Mosquitos still just fly through things

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scoob, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hey all,

It's been a while since we were introduced to the love Mosquito. I've not done a Masperon start in ages, so hadn't encountered one recently... until now.

The Mosquito is a bit broken, for numerous reasons:

1) As title, it can fly through anything. Behind a rock? Mosquito can get to you. Behind an HV? It can get you. Inside a base structure? It can still get you. It will clip through anything it appears.

2) Audio. Audio cues don't work in Empyrion as the stereo positioning isn't correct. Never has been. As such it's impossible to tell where the sound is coming from. Any sound, not just the Mosquito.

3) AoE. The Mosquito appears to have a LARGE AoE as I'm regularly being "hit" by its status effect when I can clearly see it's ten plus metres away. Is this AoE or some sort of ranged attack without the projectile animation? I've been hit by this effect even when the Mosquito is the other side of a wall - one it's not clipped through quite yet lol.

Glad we can shoot the bugger now though, that's cathartic at least lol.

How are others finding the Mosquito?

Peter Conway and Fractalite like this.
  2. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

I do like them though.
    1. Had one stuck in a rock made it easy to shoot, perhaps it gets stuck because it's flying speed is too high for the game's collision detection logic? That might be easy to fix some other eway?

2. Ditto that, the erratic flying is cool, but the audio is not right.

3. AOE, it would be nice to know what the range is.

They work for me, but aside from the stun debuff/ effect, they don't seem to stack attacks in a way that makes you ill, which I really had expected, that's my only bug with this flying bug, make it bite twice. I love them, but the loot drops, like all loot drops, do sorely lack imagination.

3. Alderic

Alderic Ensign

Is there a way to remove their annoying sound ? I can play for no more than a few minutes without getting a splitting headache. Of course without muting any other sound, which I prefer to have, since getting jumped by Infected or Golems is no fun at all