Orbital Auto Miner (OAM) activated on Official Server

Discussion in 'Official Eleon Server' started by RexXxuS, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Humay

Humay Ensign

its not much effort i seems cant mine on lava planets and also gravity can be dangerous
    i can mine on pandora moons as well but i heard that they shooting ppl everytime. its not about i cant mine but i need like 300 ish ore for starter ship and i dont want start from scratch each patch. Imagine traders residence when you shoot 100 rocks around continent just to get SV because there is only 1 copper 1 silicon and 1 cobalt meteorite around at all map if you lucky to get it before 10 other people. And like neodym meteorites everywhere from each other around 500m.
    Back to the point.. the only comfort here is for PFS because its their home system .they have zero effort of going anywhere or OAM becase they already have it all.

PS: Pandora system is ONLY planet that practicaly can be mined like you said without effort -that what PFS doing... haha others planets too hard

2. [Ghetto]Two Shoe$

[Ghetto]Two Shoe$ Commander

Gravity can be overcome by adding extra thrusters to the CV providing the transport of an HV.

An HV can overcome gravity issues by both adding hover engines and extra thrusters.

A good minimum criteria you want to have for any HV that is capable on any world is
    25+ forward thrust
    and
    60+ "lift" thrust

on High G worlds it is also wise for your HV to have at least 10+ stopping thrust.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now go out there and get your mining done elsewhere and stop making a scene because you are lazy.
    No more excuses.

3. Humay

Humay Ensign

This like verbal abuse. well i put 400 hours in this game and put 4 mil CR to OAM its kinda a lot of effort. how much u put in OAM? or wait u swim in gold XD as PFS leader said? Whats your in-game name again didnt see your name in game or u want be anonymous? i will gather more people for feedback not only you and your obvious friends from PFS.
    I prefer build HVs from blueprints i dont have experience to build them myself dont want bother game should not be that hard.

4. [DDZS]Clymidia

[DDZS]Clymidia Ensign

I honestly don't know who Two Shoes is, he/she is not one of us (PFS) and we have no allies. If Two Shoes is a PvP player on our server then he is someone who we fight with so implying he/she is our friend who is bound to back us up is silly.

Humays argument is pretty incoherent, I knew there was no point getting into it with him when he started complaining about explosive damage on blocks and other unrelated nonsense and assumed others would as well so I remained quiet. As things seem to have escalated somewhere I'd like to clarify for other readers my original post about why I am against OAMs:

The reason I am against OAM is I think it makes it much harder for new players to compete with a faction like us (I would include WIP and maybe LSG in that). I'm not very active at the minute as I've got a lot of stuff going on so I only have a few OAMs on the go, but I believe Paxxo, for instance, has most of his maxed out. Before OAMs when waging war you had to periodically stop to mine resources to fuel your bases/ships, build new BPs and ammo, repair ships, etc. A lot of the recent game changes around ammo were implemented to increase the logistic difficulty in keeping your war machines supplied. With maxed out OAMs and what we take from successful attacks, there's no longer that need. We can all agree that it makes the game easier I'm sure. That means in principle, constant pirate patrols, and fighting. Last weekend I noticed a number of complaints about all the PvP areas becoming very heavily patrolled and that much more deadly for the casual PvP players sneaking in to mine or just passing through - IMO this is a direct result of OAMs because we and others do not need to mine so much and so switch focus to more PvP. Whilst the fighting will mostly be amongst the more dedicated PvPers (*tips hat to WIP and LSG*), others will get caught up in it due to the increased militarisation of the PvP areas. Its been quite a while since I was on HWS, but if I understand correctly there are very heavily militarised areas there, OAMs directly contribute to that and IMO that really shouldn't be how the Official server ends up.

My other argument against OAMs is that there is a danger that this game can become too easy and get boring. There are only so many pretty megastructures you can build before it gets old. I genuinely think we provide a nice challenge/goal for others to keep them interested. Some of my best moments in earlier versions was sneaking on to contested planets to mine rare resources and then trying to escape when spotted, and then later getting my Pandora base setup under the nose of established factions. I think players become scared of taking a few losses and forget why they chose a PvP & PvE server rather than just a PvE. Without a reason to go into PvP players won't discover it's not as bad as they imagined and learn to enjoy the excitement that goes with it. Without goals and a challenge, beyond easy mining and trying to build something pretty, players will eventually grow bored and quit. At the minute thats tempered by the wipes but once they stop... If anyone genuinely feels that PvE is a challenge (unless you are role-playing and limit what you build to keep the challenge in) then I feel sorry for you.

Unrelated to OAMs there's been a couple of incorrect statements:

WE DO NOT TAX. That was an NTP thing, who are our sworn enemies. In the previous version, they were taking tribute from players in exchange for not attacking them in "their territory". They were also threatening to grief players in PvE and other intimidation tactics. So we teamed up with Paxxo and Lemon and wiped them out. For us: Red = Dead. We attack all red players unless we have something more important to do, need to rearm, think that its suicide (but I like to attack regardless for giggles). Some people may think we tax due to our PvP aftercare service policy. If we think you are a new/small player and going to suffer a major set back when we have shot you down, we tend to only take a token amount and repair the ship so you can leave with a modest loss to keep you motivated and come back for revenge. This keeps the game fun for everyone and stops players rage quitting the server. If we think you can take the loss we'll leave you with nothing and take your ship or strip it down :) I'll still offer you a lift back to your location of choice afterward in case you are stuck and unable to respawn somewhere friendly.

