Micro CV Building Challenge!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by T431, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Ok, here's my entry:

Classy Cassie.jpg

20190113131446_1.jpg 20190113134422_1.jpg 20190113134442_1.jpg

2. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Sephrajin likes this.
  3. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

It works only in CV's... thus the Moment I saw that, I said to myself, 'Ok, now I try' :p

In theory, I probably could squeeze in an AC in one of the two front spaces, where you recomended to put the SC and a FP.
    But your Suggestion works well and would still leave a 1x1 and a 1x2 block space for customization, plus, having the entrance slightly less stuffed might be more appealing as well.

At first I didnt want to install one, but I guess, one cant live properly without it, issue is, this 'requires' a 2nd fridge.
    Because I'd like to have the ingredients seperated from the dishes.

Thank you.
    Though, I'll do that tomorrow.

4. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I have been going through all my micro CV builds and adding small constructors to ones that do not have any constructor.
    Sadly, I found out that it is also a food processor. Not as good as the dedicated unit (which is thankfully small), but it does have food processing abilities.

5. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Well.....
    As I was using the small constructor and wanted to make some pentaxid based fuelenergy, I stoped for a moment, then started cursing.
    It doesnt do that.. I cant let new Players (as i inteded it as a starter CV) end up helpless in Orbit because eventhough they'd had pentaxid, they couldnt do the warp crystals.... fail!

Thus, I had to rearange a bit:
    20190114152557_1.jpg

I had 2 options how to place the LC, ceiling or wall, because otherwise one could not pass.
    But in the end, to me, it feels more like i could take something out of that grey line thing, than if i'd face just some rough blue surface - if it was placed at the wall.

While I was at it, I added 2 more cargo boxes and increased the volume of the pre-existing ones by about 7k each.

Robot Shark likes this.
  6. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I went over the small constructor and found that it also lacks devices you would need for basic repairs.
    I added a request to the 9.2 feedback thread to have them added. Feel free to request anything you think I missed.

7. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Nightjar

Tier 1 CV. Side hangar and sentry guns underneath. Half hull underneath for illusion of resting on landing gear. Warp drive included.

[​IMG]

Robot Shark, Khazul, Kieve and 2 others like this.
  8. hound

hound Captain

dpburke2, Robot Shark and Khazul like this.
  9. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

10. idx64

idx64 Lieutenant

The trick for Eleon should be simple and instead of adding a multitude of doors with different sizes. A single door should be placed that can be extended in height, width and depth at the cost of materials. This would give more creativity options.-

Khazul, dpburke2 and Kahrek like this.
  11. Kahrek

Kahrek Captain

I think the doors originally came from stock assets with fixed sizes. I would really be nice to have a grid like selector for door sizes Pick X and Y sizes and place. Material cost / HP could scale with total blocks used.

Not exactly super high in my personal priority list but sizes I would love to see 7 X 3 and 10 X 3 . And one that would be something really odd looking by itself 4 x 10 but you could put two side by side and have a hangar bay that opens to 20 X 4 tons of fun things to do if we had more and non-conventional sizes.

idx64, Khazul and dpburke2 like this.
  12. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

I would like to see a center piece door pair set that open to the sides that could be place between the existing door types to increase the overall opening space.

Also a bunch of much larger force fields too.

idx64 likes this.
  13. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Care
    A farming CV. No warp drive.
    [​IMG]

14. bluemax151

bluemax151 Captain

I love it. It has one of my favorite pieces of equipment.. switches! Every build needs more switches. The run time is excellent as well. I find it interesting that there is the small crawl space in the cockpit area. Not sure I would put my core that close to a fuel tank.

Thanks for posting.

dpburke2 likes this.
  15. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Gah... I've already got 4 projects in the works... I could, even want, to do this too, but there's too many projects and too few of me. Anybody spare a cloning chamber?

dpburke2 and Robot Shark like this.
  16. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

17. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

With these small CV I have been thinking we could do with a little (less powerful) shield gen and small warp drive (shorter range, but more than SV warp).

Robot Shark likes this.
  18. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

Gunwing
    Tier 1. 8 Cannon turrets. 4 Minigun Turrets. No warp. Full medical. Passenger seating. Pentaxid tank and space reserved for shield generator.
    [​IMG]
    I am awful at combat on foot. In Alpha 6, I remember getting my butt handed to me so badly by a drone base that I went and grabbed my CV. A short flight parked that CV near the offending drone base. My hardened steel CV turned that POI into swiss cheese. This is combat steel and a lot smaller, but the turret placement is still inspired by that early CV.

19. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

I find it quite jerky and hard to aim in this TBH, OTOH I am historically decent FP shooter player, so normally good at combat, but I'm always getting wasted in this.

I feel there is just something horrible wrong with mouse control - whether aiming or flying or whatever.

Germanicus and dpburke2 like this.
  20. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Did one of these and wanted to include roof access, but oh no - bounding cube on a window pane puts an end to that. Really?
    I know all doors are broken in this respect (though maybe understandable for the armored ones.)

Also cant use stairs - they look like they should be air tight from back and bottom, but nope - they ain't, so need a load of pointless blocks around them to seal them up.
    20200322023134_1.jpg

(Yes - been having a look of some of the submissions - great jobs - all of you :)

And yet light fittings go through just fine - so not everything HAS to have a full bounding cube blocking box?

20200322023655_1.jpg

Is this the cost of the way air tightness works? Block have to have no blocking cube or a full blocking cube and if air tightness is involved, then it fully blocks the entire cube because block bounds, hit cube, blocking cube are one and the same and air tightness doesn't uses faces, but uses a flag and the bounding cube? Arrrgh!

This is just horrible.

So after removing the glass pane (and stairs and elevator and blocking it all off) - it does it least squeeze into the hangar on my cruiser CV - just - and I can still get another 3/4 SV/HVs in around it through the 3 other smaller hangar entrances.

20200322030805_1.jpg

Could have another one or more inside - if only we could dock while docked...

20200322031415_1.jpg

It is an exact squeeze though - hard up against the pipe even if it doesn't look like because of the bounding cube behaviour

20200322032009_1.jpg

And the back door (see the little sensor above the door - something, to turrets perhaps snag on that on the way in, so have to wriggle it a bit to get past - not good!)

20200322032027_1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    dpburke2 likes this.