New New world suggestions

Discussion in 'Custom Playfields & Systems' started by Flatliner, Apr 1, 2020.

1. sightzz

sightzz Ensign

You could cut lag with sections of large employables ,very large building POIs, it would be about as laggy as a planet,water is only as fast and furious as the decibles are high.

2. lucyrocketdog

lucyrocketdog Ensign

I wonder if it would be possible to add hazards that move across the surface? Like a grove of carnivorous plants, a swarm of army ants, or a "zone of corruption" that slowly moves across the surface of a planet and destroys everything in its path.
    It would be neat to have a spawning point that is programmed to move randomly across the surface, and scenario creators could convert any static spawner to a mobile version.

VISION305 and Sofianinho like this.
  3. VISION305

VISION305 Rear Admiral

similarly would be nice to see weather in the distance as it moves.

4. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Can confirm making cities makes lots of lag :p On a private server we made a 'city' based on several city block pois crowded together. It made the world a bit more real, but also added plently of lag whenever you went there.

5. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

This is more possible than you think. None of the biomes have to follow any logical understanding of temperture, humidity, etc... I could easily make a desert in the mountains just as I could a jungle in a searing inferno temperture wise. Just tweak the temperture min/max, alter the biome selectors, done.