Making private server want to keep gear on death

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alex 5, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Alex 5

Alex 5 Ensign

hi any ideas how to create a server with keep gear on death

#### SPECIAL COOP SETTING ####
    - ValidFor: [ MP, Survival ]
    DiffPlayerBackpackDrop: DropNothing
    DiffConstrCraftTime: Faster

doesnt seem to work?

2. Shadowpheonix

Shadowpheonix Lieutenant

"'DiffPlayerBackpackDrop: DropNothing" is the correct setting, and it works for my private server.

Are you sure you are editing the correct gameoptions.yaml? It needs to be the one located in your "Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Saves\Games\<game_name>" folder.
    Do you maybe have another "-ValidFor" section that is also applying to MP? If there are multiple, I believe that only the last one is used (I could be wrong on this though - might be only the first, or might be a random one).
    Did you maybe get the spacing incorrect? Precise spacing is absolutely critical in a YAML file.

For the spacing, it should be 2 spaces before the "-ValidFor" and 4 spaces before the "DiffPlayerBackpackDrop" and "DiffConstrCraftTime" commands. IE:
    Code:
    Options:
      - ValidFor: [MP,Survival]
        DiffPlayerBackpackDrop: DropNothing
        DiffConstrCraftTime: Faster

3. Xandrathii

Xandrathii Ensign

We are trying to just drop backpack contents and keep our toolbar... this used to be something you could enable. I am trying to use the following they are at different locations in the file(i assumed the server starting up would only read over the lines that were not commented out),

this is an example cut and paste from my file..

- ValidFor: [ MP, Survival ]
    DiffPlayerBackpackDrop: DropBagOnly #see if this 00000 it up??
    # DecayTime: 24 # default value

#- ValidFor: [ SP, Creative ]

Is it ok to place a # to comment out an option or is that going to mess up everything?

Any experience using notepad++ to edit?(it is my go to for editing game files should i just use notepad?)