Looking for a good mining SV

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Lord Ganjanoof, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Lord Ganjanoof

Lord Ganjanoof Commander

Heya,

I'm quite new to the game and also quite poor at designing at the moment. I'd like to use and -possibly- analyze how would be built a starter "asteroid miner" SV. I don't know much about the game but found out that the excellent build from @jrandall Merc MX5E was only one of the many Merc MX he/she designed (J is J, Jason or Jennifer, or... you know...).
    So these builds are awesome with the drone hatch. I never figured out on my own one could mine with the drone in space.

That said, I haven't found any other option to go from the cockpit to the back room (allowing to launch the drone) than leaving command (F), space tripping (EVA boost) and entering the hatch door then launching the drone. It is great as this but :

1) Am I missing something to get faster to the back room ?
    2) Any idea of a build that would offer the same things, but with an *internal* commander seat ? And maybe a larger storage.

Just asking, I can build a brick that does the job. But it will be, you know, ugly ? :eek:

Cheers !

2. Deadalready

Deadalready Lieutenant

There's a few ways to do this, buy any ship which uses an internal cockpit (as opposed to external) will work. The MX11 by Jrandall is an excellent ship with dual cockpits as an option.

3. Alendi Istari

Alendi Istari Lieutenant

Lord Ganjanoof likes this.
  4. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Oh, and J Randall is a feller. I highly recommend looking him up on YouTube, you can learn a bunch about building by watching him build and create. Man has a talent. And his voice is very Bob Ross'ish.

Spoon likes this.
  5. Lord Ganjanoof

Lord Ganjanoof Commander

Yeah you are right. Even on my very bare level, I learned things from his builds. Mainly by deconstructing as for design, and analyzing as for effectiveness. Artwork really.

ChumSickle likes this.
  6. Lord Ganjanoof

Lord Ganjanoof Commander

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Man, who painted that ? Note it can be a top-tier ship in terms of functionalities and need a paint job at the same time ;)

Alendi Istari likes this.
  7. Alendi Istari

Alendi Istari Lieutenant

I painted Icarus but you're welcome to paint or texture it any way you want. Or you can make any changes to it you want, for that matter.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Commander

Did not know where else to put this, so apologies for resurrecting an old thread.

Anyway. For your consideration, I just uploaded my favorite early game go-to ship (miner) to the steam workshop that I cobbled together from the base games Dart SV. Over many months I have made tweaks and think it's a good start ship/miner. Note this will ONLY work in Reforged Galaxy, and other scenarios that incorporate it. (Due to the mechanical drills).

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2170101406