Patches v1.1.x

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

They are at the top

2020-08-24 Patch v1.1.5 (Build 3077)

Germanicus likes this.
  2. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ Captain

upload_2020-8-24_12-46-32.jpeg

Bollen, RazzleWin and Germanicus like this.
  3. jesterjunk

jesterjunk Captain

4. Atlan da Gonozal

Atlan da Gonozal Ensign

Hallo. Nach dem Update auf V1.1.5 startet mein Dedicated-Server nicht mehr. Es wird nur ein hellblauer Bildschirm angezeigt. Kann mir hier vieleicht jemand helfen?

5. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

It appears that the most recent patch has broken the Dedicated Server.

--Brian

6. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Did SV mining lasers change in 1.1.5? They appear to fire longer range with a narrower AOE. Miners like XCalibur's recent Auger Mk-S now can't clear a hole large enough to fit through. The lasers seem to fire through layers of rock and leave a latticed mess.

7. Anorax

Anorax Ensign

The latest V1.1.5 patch has killed our hosted multiplayer server on HostHavoc. Has something changed recently with the way the game runs server code?

Marc~ likes this.
  8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Bollen and Hawkie like this.
  9. Hawkie

Hawkie Commander

I am running dedicated server, and had no problems. Worth to note, i did do map refresh on v1.0 so I am wondering if those with problems might be running old maps?

Germanicus likes this.
  10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Could be very well the case here too...:)

Hawkie likes this.
  11. Hawkie

Hawkie Commander

Just to check out this, I would recommend those with problems starting a "virgin" from the default scenario, and see if that starts. If that starts fine, there is an issue with the current savegame and its config/playfields.

Personally i use WinMerge to check savegame files after updates, against the default MP scenario, to see what changes have been done ( https://winmerge.org/ ) , this way i will not miss any important changes i might need to implement, or atleast know what has changed.

If you are using Linux or Mac, i recommend https://github.com/homeport/dyff/releases/tag/v1.0.4

There is also a online tool: https://eloquent-hodgkin-f52b42.netlify.app/
    But i prefer tools that can compare based on directories, and not just one file at a time

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  12. Anorax

Anorax Ensign

My apologies. The error was limited to our hosting service it seems. We re-saved all three of the main config files on our server and it fixed the issue. Seems it was related to a file permissions error stopping them from loading correctly.

byo13 and Germanicus like this.
  13. Hawkie

Hawkie Commander

I have seen the same issue, especially when updating and EAH is run under a different context than the game itself. Had to set inheritance of file permissions strict from root of the game folder.

14. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

I;m going to continue to assume, based on the minimalist nature of the descriptions of many fixes & changes, that if I don't understand them, they don't apply to me. I say this because I understand precious few of them. o_O

I really, truly wish that someone would create a Glossary of Terms & Abbreviations as an aid to the less informed. I'd
    volunteer, but I'm the less informed!:(

For instance, what the hell does it mean when you "fix an exception"? What's an exception??

If such a volume exists, I beg your pardon and would someone please direct me to it.

I thank you and hope all are safe and healthy.:cool:

15. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ Captain

:D

16. byo13

byo13 Captain

Yes, they did. Is that a bug or an improvement?
    Mining asteroids in much lesser time.

I was afraid to ask before but I have no idea what is a CoQ bug people talk about. :confused:

Track Driver likes this.
  17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

When the game prompts the player to "Continue or Quit" - the 3 options given to us when a bug happens (continue, continue but email, quit and email).

It's a programming term to describe an error that happens when some functions encounter ( "receive" ) values "out of range" or not supposed to happen. Example : the game allows access to containers to 1 user at a time, but for some reason 2 players had access to that container at the same time, and player 1 retrieved something but the game still showed that thing to the other player because it did not finish processing the 1st player action (data is transferred from player 1 to server, then from server to player 2). When player #2 clicks on the (now gone) item, the segment of code responsible to find this piece of data can't find it, and the game has not foreseen this situation, so it can't show a message to player 2 or do anything related to this - that's an exception.

A function expecting some value to divide receives a zero... another simple exception - the code has to be made to prevent throwing an error when that function receives a zero. Some "error recovery mechanism" simply write the error in the log file but ignores it (ex. mining and getting nothing for one click or two, shifting items in inventory and they disappear when dropped, etc).

These situations are just examples, but "exceptions" can also happen at hardware level for many reasons (CPU/ GPU too hot >> "packets" get corrupted because some of the very tiny electrical impulses meaning 0 or 1 "passed" through the chemical boundary between pathways in the micro-circuits and lost their coherence), but the program can have foreseen these and still "catches" these problems to allow completion of the "loop" in which the error happened. For example, some "CoQ" errors are unconsequential, and players can resume their session with no further problem. Either the game exe or windows will provide the error message that will be written in the log.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  18. Track Driver

Thank you. I appreciate that.
    My problem with fixed exceptions is sometimes they are called just that with nothing as to what the exception was or how it may have affected the game. The explanation may not be important, but it always left me wondering what was going on.

That's one item down, just a few dozen to go.

Sofianinho and Kassonnade like this.
  19. Track Driver

That was one of the "precious few".:cool:

byo13 likes this.
  20. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

It's possible that they can't "fix" the problems raising an "exception" (hardware-related) but they can at least prevent the game from crashing when they occur, or data from being corrupted when this happens. Many things seem to happen because the game is very demanding on hardware, and until it gets less demanding these bugs can still happen on lower-end systems, but at least the game can be kept running despites that. The side-effect is that these players with lower-end systems will not "crash" anymore but will then report bugs seen now when they would have crashed before the fix...

Also, many times the problems can be cause by interactions between the game/ program and the operating system (windows) which "operates" at the hardware level (send requests to drivers and receives corresponding "answers" if success or not). The game only sends requests to windows, and windows have way more things to manage than the game and can hit problems that the game was not designed to "understand".

For the same reason, handheld gaming devices like Nintendo Switch practically never have problems because the "hardware" is made specifically to run the games which follow strict design constraints for that hardware.

I admit I can't understand all what is mentioned in the patch notes without reading a lot in the game files because the notes refer to lots of acronyms and abbreviations specific to the game and/ or Unity.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.