Fixed Loss of base power after being away & returning [5929]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Animal ︻デ═一 -, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Animal ︻デ═一 -

Animal ︻デ═一 - Ensign

Hi Mates,

today i came online, after 24 hrs gamepause:
    My complete food is rotten, the fueltank empty and my solarbatteries (yesterday filled with 6400 units) at 33%!
    I produce 50% more energy in solarpowers than my base-consumption is, and have an additional generator (2700 Fuelcapacity), for securing my base.
    And no, my base couldn't used it all in 24 hrs, cause my base just only needs 107 kEE.

We discussed it in the Steam-forum, and got several replies, that this is a failure/bug since Alpha 9!

If you leave the playfield, the producing units stopping activity, the panels stop loading, but energy consumption for this devices running further!

2. Animal ︻デ═一 -

Animal ︻デ═一 - Ensign

Would be nice to get an answer, cause is real bad to loose our food every day!

3. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    As @Taelyn asked a save game & clear steps to reproduce the issue will help alot in possibly finding the root cause of the issue.

5. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated Server

SERVER NAME: private server: Friday Four
    SEED-ID: will provide if requested via PM (do not wish to post since this is a server)

If applicable:

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: DontKnow (additional planets added)

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Major

Type: Base/Fuel

Summary: MP: base fuel goes to 0 when no one present

Description: Twice now, when all of us have left the base, upon returning, the fuel has been 0, and all our food in the fridges spoiled. The base has both solar power and a fuel tank, and both the capacitor and the tank were full/topped off when we left. The capacitor had a lot of power when we returned, but the fuel tank read 0.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Make a base with both solar panels and a fuel tank.
    Fill the tank.
    Go elsewhere.
    Come back to no power, and no food.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Additional note: the food processors were set to run while we were gone the last time we left; and while they had plenty of materials to create what was queued (we were making health kits), they stopped after about 4 (approximate?), which leads us to believe the power went to 0 shortly after we moved out of the playfield. We all left together/in one ship.

I can provide a savegame from before we left planet via PM (just need to know who to send it to; again, do not want to publicly post server info).

6. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Hi,

u can PM me the stuff so we can take a look to it

7. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Info sent. Thank you for checking into it, Taelyn!

8. Pantera

• Developer
    Merged the same 2 threads.

Just to note currently this is not reproducible.

9. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Pantera, we play on that server only on Friday nights. I will see if we can reproduce it again this week if we play it, and try to get a better "before we leave" snapshot: the one I gave you before was the backup before we started playing for the night, not right before we left.

Would a snapshot when we get back help as well? What other information should we look for/gather to help track this down?

I know you can't fix it if you can't reproduce it (it doesn't happen to us every time we leave), so anything you think might help, if I can get it to you, I will...

EDIT: I don't know why, but I had difficulty replying to this thread: kept getting an error that the post was not found. I think it had to do with the "reply quoting" function.

10. Pantera

• Developer
    @Pach I have asked internally to see if anything can be checked in the code for this area for what is described, return to base > no power, as soon as I may know anything more or more questions for you I will reply here.
    What needs to happen ideally is this being triggered internally so the root cause can be found but so far I haven't had it happen a single time. Each time in your save game I return to the base & the power was fine.

That's probably my fault with merging but it should be fine now ;)

11. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

@Pantera I suspect it may have something to do with base equipment *running* at time of departure. This last time, we had at least one, possibly 2 food processors running when we warped out, and I think we did last time, too (not positive).

Either way, we will try to break it on Friday. It doesn't happen to us every time we leave, either! :confused::mad:

EDIT:

Additional information from one of my players... apparently, he has run into this on his ship, transitioning playfields, if this helps narrow it down:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  12. Pantera

• Developer
    Does it only happen on bases with solar panels ?
    Has it happened for you with bases without any solar panels & the capacitor ?

That sounds like a separate issue that needs it's own thread with a use case where it will happen atleast sometimes if at all possible.

13. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

We only have the one base with solar panels. I'll ask the guys if they are willing to build a second structure, with no panels, and see what happens.

Really? Interesting. I'll let him know...

14. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Have happened to me a few times in previous versions of Single Survival, seems mostly related to updates (game files changed).
    Do not remember what update it happened last, posted a bug report with save files though.

Wasted and hour to manually itemmenu in fridge stuff, and reporting it.

EDIT: Found the post, was a base in 1793 (8.2) with solar and generator where capacitor were drained (100% full when saved it in build 1791). https://empyriononline.com/posts/266572/

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  15. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

I only get this issue with solar/fuel combi bases.
    My fuelled base never has an issue with fridge but my solar fuel combi boat dock that I had bp spawned on hws was repeatedly spoiling food with plenty of power.

I have 1 solar only base online now, fridge seems to be fine, it does not have fuel backup and never did, also it was not spawned it was built by hand in the server and never had a gen or fuel tank at any point.

Though i did pick the plants once and they all spoiled instantly.
    Once.

16. Animal ︻デ═一 -

Animal ︻デ═一 - Ensign

I use one Base with Solarpanels only, and a second one with Solar & Generator!
    On Solar only Base, we came back next day and our food is rotten, but our capacitor is full!
    On Solar & Generator Base, my food is rotten, the fuel is empty and my solar capacitor is on 100%!

Base 1 needs arround 300 kEE, Base 2 needs lower 150 kEE, in both adminpanels say energy for more than 40h!

17. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

There will be a possible fix for this in Alpha 9.3

Pach likes this.
  18. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

TY so much for looking; will let you know after A9.3 releases if we run into it again.

<3 <3 <3

Germanicus and Taelyn like this.
  19. Soyaro

Soyaro Lieutenant

That's a different problem that can be easily reproduced (at least on my server). If you join the server just harvest at first, without opening any inventory before that.
    I could imagine the game does calculate spoil times only when your inventory is opened and does simply add the time since you last opened it (which is rather big if you where offline since the day before). Doesn't there exist a separate threat for that? I did expect so because it's a very common problem on my server. But it seems to be a minor disturbance because why whould you start to harvest without checking if your inventory has enough space? ;-)

Furious Hellfire likes this.
  20. Pantera

• Developer
    Pach likes this.