Need server recommendations under $15 US, Nitrado is not a solution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SnowdogJJJ, Apr 29, 2022.

1. SnowdogJJJ

SnowdogJJJ Commander

We have been on Nitrado and while it is really cheap you get what you pay for. 30 to 40 hours turn around on support tickets. Constant server crashes and continual disconnects.. sure I have 50ms response time but if you cant stay connected what good is it . and before you say its my connection. All players get disconnected at the same time every time.. then there are the server crashes.. ok enough of that, any server suggestions?

2. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

You haven't given us much to go on. Server providers base the price on many factors, such as how much RAM you want, how many players it allows, etc, etc (mainly the first two though).

For example, if you plan on playing with 10+ players on the server at a time then under $15 probably won't cut it.
    That may very well be your issue in the first place, you are trying to go too cheap.....
    Can't say without more info though.

Also, are you planning on running a basic vanilla server?
    Are you planning on using the EAH full version to manage the server? EAH lite?
    Are you planning on running a scenario such as Reforged Eden?
    Are you all going to stay on the same playfields, or are you going to have 10+ playfields loaded at all times (players all in different places)?

All those things matter immensely and will help determine what provider you should be using (and more importantly, the minimum server specs you will require, ie price).

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  3. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Have you considered the One Of Your Own option?

I ran One of My Own for around two years, before it became necessary to reallocate my resources.

You'll find the response times to be more than acceptable, assuming you respond to your own issues.
    You'll also gain first-hand knowledge and experience in all things server-side related.
    You'll likely want to do something about your own connection as well, which should help with that 50ms response time.