Patches v1.1.x

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Another random one... I'm placing Cargo Boxes - specifically Cargo Box 5 - in both my Base and CV. The tool-tip says they have a 32.0 kSU Volume Capacity, yet, when placed, they have just 16 kSU. I thought these boxes did have the correct actual volume capacity at one point, but they don't any more. All the double-block Cargo Boxes show as 32 kSU in the tool-tip, not just Cargo Box 5.

Perhaps I just missed this one previously, but I thought they used to be correct?

Scoob.

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Here is the Reason for this Issue->
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/hold-and-drag-stopped-working.95654/#post-417445

3. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Tooltips are wrong, I think that's a known bug. Seems like all cargo types have been standardized to max 8k per block.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Yeah, it is know, most of the Tooltips contain wrong numbers.

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks for that. Fair enough, I can live with it :)

Thanks, hopefully it'll be sorted - either TT fixed or capacity corrected, whichever it is.

I have yet another query, but I think I was dimly aware of this one...

I'm encountering hostile POI's in space that have nothing but Sentry Turrets on them. However, regardless of my Turret settings, my Turrets will simply not shoot Sentries. I do recall reading something about this being intentional, however, I cannot even get close to this POI to shoot these turrets - there are LOTS of them.

I've jumped into one of my CV's Cannon Turrets but, due to the range, the Sentries aren't visible to shoot at. I'm 300 metres away, but well within Turret range - 875 Metre range on Cannon Turrets in space to be exact - but I don't think the Sentries are actually even rendered at this distance, so I'm sorta stuck.

Now, I know I could go in with an SV and take them out of course, but that's really not the point. I have a well armed CV - for the early game - yet it cannot even defeat a bunch of Sentries. Seems a bit silly to me.

Am I missing something?

Scoob.

krazzykid2006 likes this.
  6. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

If you look at the 3 "enemy" sentry guns in the ConfigExample.ecf you will see they are "invisible" to the player turret's detection :

{ Block Id: 565, Name: SentryGun01
    Info: bkiAlienBlock, display: true
    Group: cpgAlien
    Material: metal
    BlockColor: "110,110,110"
    TemplateRoot: SentryGunBlocks
    WeaponItem: sentryGunSingle2
    Category: Weapons/Items
    BlastRadius: 2
    BlastDamage: 20
    HitPoints: 75, type: int, display: true
    EnergyIn: 10, type: int, display: true, formatter: Watt
    CPUIn: 140, type: int, display: true
    Mass: 200, type: float, display: true, formatter: Kilogram
    Volume: 400, type: float, display: true, formatter: Liter
    RotSpeed: 175, type: int, display: true
    Zoom: 2, type: float
    XpFactor: 2
    AboveTerrainCheck: false
    TurretTargetIgnore: true <<< change this to "false"

}

-----------------------------------------------

If you're in singleplayer you could simply change that to "false" for the 3 sentry guns - they are 3 consecutive entries in the file, starting around line 1938.

7. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks @Kassonnade, that's does tie in with what I remember re: Sentry Turrets. If I remember rightly, wasn't this a work-around (aka bodge lol) to alleviate the issue where CV Turrets would fire through a POI trying to hit an internal sentry turret that just happened to be slightly closer to the Player than the LARGE exterior turrets currently ripping holes in their vessel.

The "proper" solution to this was going to be true LoS targetting, no more turrets just knowing where stuff is...dunno if that's still on the cards, but the game would be better for it.

In the end, I used my Y2 Sniper Rifle from just over 300 metres away to take out the Sentries - they rendered when I zoomed in. Need a Zoom function for turrets really, and their ranges far exceed viable visibility (render) distances at times.

Btw: as an aside, I feel the game can afford - PC Resource-wise - to spend more on things like this. I get that such checks mean more CPU cycles needed for the calculation, however, I don't know about everyone else, but Empyrion is pretty light on CPU and multi-threads really well. My 3900X runs the game well - I barely see 10-15% CPU load overall - and there are no spikes on one thread. GPU-wise, it can be quite hard on my 1070, but that's being replaced soon. My old 2600k - with the 1070 also - ran the game just fine too. It worked harder than the 3900X of course, hardly a surprise, but I don't recall it ever being really pushed. Low-fps situations were invariably GPU-related, with the odd random gremlin (certain weather effects used to be an issue) that caused problems without particularly taxing CPU /GPU.

Scoob.

8. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

Unless something has changed in the last week, the last time I used a cv turret to do just what you are suggesting, you can zoom in when using a turret manually with the scroll wheel.

