Multiplayer - need more timeout before disconnecting

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bbk.3164, Oct 10, 2021.

1. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

So, the problem of the disappearance of the Internet is a widespread (!)
    No one is safe from the fact that even the best Internet can fail ... and then there will be an UNAUTHORIZED DISCONNECTION FROM THE SERVER (!)
    This is frustrating because data can be lost.

I propose to greatly improve the game-server communication system:

1) in order for the server to know - that the player HANDSELF REALLY MANUALLY DISCONNECTED FROM THE SERVER - when the player presses the "EXIT" button - at this moment the game client must send a SPECIAL COMMAND "EXIT" (!) To the server.
    Only in this case the server finally breaks the connection with the game client (!)

2) when a "sudden Internet failure" occurs (as in my screen = ping disappeared for 2 seconds, due to which I was again forcibly disconnected from the server) - physically the server does not receive data from the game client, AND SHOULD NOT INTERRUPT THE CONNECTION WITH GAME CLIENT WITHIN 1 MINUTE (!)
    This time is quite enough for the Internet to appear, and the player can continue playing from the place where he left off before the disappearance of the Internet (!)
    ... And only after 1 minute - IF THE INTERNET IS NOT RESTORED - the server should be forced to abort the connection with the game client and correctly save the data (!)
    upload_2021-10-10_1-46-49.png
    ---------------
    Dear developers!
    Only such a relationship of points 1) and 2) can improve the game on servers, and stop data loss in case of "emergency disconnection of the Internet for a short time" (!)
    .... Trust us - we - the players - SUFFER very much from the fact that the Internet was suddenly cut off for 2-5 seconds, we were disconnected from the server, and we lost our things, or ended up within 1-2 km from the ship ... . it was very unpleasant (!)

We are waiting - when this torment with emergency shutdown with data loss will end (!)

I offered you the simplest RATIONAL methods for solving this problem (!)
    I hope you will apply these solutions in the next patch (? !!)

Thank you, I want to help improve the game (!) :)