Peaceful Mode - as requested by players.

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by piddlefoot, Nov 8, 2017.

1. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

No saved games don't effect RAM, it doesn't de-serialize any of them when it starts up.

What I mean is, if your in creative for example, and you jump into godmode, and jump from planet to planet the game fails to unload all the data from the planet you were at, so as you jump from planet to planet your RAM slowly gets chewed up until there is no more, then you get stutter and holes in the map and textures missing all sorts of funky stuff, cos video card cant draw on anything until the CPU sends it the data, so it gets really funky at times.
    So after jumping to half a dozen planets its worth shutting whole game down and re starting it so all RAM is cleaned out of old data, its like a memory leak, the memory leak you have when you don't have a memory leak ! So to speak technically !
    LOL !

Been doing it for months now.

2. John Rosser

John Rosser Ensign

Well I don't do much jumping, as there seems to be a bug I usually start on Creative otherwise the saved survival game won't load! Otherwise I stay in game. The updated version is great now, haven't seen any spiders and about 4 raptord. Thank you.

3. John Rosser

John Rosser Ensign

There are still herds of raptors and more than one spider too and think there should be less mules as they keep bumping into me!

4. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I can look at doing a little update to it just before 8.0 release, but right now Im re-doing all the Instances in my other scenarios and cos POIs take so long I wong get time until them, but 8.0 shouldn't be to far away anyway.

5. John Rosser

John Rosser Ensign

Its a bit early for 8 imo? I'll press on with my current game then.

6. John Rosser

John Rosser Ensign

played again, killed spider and got attacked by 4 raptors! The fuel depot fired at me as well. how do we get rifle upgrades? can't find any research centres to loot?