Option in server .yaml to turn off "spawn at current location"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ben Veater, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Ben Veater

Ben Veater Ensign

Hi all,

Simple request. Can we have the ability to choose if we want "spawn at current location" on our server or not please?

many thanks.

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Has already been added a while ago

Code:
        DiffSpawnLocal: PvE                         # To allow switching off the Local Spawn Option on death [Always, PvP, PvE, Never ]

3. You might want to consider actually updating the example files at some point then......
    It is not in the gameoptions_example.yaml file in either the default MP or default random scenario.
    If players don't know about it, how do you expect them to use it?

I don't recall seeing this in any of the patch notes either, so it is entirely possible that the only people that even know this is an option are the Eleon employees until now.

Edit
    In fact, I just dug through ALL gameoptions and gameoptions_example files shipped with the game.
    The ONLY place this is ever mentioned is in the gameoptions file for the Invader vs Defender - Conflict of Cygnus scenario.
    Not exactly the place players would go to to see examples.....
    No real way for players to know it even exists then.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2021
  5. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

It has been told in the patch notes.

Patch v1.2
    2021-07-31 16_09_31-Window.png

6. Yet, the patch notes don't say what the actual code for the game option is.
    Plus, as I already pointed out, it's not in any of the example files.
    So you still never actually told us about it in any way we could actually use it.

The example files need updated to include this and any other changes you neglected to put anywhere.