LCD Editor Bug

Discussion in 'Backlog' started by Alendi Istari, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Alendi Istari

Alendi Istari Lieutenant

This is the LCD projector editor. When items overlap each other, which item(s) are in front of other items seems completely random. Shouldn't the last placed item always be in front of all previous items? As you can see in the screenshot below, the second item is behind the first item. And this is completely random. I could change something (anything) on this and they completely flip. Could this editor please be fixed to consistently display from back to front in the order they occur in the script?

upload_2021-8-6_9-27-19.png

2. Alendi Istari

Alendi Istari Lieutenant

To demonstrate the randomness, I've switched the concentric circles to the top and added a splash symbol to the bottom. There seems to be no relationship between the three items I can see to account for the display order.

upload_2021-8-6_9-47-21.png

3. Garaman

Garaman Captain

The render order of LCD layers is also changed depending on the angle you view the LCD from. It makes that behavior completely unreliable to use even if it looks correct initially.

Alendi Istari likes this.
  4. BossManW916

BossManW916 Ensign

Not a fix, but you can add opacity to the first color, just make it #00154050... for now.