to do that anymore, and self-correcting the lag problem. Or just tell players on the server the soft-cap on thrusters is (insert number here). There isn't an in-game mechanism *yet* saying "the hard limit on thrusters is 'X'".

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Brimstone likes this.