Master Clan record disappeared! Clan ownership shows "[???]".

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by SCR, Feb 19, 2018.

1. SCR

SCR Ensign

Four of us play as a clan, not on our own server, it's on one of the servers called "MyServer" and has EAC on. I'd built a base on two planets, one with an extensive tunnel system and the other planet's base on top of a mountain with a hangar that opens overhead and the largest hangar door going inside a mountain door a massive bay walled, floored and sided with blocks and a ramp tunneling down to the bottom of the mountain to another massive hangar door. Those are just my two bases. There's been an investment of time and effort.
    I logged into that server recently and it seemed okay. Today I tinkered around changing some doors, etc., and everything seemed fine but when I checked the "REGISTRY" the list showed "[???]". Likewise when I clicked on the FACTIONS tab, it showed only members but no FACTION record showed on the left hand side.
    Apparently, the game let me have access to all of my items. However, I was the OWNER of the faction and the only options for me was EDIT or LEAVE. EDIT had no display as it would only allow the faction name change and there was no record so it didn't show anything.
    So I hosed myself pretty good by clicking LEAVE and started a new clan. Immediately, my ships and my bases were owned by 'other faction'.
    It would be nice if something like this were not allowed. Either the server's human owner didn't want to see clans and deleted the record or the game has an issue, regardless, if someone can delete a clan master record it certainly tips the balance of power at a minimum and screws the other game players out of team cooperation, resources, ships... you know - ruins the game.
    Our clan sets our weapons to not attack other clans (although moving a gun resets it to default settings and we might miss one) because it isn't our server. We do our best not to grab all resources because we expect other players to come on the host server. I've played on servers where there were no resources left and all bases were taken over and set to attack all other players... not much fun when you start in an escape pod. We've played on other servers where the human server host had the server allowing anyone to log on but apparently didn't really think about the impact and we were locked out and the server name renamed.
    Regardless, I cannot tell if a human decided to look for our clan record and delete it or whether the Empyrion game has a flaw. This particular server game is really messed up.
    Other observations:
    BLUEPRINTS - I downloaded a workshop blueprint which looked interesting when, in fact, it was horribly designed:
    - It was an HV that moved sideways better than forward; it had only secondary thrusters for forward motion; it had dummy weapons; the HV would fall over and get stuck on some terrain.
    I didn't want my clan mates to accidentally build it just because it was in our blueprints and, of course, the workshop links my download choices to show on my Steam Friends List. There is no DELETE or REMOVE option for any blueprints that are made by other people (i.e. workshop).
    BLUEPRINTS - It would be nice if there were more technical specifications available little things such as "UNARMED: Y/N" and weapon caliber requirements and whether it has a constructor (although some HV constructors cannot make their own ammo. Spawning a gunship without ammo isn't the smartest thing to so. Downloading a blueprint and having an option to have a LIBRARY option to include some level of ammunition and fuel so the FACTORY would spawn a functional craft. I sometimes explore planets with a core or base block and a SV ready to SPAWN in case I get stranded when my craft gets blown up. It's not that I have successfully done that but I have lost HV and SV craft or have half the craft mauled because I was outside my craft when a patrol or drone came up behind me.

CONSTRUCTORS - It would be nice if SV and HV could also have a feature/option to make their own ammo - even if it is an additional and expensive HV/SV AMMO CONSTRUCTOR which supersedes the mobile constructor. It would make them more independent in exploring a planet. If there was a limitation of 1 per player ship type (HV,SV) that would be fine as I usually have one ship as a workhorse which, when horribly marred, I consume it and spawn a replacement.
    MULTI- TOOL - Improvements:
    1) An UNDO option would be nice, I'm sure we've all disassembled when we meant REPAIR or just had the crosshairs on something else because of caffeine lag.
    2) A 'find form' feature on the multi-tool would be nice. When I get the side of my SV chewed off from combat and I need to put some replacement blocks back in - I HAVEN'T A CLUE what shape I am looking for and only recently did I find one that matched the intended shape. It would be nice to, say, while having chosen a steel block in inventory then hold-right-click for a second and whatever block is being pointed at and let the game identify what type of block, say, is in place on the left side of a CV and you wanted to then rotate that block and put it on the right side.
    Sorry to put so many unrelated things here, not sure if it would do if I spread them all out individually... trying not to spend my life lost among the forums. I had initially tried to post this somewhere else.