Spoon and Germanicus like this.
  9. Obcy

Obcy Commander

How is the situation with baaad reviews? Did those put Empyrion down already? :)

10. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

They were all right : the devs abandoned us... :(

ChumSickle likes this.
  11. Obcy

Obcy Commander

We are all doomed.

Kassonnade likes this.
  12. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Maybe they got in a fight over the roadmap...

byo13 and Spoon like this.
  13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Apologies, I meant better Zoom, more akin to the Sniper Rifle. I could see the Sentry Turrets just fine with the Sniper Rifle, yet it had half the range of the Cannon Turret. I know the Sniper Rifle should be better, that's its niche after all, but the Cannon Turret (and others) would benefit from a boost when used manually as the Sentries wouldn't even render an maximum zoom.

Thought: I'd actually quite like a Sniper Turret, even if it were manual operation only... Then my suggestion from ages ago - Sentry Turret varieties, Shotgun, Sniper, Rocket etc. - would have a counterpart.

Scoob.

14. Combat Wombat

Combat Wombat Captain

Ended up exactly as predicted. The score took a big nose dive that could have been entirely avoided had the devs bothered to state up front on the Steam store page that nothing changed when they removed Early Access status.

15. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

You can fix that with the Config.ecf file :

You can find both the "CannonWeapon" and the "Cannon Block" in the Config_Example.ecf. The zoom is adjustable in the "Block" and the other characteristics (range etc) are in the "weapon" item ( two different ID ) :

The "item" part :

{ Item Id: 2165, Name: TurretBaseCannonWeapon
    StackSize: 500
    Mass: 6150, type: float, display: false, formatter: Kilogram
    {
    AllowAt: "Space,Planet"
    ROF: 0.35, type: float, display: true, formatter: ROF
    Range: 500, display: false

RangeSpace: 500, display: false
    Automatic: false
    Damage: 1000, display: true

AmmoCapacity: 100, display: true
    AmmoType: 30mmBullet, display: true
    NoiseStrength: 120, display: false
    CameraShake: 2
    ReloadDelay: 2, display: true
    TracerPerBullet: 1
    Tracer: Weapons/Projectiles/TracerOrange1
    DamageMultiplier_1: 0.25, data: head|body
    DamageMultiplier_2: 0.01, data: wood|rock
    DamageMultiplier_3: 0, data: stone|dirt
    DamageMultiplier_4: 0.05, data: shield
    DamageMultiplier_5: 1.15, data: hull|hullarmored|hullcombat|metal|metallight|metalhard
    }
    }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The "Block" part :
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{ Block Id: 1143, Name: TurretBaseCannon
    Group: cpgTurret
    Material: metalhard
    TemplateRoot: TurretBaseProjectileBlocks
    WeaponItem: TurretBaseCannonWeapon
    IsLockable: true
    Info: bkiTurret, display: true
    BlockColor: "110,110,110"
    StackSize: 500
    MaxCount: 6, type: int, display: true
    BlastRadius: 3
    BlastDamage: 80
    EnergyIn: 5, type: int, display: true, formatter: Watt
    CPUIn: 8600, type: int, display: true
    Mass: 5980, type: float, display: true, formatter: Kilogram
    HitPoints: 3450, type: int, display: true
    RotSpeed: 150, type: int, display: true
    Zoom: 10, type: float

}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most BA/CV weapons have these 2 "components" : "block" and "item"... When zooming a lot the view is quite sensitive since the weapons usually have a mouse modifier to smoothen the mouse movement when zoomed-in / handle with care ! ;)

In fact if you try aiming at around 300m with a sniper and with a modded cannon, you will see that the cannon has absolutely no smoothing and the cursor jumps by big steps around the target, while the sniper has an adequate cursor/ tracking motion.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    stanley bourdon likes this.
  16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks @Kassonnade, I forget how much can be done with the Config file these days. I did most of my tinkering back when playfield.yaml was all we had to play with pretty much. Just don't seem to get the opportunity to tinker these days.

Scoob.

Kassonnade likes this.
  17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Yes, we are "creatures of habits"... I always forget that I modded almost everything extensively in my default folders, so when I check something in game that I see mentioned on forums it always takes a minute or two to remember how different his can make the game... :D

byo13 likes this.
  18. Obcy

Obcy Commander

So long time no hear from the devs. They are gone :-(

19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Since the last patch 12 new builds - containing Bug squashing, refinements, new POI's, Story Line and many more stuff - have been written.
    And...because the Major features are done does not mean the Devs have now more time hanging around on the Forums ;):D

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  20. byo13

byo13 Captain

They went to explore randomly generated beaches. Don't worry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.