Needs attention New Anti Cheat Feature

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Taelyn, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Hi Server Owners!

We added a new Anti Cheat Feature what will be released with the v1.4.6 Update
    The Server will detect cheaters and kicks the client after roughly 2 minutes

We added 3 new parameters to the Dedicated.yaml to monitor a "Short Session"

Code:
    ShortSessionMinutes: 0 # (int) how many minutes of a client play session are regarded as "short session" (0 = disable short session feature completely)
    ShortSessionCountToLog: 0 # (int) after how many consecutive short sessions write a warning line in server log (0 = disable log feature)
    ShortSessionCountToBan: 0 # (int) after how many consecutive short sessions ban the player (0 = disable ban feature)
    You write this under ServerConfig area

Keep in mind that these new settings will ONLY work with the v1.4.6 Update end of April!

Taelyn
    Eleon Game Studios

KRanKO5, Kassonnade and Germanicus like this.
  2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Hi Server Owners,

We found a problem with the Anti Cheat Feature :(

For now its important that you disable it.
    You do this by setting
    Code:
    ShortSessionMinutes: 0
    in the Dedicated.yaml

We will release a Hot Fix (v1.4.7) NEXT Wednesday

Taelyn
    Eleon Game Studios

piddlefoot and Germanicus like this.
  3. Nick Thorne

Nick Thorne Guest

Will it ever be possible to allow users to use their own custom Crosshairs using the BlockModelsAndSuitPropsModding tool without triggering a EAC violation?
    My current crosshair works great for me (and others that use it) but I can't use it online which puts me at a severe disadvantage due to my colour blindness.
    Because of that I can't play online even on your official servers.

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Server Owners can already replace the Cross Hairs.
    Users will not get access to this on a Server

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Nick Thorne

Nick Thorne Guest

Yes this is true but in nearly every case I am not the owner Taelyn, can I therefore ask if it it possible to upload my crosshair to your official server so I may be able to finally after 200+ hours to finally play the game online?
    Or as I suspect are you going to deny? leaving me along with 10% of the population of Empyrion users unable to play online?
    Like it or love you are discriminating against a small but not insignificant amount of disabled users.

6. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Germanicus likes this.
  7. Nick Thorne

Nick Thorne Guest

And yet it wasn't questioned when I raised the issue. :)
    Feel free to discriminate and feel free to move this post to wherever you want :)
    Sooner or later Taelyn things will catch up with you.