Oxygen System

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

Another source of Oxygen would be the plants you grow to get veggies. A dual purpose to have growing plots.

2. McyD

McyD Lieutenant

Really hoping we will get some sort of plumbing at some point so we can generate O2 and pump it into our bases O2 storage or fill the base then excess goes into storage, with the O2 station becoming a ventilator to fill/empty the area it is in.

3. 420ThickRodMomLover69

420ThickRodMomLover69 Ensign

I don't like the oxygen system at all. It makes it a lot more tedious for what seems like no gain. Why can't I just pressurize my base or vehicles for example? A large ship or base should be able to have a self sustaining environment and not need constant and tedious oxygen recharging.

4. McyD

McyD Lieutenant

I like the concept of the O2 system, I think it just needs more fleshing out and some automating. I would hope that as the game development advances we will see pressurized interiors (think those are planned anyway). With some much needed automation to go along with it. I am sure plenty will be re-worked and added as the game progresses. Looking forward to it.

5. BlackStar7713

BlackStar7713 Lieutenant

I am pretty sure they will integrate pressurizing rooms and ships.
    Steam Greenlight: "The dynamic airflow simulation, for example, requires you to build your ships and stations airtight to preserve oxygen."

Shadefang likes this.
  6. AprilMAXRush

AprilMAXRush Ensign

I had to move around once I found the correct placing. Thx

7. Flip

Flip Captain

LOVE the fact that there is oxygen in the game. The system as it is now (v1.0.2) is almost perfect for any unpressurized or inhospitable environment. It does, however, seem a little out of place for a planet with live animals and plants like Omicron. I assume this is only a temporary alpha thing until atmospheres and "dynamic airflow simulation" is implemented. Can't wait for that!

The only minor issue I have with the automatic refill is getting too close to the oxygen stations will waste an entire bottle even if I only have a sliver of oxygen depleted. Maybe make it so we have to click to activate if oxygen levels are not below a certain amount?

fractalman and Shadefang like this.
  8. Full Metal Panda

Full Metal Panda Lieutenant

I agree. I find this system tedious and unnecessarily complex. Why can't my suit just use oxygen bottles? The oxygen station should be able to recharge bottles (made from iron or whatever) which you can swap out into your suit. Maybe have a limit of 2 bottles in inventory active. This way you can make a bunch of bottles, store them in cargo and go. I hate to compare this to SE, but I kind of like their system of O2 where you put in ice, make bottles, and fill them. Then when your suit is low it automatically tops up from the bottles in your inventory.

Eviscerator likes this.
  9. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

This man knows what's what.

10. Xakthos

Xakthos Ensign

Refilling the suit is counter intuitive currently. Need a more apparent way to refuel the suit and/or colors on the proper devices to indicate 'have oxygen' and 'can fuel suit'. An indicator on the oxygen generator to indicate if it is running at 100% (fully submerged) along with the amount obtained by water (looked like 80% from starting planet) may be needed. If it isn't based on how submerged it is, should indicate that.

Eviscerator likes this.
  11. Flip

Flip Captain

Yes just add something else to the game that will take up even more inventory space where its already limited. Great idea. In SE there are no set amount of items you can have, just weight, so it works for that game. The same effect would be achieved if they just lowered the amount of oxygen consumed a little so we wouldn't be huffing it to an oxygen station every 5 minutes.

12. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

Orrrr, you could think ahead, use the cargo boxes given, put some on your space vehicles and ground vehicles and not worry about carrying all those bottles on your person? It's really a non-issue if you use the tools you're already given.

13. Flip

Flip Captain

I guess you could do that, but wouldn't that actually add more steps to refill your oxygen? You are still going to some kind of "container" to "get oxygen," only now you have to take time opening up the container, then dragging the bottles back in your inventory instead of just walking up to the station. Sounds like more work to me.

I like the idea of an automatic refill/ conveyor system with lower oxygen consumption. That would be ideal without copying completely off of SE. Better yet, if they just allowed giant stacks of bottles to be stored in the oxygen stations, then it would be a non issue.

14. JayCo

JayCo Commander

Oxygen last for 45minutes idle, and about half that when walking, but when running it only lasts 15minutes before you need to recharge.
    The Devs wanted to make it more goal orientated rather than just run around and shoot and mining, so they kept the times and added in an oxygen generator that can be placed on the GV and SV, and there is already one for the CV and Base, the only time your likely to run out of oxygen is if you are running around and forget to make sure you recharge your oxygen, If you are always getting oxygen deprived because of not being able to get back quick enough to a recharge station here is a small hint which may help, if your a long way from a station and fear you cannot get back quick enough you can always runa nd jump your way to your destination, while running keep tabbing the space bar to jump aswell, you will find that you actually attain more speed this way, but be careful as you can sometimes land heavily causing damage so I only recommend this in an emergency.

15. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

It's true, though you use oxygen faster when running than walking, you do move significantly faster per the amount of oxygen used. Just make sure you have plenty of water, coffee, fruit and lemons to keep your stamina up.

16. Flip

Flip Captain

The oxygen system as it is now is great.... for non oxygenated environments! It works and I understand the dev's reasoning behind they way they have set it up. Its a survival game, I get it. I love that its in the game, but as the saying goes, "time flies when you are having fun," and this game is a lot of fun. If other players are like me, they have their character on perma run even when in their base, so not much idle time. As it is right now, running back to get oxygen every 15-20 minutes feels like every 5 minutes and starts feeling like a chore even when we are at our base. With that being said, I understand that we eventually should be getting the ability to have pressurized oxygenated environments and should alleviate some of the busy work once our bases are set up properly. Lets put it this way, if you had to stop everything you were doing to have to go take a piss every 15 minutes, you would probably be making an appointment to go see your Doctor to get that fixed. :p lol

17. Eviscerator

Eviscerator Commander

Yeah, ideally we'd be starting out on a planet with an oxygen atmosphere. But the oxygen system will lose a lot of its issues once we can make our own workshops or pressurized ships.

18. Flip

Flip Captain

Agreed.

19. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I recon the oxygen bottle holders you put on small ships should be stackable to 5 a slot, there is only 2 slots in each container and you need more than 2 bottles of compressed air to fill the suit, which doesn't really add up but never mind, if it was 5 a slot stackable it would make it a lot better, not so much refilling the container.

Or maybe just a conveyor system for all things is the solution.

20. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    I'd like to add something different: if we get O2 compressed rooms, any door should offer one or two status lights, showing the O2 level on the "other" side of the door.

Example:
    light one: O2 level
    blue = O2 available (= room on the other side is a compressed room without leaks)
    yellow = No O2 available (= room on the other side decompressed or open to space -> yellow = warning of "you need O2" "Attetion")

light two: status of the door
    red = unpowered
    green = powered

(or if we get an aditional "locked door" status = can only be opened from bridge or by owner)

red = locked while unpowered
    orange = unlocked while unpowered
    green = unlocked while powered (standard automatic mode)
    cyan = locked while powered

Note: if there are 2 status lights, we should have two distinct color sets

[​IMG]