Fixed Player is killed instantly in cockpit despite hull being intact (though damaged) [6408]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by jlego, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlego

jlego Captain

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Co-op (probably Dedicated also)

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: 966724

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Structure

Summary: Player is killed instantly in cockpit despite hull being intact (though damaged)

Description:
    When playing in single-player, taking fire from enemy bases does not seem to result in the player being killed without destruction of the hull surrounding them. However, in co-op, it is possible to be instantly killed by Zirax ion cannons and laser turrets despite the hull not suffering significant damage (i.e., extreme block damage or loss of blocks).

Steps to Reproduce
    1. Download save game linked below, put into Saves folder, and change name of folder and .ply file in Players directory for this save to your own Steam ID.
    2. (Optional) Make a copy of the game to allow testing a fresh HV in both single-player and co-op
    3. Load save game in singleplayer mode.
    4. Enter god mode if you are outside HV (white cube) to allow you to enter it (there is no door, and the hull is two blocks thick). Ensure that god mode is switched off, enter the cockpit and go to third person mode to allow you to see where you are moving. The shield provided in the HV should be disabled.
    5. Go forward towards nearby Zirax base until in range of its fire. Observe that you are able to take significant damage without dying. Repeat several times if necessary to confirm this.
    6. Exit the game and load the save in co-op mode (no other players are necessary to reproduce this) and repeat steps 4 and 5 where necessary, repairing in between attempts to prevent block loss. You will eventually, after possibly several attempts, observe that you are dead, despite the hull being intact.
    Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

(Edited to fix bad numbering and incorrect type)

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    ravien_ff and elmo like this.
  2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
  3. Pantera

• Developer
    This will also have a fix in the next release (in a few days afaik) please leave feedback here once you have had the chance to test it out.
    Thanks!

ravien_ff, jlego and elmo like this.
  4. Zaflis

Zaflis Commander

I wonder if this is same case, but earlier in SP survival i flew through a orbit minefield in SV with shields on. The shields stayed high around 60%+ but player took heavy damage, didn't die though. I flew more carefully near the other mines and didn't take damage then.

jlego likes this.
  5. jlego

jlego Captain

Sounds like it might be the same thing (though in my test game I wasn't really able to test with shields because it dropped too quickly - also fixed in the next update). It'd be useful if you'd confirm the fix in the next version as well (I'll still be testing, of course).

ravien_ff and elmo like this.
  6. jlego

jlego Captain

Not 100% sure because of the way this bug triggers inconsistently, but this issue seems to be fixed in 2482. I'll file another report if I see it reoccur. Thanks :)

7. Pantera

• Developer
    Thanks for checking PM if you find it still happening then I can reopen this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.