Missions

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Robin

Robin Lieutenant

Ich halte Missionen in Empyrion für wichtig, wenn auch nicht mit hoher Priorität. Aber ich habe mit Freude gesehen, dass nun ein System für Missionen implementiert wurde. Zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt, könnte ich mir vorstellen, dass es für jeden Planeten eine Elite-Mission gibt, wenn man alle anderen Missionen, die mit dem Planeten zusammenhängen, erfüllt hat. Es gibt ja Instanzen und warum soll es für eine „Elite-Mission“ nicht eine eigene Instanz geben! Theoretisch könnte das sogar ein „Stargate“ sein, wo man durch fliegen muss, um die Mission zu starten. Muss aber natürlich nicht sein ist nur ein Beispiel. Und das Stargate ist nur dann aktiv, wenn die Mission verfügbar ist.

Wie dem auch sei, in so einer Instanz hätte man ja alle Möglichkeiten. Und da ja „AI controlled vessels“ irgendwann kommen sollen, ergeben sich da viele Möglichkeiten von Szenarien und Geschichten. Die Community könnte da vielleicht auch helfen, Missionen sich auszudenken.

Ganz wichtig bei Missionen ist, dass man kein Grind rein macht, um das Spiel zu strecken. Also nicht so was wie töte 30 Spinnen oder so. Grind ist abtörnend.

2. Robin

Robin Lieutenant

Ich denke zwar, dass der Ausbau von Missionen keine Priorität hat, weil es andere Bereiche derzeit im Spiel gibt, die wichtiger sind, aber hier eine weitere Idee:

Für Missionen mit entsprechendem Umfang kann es auch zum Beispiel Erze oder Barren als Belohnung geben. Und da dann so, dass man sich das Erz aussuchen kann. Also die Belohnung ist in dem Fall nicht fest, sondern variabel und wählbar.

Hintergrund: Warum soll man eine Mission machen, wo es z.B. Eisenbarren als Belohnung gibt, wenn man aber eigentlich Promethium benötigt. Aber zieht euch nicht am Beispiel auf, es geht vor allem um die Mechanik der Belohnung.

3. Atola

Atola Commander

Two points:

1. The mission reward of a T2 pistal and for doing the early hunting mission (Huntsmen Akua) is way too overpowered. While I suppose I can ignore it and level up to be able to make it, when i'm playing survival I like to do what is obviously best. When playing HARD mode this basically short cuts the time that you have run and hide from drones to just the first few days. On other modes I guess you don't ever have to. Maybe the problem is that HARD mode has significant rewards for missions.

2. Its dumb that several missions specific to Omicron can't be done until the ones on Akua. Especially when the rewards don't actually help much.

4. Ambaire

Ambaire Captain

Typically, I find myself getting a T2 pistol from POI loot and/or crafting it myself from xp before I even find the bug or a couple others for huntsmen.

5. Atola

Atola Commander

This can be true. that night insect/bug makes no noise except its walking noise and only comes out at night. You actually have to hunt it. I'm also convinced that it doesn't spawn until the third or fourth night.

6. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Captain

If you're going to make a Mission about finding certain POIs, that POI has to spawn. I don't want to have to jump all over, only to find that RNG robbed me of a completion. 2 games in a row the Unknown Artifact and Unknown Structure didn't spawn, and that's kind of lame.

Yes, I even used admin mode and cheat commands to make sure it wasn't just hidden in the corner or something.

7. VISION305

VISION305 Rear Admiral

I am a fairly addicted veteran player to this game. I have yet to know that there were missions in this game. Are they worth doing and do they actually work?

8. medicineman

medicineman Captain

They work and some are worth doing for the rewards. But I find them to be pretty annoying and mostly ignore them. They aren't designed right. For one thing I shouldn't have to accept the drone killing mission and be on specifically to get credit for killing a particular drone. I should just get the credit when I kill it.

But this sets up another problem which is basically that all missions are mostly available to the player right from the get go. That's not how missions should work. They should be obtained as part of a quest or a story or by some form of activation method other than just selecting it from your personal data assistant.

I'm glad a mission system is in and that the devs thought of that. But I have the feeling that the mission system in place right now is another place holder. A sort of demo of mission capability more than an actual finish product of how the missions will be set up and distributed. Like how the planets are basically demo planets and not the final polished version.

Damn that is a lot of answer for your short question.

tldr; some are, some aren't.

VISION305 likes this.
  9. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Captain

Yeah, there's some that are pretty rewarding, while others are pretty useless. A few missions are broken, like the ones the require finding a group of POIs. The ones that do work such as killing a list of local monsters, reward you with some guns you may not have. A few reward Epic Weapons, which are unquestionably worth getting.

10. DuLux

DuLux Captain

The missions fall to the wayside because the player is dropped into a world on the premise of survival. SO I totally forget about the missions...like completely. I don't often notice the text on the right side of the screen.

I think it would make sense to pop text up in front of the user that says "Bla bla Mission available".
    In Pulsar Lost colony, they somtimes give you missions and other missions can be accepted from NPCs.

If I can get missions from NPCs at say Farms and other POIs...well, thats a whole other dimension of gameplay right there.

tehmashby, Pantera and Ehta like this.
  11. Kryzzk

Kryzzk Lieutenant

The missions are good in practice, but not in application.

