My rainbow chill out caverns

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by Sunshaker, Oct 3, 2018.

1. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It's so beautiful!

I actually need to design some "crystal caves" for a moon in my scenario and this was the perfect inspiration. Thank you for sharing these beautiful caverns.

Sunshaker likes this.
  2. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Lieutenant

A little walk around, a section of my rainbow caverns, where the Hexapods live.

ion_storm likes this.
  3. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Lieutenant

My little decoy critter cavern(core only) next to Zirax territory filled it with a few surprises :),

There's always one.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    ion_storm likes this.
  4. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Lieutenant

Started my new tree house, just got to decide what to build up there:).

ion_storm likes this.
  5. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Lieutenant

My 1st floating base/platform.

6. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Lieutenant

I've managed to create a stable floating base/platform, because of size, i've had to join 8 base blocks(up to yet :) ).
    Now I can start to create my floating city.
    CV ON PLATFORM, I downloaded MrIceCat's, Hakon CV, FROM WORKSHOP.

7. [BB]Drifter

[BB]Drifter Commander

Alright, you have me wondering.... I assume you are in creative mode but I didn't see any support structure. Where did you place the base blocks? How is it that the structural integrity allows this? Its a cool idea and is giving me some thoughts as I like the idea of a city, much like in Star Wars, where it is in the clouds. I suppose not much different that the alien structures that hover in this game I suppose. Just never known how they could be built.

8. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Lieutenant

Hi Drifter,
    I am in survival mode, but use item menu & godmode for building,
    I have no idea, how the "alien structures" float/hover in game.
    I have made a little video, of how I build my floating bases/platforms,
    The 1st 6mins, show how I join a new base block to existing structures, the next 3mins is me being dumb, I forgot that I had a underground base, where I was showing how I start a floating structure( could not place base block);).
    The rest of video, shows placing initial block for start of a floating structure, you can take it as high as you want, I just kept it low for this video.
    I like to use 3 block depth, so I can add fuel tanks & generators inside platform, but could use solar panels for energy.
    I also, like the idea, of a building, a floating battle arena, with floating stepping stones, but I suppose it would only be any use in multiplayer, which I have yet to try .
    I hope this video, helps you to create your Star Wars themed city:).

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    [BB]Drifter likes this.
  9. [BB]Drifter

[BB]Drifter Commander

I tried to understand how you are doing this but even after the video, I still end up with weak structural integrity or a fail. I can get the build into the air alright but it goes down hill from there. No idea what I am missing.

38312.jpg 383120a.jpg

10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

[BB]Drifter likes this.
  11. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Lieutenant

From what I can see, you need to add more "filler", my platforms, are 3 blocks in depth, 2 layers of blocks, sandwiching, a web of filler,
    I have just added "Arabian Palace" from workshop, to my platforms, you can see the web of filler, sandwiched between blocks,
    I spawned the palace, straight onto web of filler, then added the platform around palace,
    Just made a little video, at 1.30min you can see "structural integrity is RED, then when I add FILLER & ANOTHER ROW OF BLOCKS, INTEGRITY IS BACK GREEN & STABLE, you can remove filler as I show, & still retain structural integrity.

From your pics, if you add a spiderweb of filler over your platform, then add another layer of blocks, you should regain, structural integrity.
    or try the technique @Germanius as provided.

[BB]Drifter likes this.
  12. [BB]Drifter

[BB]Drifter Commander

Thank you both! I will review and see what I end up with.

13. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Lieutenant

I spawned one of my old cavern bases from alpha8, into alpha10.., a memento old times sake.
    it is mainly only the lights & some flooring, just doing a quick exploratory dig,

Sofianinho likes this.
  14. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Lieutenant

Digging a section of tunnel, to connect a old rainbow cavern system to a new one.
    Only a basic tunnel/cavern, they don't take long to do, but fun digging them, waiting to see what emerges.
    I find it best to do in "godmode", working backwards.
    Loving the drills.
    I recon caverns would be good, to battle in, in multiplayer, a bit of close close quarters combat:).

section of caverns/base

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  15. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Lieutenant

This week I started my first game at multiplayer(loving it),on eleon official server, spent 4 days on starter planet Alton, then flew to Bondoin, been here for 3 days, of course made a little cavern base, met some good people, joined clan APH, so now I am moving to Kantir, so made a little video of my PINK cavern base, b4 I leave, on new adventures :).
    PS my base was whites & golds, but when I came back from raiding someone had painted part of my base pink!, but went with flow now its my pink outpost, not the colour I would of choose to be honest, but its growing on me:_)

ravien_ff likes this.
  16. Sunshaker

Sunshaker Lieutenant

hardly play sp anymore, enjoy playing on the eu server, even though the bases get wiped, every now & then, & with caverns you cannot blueprint:), but i enjoy starting over fresh, after christmas wipe, i now have a few bases on different planets, & space station, but i always start with a base on bondoin,
    here is a walk around part of my colourful bondoin base, not every 1's cup of tea, but i like my daily colour fix:)

Sofianinho and ravien_ff like this.