PLZ Retest and Re-Report Missing terrain

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Flash Hendricks, May 7, 2020.

1. spacegal

spacegal Commander

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: Singleplayer
    SEED-ID: 34851 Aelad

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Hard - Random
    Severity: Not sure

Type: Game world glitch

Summary: Falling into the void

Description: While I was gathering wood suddenly I found behind me a white box in the game world. I just thought of some misplaced textures but instead by going into it caused my avatar to fall into the void under the game surface. The good thing anyway is that at the end of the fall the avatar didn't die instead it was teleported back near the white box.

Steps to Reproduce: I'm sorry to report this bug :( and I've tried everything to reproduce it without success. I've reloaded the savegame tried going for wood a lot tried everything but it occurred just one time. So this bug just to report: sorry not being of more help.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    I'll upload the screenshot directly here.

Attached Files:

2. Annimar Telesh

Annimar Telesh Lieutenant

OK, next time.

After the reload this morning, it was gone.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Guardian44

Guardian44 Commander

just a wild guess, i saw in creative mode a delay, when placing a few blocks, i fell through, then a few secs later, the blocks appeared. happened so far only in creative

4. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Happens at least once in every game (single-player) . Once I have too many of these glitches I end up starting a new game or just moving to another planet.

It only occurs if you drill any holes into the ground, and is often up to a hundred meters away that there is a "void". In my current game I had a Zirax shooting at me from underground, he had taken fall damage, but was just within range to hit my base and slowly but surely causing damage until I went into godmode to spot him. So to reproduce it, merely drill holes.

5. b2soft

b2soft Ensign

Exactly the same issue occurred yesterday on 1.14 latest experimental. One time it had fixed by restarting dedicated server, but now it glitches every time on both dedicated and local worlds.

I can upload a world for investigation

6. Kats

Kats Lieutenant

Concerning the first post, it seems to always happens. I have done it only twice so I can't be sure about it for the actual game version but after having completely removed/salvaged the large wreckage from starting point near the damaged hoverbike, after reloading in solo, the game always cleans the area where it was, digging a huge hole in the ground. There is a possibility that this could happen to all the wreckages or maybe even all the npc bases.
    I have never completely salvaged a npc base or any other wreckage except the large wreckage at the starting point, so what I am saying may not be relevant at all.

7. Hawktalon

Hawktalon Ensign

Had this happen today as well. It -was- near the dug out large wreck and where I’d taken the hover bike from so that could definitely be a relevant data point