A player starts out in Single player, does a mission, gets 50 Gold Coins, something that does them no good at all as the market doesn't work in SP. What the player needs is Ration Packs, Bio-fuel for the T1, med kits, o2 bottles on planets other than akua. (I know that you do get some of that in a few of the missions.)

So, you go to multi-player, the server I play on has been a round awhile and the starter planets are just about full. No animals or golems spawn on them and they have NO POI bases left. no way to complete more than 1 maybe 2 of the missions on Multiplayer on that server.

Perhaps a solution would be to have POI bases that "respawn" over time, this would discourage players from staying on the starter planets any longer than they must, and have an NPC faction that Buys and sells items on the market giving players a use for the gold coins they get from the SP missions when playing single player, or simply changing the gold and credits to something more useful in a single player game.

12. Russell

Russell Commander

Why not have some upgrades or items on the current tech tree only available by buying them with gold or credits which can be gained by completing missions in addition to attacking POIs. But missions would need to broaden to involve discoveries like tech caches at wrecks or rescues or tasks similar to those in elite dangerous such as couriering. This would bring the market place into play perhaps, where such tech can be sold or rewarded (doesn't have to be to another player, but to some central warehouse or admin, which would enable it to be implemented in SP). I notice ED doesn't specify tech, just calls it tech which should make it easier.

13. Fiytrophy

Fiytrophy Ensign

Sorry for bump. 100 hours into the game. First post. Aviation background.

Missions should be creatable on-the-fly by players. Allowing the possibility of 'hiring' someone to accomplish a task.

Examples: bounty on a player; pilot a turret/sv fighter during a battle for coins; use employer owned collection/transport equipment for hire.

Game functions could also provide basis for these 'for-hire' type missions: pilots for passenger service/cargo service. Construction, chef, exetra

Thanks for your time

14. DerHerrDanGer

DerHerrDanGer Lieutenant

Just streamed Exp 3: still the same. Missions are worthless on Omicron. Go to Akua, do all Missions there and then back to Omicron for some outleveled items? Na..

15. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

I will agreed that the missions need some attention and fine tuning. Surely your starter planet missions need to be available to you from the very first. I often do Huntsman just to get a T2 weapon. Remember that on a MP server all armor, boosters and kits are utterly unavailable to a player except on the first days after a wipe. The only way to get some gear is via missions.

16. GauHelldragon

GauHelldragon Commander

The "Dinner for Two" Mission actually requires that you make 2 Kavae Coffees. The Mission just says "Make Kavae Coffee" though. This was really confusing for me and I assume the mission was bugged for a while.

17. kalarro

kalarro Ensign

Im on Elia doing the missions of the artifact. Are there other missions? How do I get them?

18. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

@kalarro You will have to level up, not sure at to what level. It might say that in the PDA.

19. tehmashby

tehmashby Lieutenant

Missions should be varied and come from a variety of locations.
    Not just run in a linear path of when you crash land. Currently trade stations are lacking in point for single player and I feel can be used to receive missions from aliens. They do nothing except sit on possibly hostile planets trading with like 1 person who's there by accident.
    Who are these people?
    Are they friends with the zivarax?
    if so how comes none are ever there
    For example
    you could have a mission where you have to say thin out numbers of raptors/plant monsters/ spiders on a planet. By 25/50/100/200/300 e.t.c
    (Mp servers could run these as daily tasks to be collected from locations)

Liberate captured Alien pow's from poi sites.

Mine for materiels, find & or craft items and bring them to certain location

Rewards being a better rifle/ammo and or money.
    Start with a weak animal work up to harder and harder ones.

20. Sugada

Sugada Ensign

I have changed a lot of the default rewards from the missions. That was really easy to do. So I wanted to create my own mission. I copied the Delicious solomission - where you have to collect a few plants. If you start on another planet like Masperon, you need to head to Akua to do that default mission. So I wanted the Masperon starter players to go around and also gather a few items. I got it to run on my server but having a problem getting the acknowledgement to work.

Here is my copied mission code:

- ChapterTitle: chptitleDeliciousM
    Category: SoloMission
    Description: chpdescDeliciousM
    PictureFile: DeliciousM.jpg
    PlayerLevel: 1
    Visibility: Always # or ByLevel, WhenRewarded
    Rewards:
    - Item: CannedVegetables
    Count: 10
    - Item: GoldCoins
    Count: 100
    Tasks:
    - TaskTitle: tasktitleGEomi
    PictureFile: DeliciousM.jpg
    Actions:
    - ActionTitle: acttitleAlienT
    Description: actdescAlienT
    Check: ItemsPickedUp
    Types: [ AlienThorn ] # AlienThorn
    CompletedMessage: $

- ActionTitle: acttitlePentaX
    Description: actdescPentaX
    Types: [ PentaxidOre ] # PentaxidOre

- ActionTitle: acttitleSeaW
    Description: actdescSeaW
    Types: [ Seaweed ] # SeaWeed

I think the issue is with the Types:
    To test, I changed one of the types back to
    Types: [ AlienPlantWorm1 ] # AlienHoney
    and after heading to Akua and picked a HoneyPlant it acknowledged me picking it.
    So it has something to do with the TYPE name I'm guessing. When I search Seaweed for example in the Localization.csv file, there is only one SeaWeed listed (SeaWeed,Seaweed,Meeresalgen)

Also, Types: [ CornDogBush ] # CornDogFruit CornDogBush isn't even in the Localization.csv file so this is corn-fusing me....
    wonder how I can make this work?