Me (and Gwyll & Maya) have only recently joined forces with Paxxo and Lemon. What Lemons says about them only recently moving to PvP I'm sure is true, although I've actually been on Pandora since version .5. I was solo for some of it but have been a PvPer in this game ever since its release. So I don't really have much sympathy for others complaining about PvP in a PvP area - you came to a server with PvP.

The scenario of invader vs Defender is supposed to have the factions from each origin fighting in the middle of the maps, with Pandora resources being contested in the middle. Most of you aren't doing your part.

Gainesterism likes this.
  5. [Ghetto]Two Shoe$

Im at 4,000 hours.

I will shoot PFS just like I will shoot you in any PVP zone , at my discretion.

I do not use OAM.

I play on the Official Server because it is "Vanilla".
    The only real way to improve Empyrion is to play it unmodified.

Have a nice day, noob.

6. SilentSmilodon (NFF)

SilentSmilodon (NFF) Ensign

I am PVE player and I am not good at PVP but I'm happy to admit that. I love the OAM feature, don't care what anybody says this is my opinion. It makes my game a lot more fun. Now I have reason for using market and rading POI's. To me now the game is a lot more fun and less grindy. Personally myself if this feature would be now disabled I probably would move to different server (HWS) or would stop playing all together.
    Plus not everybody has hundreds of hours to sink in this game. From my experience OAM gives you a fighting chance to have a nice ship without having to grind for hours on end.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  7. Humay

Humay Ensign

its only means u have no life and for vanila go on vanila server please. Calling someone noob shred light on your education and cultural background as well. The only real way to improve is to introduce new things. 4k hours wasted.
    if you want unmodified experience get alpha 5 and install it on private server.

8. SilentSmilodon (NFF)

People are getting angry on this forum...guys this is just a game let's have fun and build a nice community for the server.
    we should be playing this games to have fun and relax from our busy lives and not to make others and ourselves angry.
    we all have our own play-style this isn't f****** religion don't need to argue about it. I respect PVP players and I expect the same in return as a PVE player. It's not that hard we don't need to insult one another.

9. Humay

Humay Ensign

to summarize to PFS and Shoes: http://steamcommunity.com/games/383120/announcements/detail/1575563008234528804
    TLDR
    you are minority PVE 84% PVP16%
    [​IMG]
    and ur playtime under 5% so u can name-calling majority of players, but YOU ARE TOTAL minority (related to name calling by Shoes)
    [​IMG]

again personal playstyle - fighting less important for majority of people: building and exploration most wanted
    [​IMG]

* images from Feature Survey 2018 by EMPYRIONGAME

Give or take there is no need to vote its already voted by community in survey why do we need another survey?

10. [Ghetto]Two Shoe$

Tell me then:

Why bother to play online in multiplayer, when you are only interested in the single player experience?

So you can show off your "mighty" ship?

11. paxxo1985

paxxo1985 Commander

OAM is helping me spawning pvp Bp everyday without doing nothing. I will cover the entire pvp sectors with pvp stuff.
    Feedback will be appreciated ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

12. SilentSmilodon (NFF)

Paxxo so don't be mean cuz I will come with my tier 1 and then you will be in trouble he he he. Saying that I do need to get some Erestrium I will see you later :)

13. SilentSmilodon (NFF)

We should form an event all PvE players vs PvP players and we should all meet in Pandora orbit. I think it would be a lot of fun.
    Saying that I do wish if we would have regular events it would be something to look forward. We all could meet in PvP and Last Man/Girl Standing would get a big price**.

14. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

Please stop calling each other names and being rude. I had to remove one user for good I don't want to have to deal with others. Calling people names or insults will get no one anywhere.

Humay and SilentSmilodon (NFF) like this.
  15. paxxo1985

paxxo1985 Commander

https://imgur.com/J0WkVx9

[​IMG]

16. Humay

Humay Ensign

17. paxxo1985

paxxo1985 Commander

18. [Ghetto]Two Shoe$

Rightly so. A group capable of sustaining a military presence can lay claim to anything in PVP space for as long as they are able to hold it.

By adding OAM's you make this competition pointless because you will not run the opposition into needing to mine missing resources to sustain their operations.

This is the equivalent of Zero loss. (except time)

19. Humay

Humay Ensign

then lets return to epic loot crates and remove craftable epics, remove NPC trading etc etc what you suggest is too old like EVE online . In EVE big corporations control resources and shipyards. Also thre is casual PVP with small ships that cost 1 mil and hardcore PVP with ships cost more than 500 euro. Both have right to live. Even with autominers thre will be PVP for 1k Sathium and 80 k Sathium so please dont make wrong point and say 80k will be nothing with current autominers level its like 5 days or so. It will be big loss. Not so big with casual PVP ships that cost 1k Sath.
    You decide what ship u make at what cost. 20k sath /3days is nothing for big PVP. Other way mining 80k sath manualy is kinda pointless grindy.
    The only thing u want is grind then make own server with 0.001 rates. Some people may want creativity exploration and building like i linked before not only mindless grind for questionable PVP. Heard about shooting warp drive and not damaging single other block? When it will be not like alpha maybe we should balance more but before we need some fun some creativity and building.

TLDR
    So PVP for everyone 1k Sath and 80 k Sath you decide... and less grind we have lives and not everybody wants to play 4k hours
    PVP will be more flexible and u face more capable ships that give challenge not just one way fun OP "PVP" tier 1 prefab vs 80k sath custom made ship
    Not everyone have 10 level OAM also you have to level it

20. [Ghetto]Two Shoe$

Usually takes me about 6 hours to get off the ground and in control.

Since you're so limited on time, you should probably stick to playing in creative mode.