Filed / Tracking PDA function PlayfieldOps SignalStructure doesn't work in MP [01563]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by ravien_ff, Jul 30, 2024.

1. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 4480
    Mode: coop and dedicated survival
    DLC Installed: No

SERVER NAME: NA
    SEED-ID: NA

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: PDA SignalStructure function

Summary: The PDA's PlayfieldOps SignalStructure function does not work on dedicated servers.

Description: Using the PDA's PlayfieldOps SignalStructure function does not work properly on coop or dedicated multiplayer.
    This breaks any mission that relies on this feature to control signals of structures on coop or dedicated servers.
    For example in RE2 I have a sector where the player infiltrates control stations and use them to remotely turn off the weapons of a mining facility to make it easier to attack. In single player this works as expected but in coop or dedicated it gives a -WRN- Net Playfield GameOp 'SignalStructure: RE2_BAO_RadosPentaxid;Rocket;false' reports error ParameterError error and does not change the signal state.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Start a new survival game of Reforged Eden 2 in single player.
    2) Use console command sector TestSpace2 to teleport to the sector with the mining facility.
    Optional: use console command faction rep local Zirax 30000 to become friendly with Zirax so they don't shoot you.
    3) Teleport to one of the 3 control stations in this sector (Plasma Sentry Control, Laser Sentry Control, Rocket Sentry Control).
    4) Interact with the console that is directly above the core in the center of the control station in the lower level and select the option to shut down the sentries.
    5) This will start a mission that will turn off that type of turret on the Pentaxid Mining Facility's satellites. You can go to the Mining Facility and check the turrets on the satellites around the facility to verify those turrets were turned off.
    6) Repeat the test, this time either in coop or on a dedicated server. When the console is used there will be a PlayfieldOps error pop up on the screen and the signal will not be changed and the turrets will remain online.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    Logs are attached from the coop game session I used to test.

Setting in eWPDA:
    (Note that I have changed it from false to true and it still does not work)
    [​IMG]

Code from the PDA:
    Code:
            OnCompletePlayfieldOps:
              - 'SignalStructure: RE2_BAO_RadosPentaxid;Laser;false'
    Link to Reforged Eden 2 workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3143225812

Please let me know if you need any additional info or if you need me to setup a more controlled testing scenario for this.

Attached Files:

Vollinger and Vermillion like this.
  2. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

I can confirm this issue has existed for many, many, patches. It was a problem well before the DLC launch and I just gave up trying to utilize the code, assuming it was abandoned. Another example I have is utilizing the signal via PDA to trigger against a nearby CV, it didn't matter whether I used the group name, spawn name, or file name (although ravien is likely using the correct usage). I tried triggering it solo, with multiple players present, as well as trying to use the * and _ prefaces that certain bugged sensors needed as workaround (no idea if it's still relevant).