Playfeild / POI difficulty

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by Ravis, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Ravis

Ravis Captain

Is there a way to better define what difficulty a Poi or mob is?

The playfeild is set to 4 which mostly is around Lev 7 mobs. But occasionally I get anything from 10 to 1 level mobs. Is there any way to narrow down the range or spacificly set the level for a Poi?

2. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

I was wondering that myself. I've tried the playfield level override in dynamics.yaml and the difficulty in static.yaml but doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I still get a range of poi's from level 2 to level 10. which is odd because it's the same poi (just multiple copies spawned in) at completely different levels.

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The level of the planet determines the max level of POIs and wild creature spawns. But individual POIs and creatures can be lower level.

The difficulty listed on the planet screen (easy, normal, hard, Ultra) is based on the level of the planet.

There's also a second difficulty but that is really only used to determine starter planet order. That might show up on the map screen sometimes but that's not the level of the planet.

Don't worry, it is a little confusing. :D and I'm still not sure exactly how it works because sometimes I get higher level enemies than I should too.

Fenra369 likes this.
  4. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

That's what I don't get. The difficulty of the starter planet I'm working on is set to one yet I get level 10 POIs. On the same planet in the same game another if the same poi can be level 2.

Honestly doesn't make any sense.

5. Ravis

Ravis Captain

Yea I had a wrecked Poi at Lev 10, the main challenge base that it was attached to, which is three times it's size was Lev 5. Guess which one was harder to take down lol.

Just trying to shore up the difference a bit.

6. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

Precisely the same issue here, glad to know it's not just me . I did see that the dronebase stuff you can set a difficulty, but that same difficulty: 4 code doesn't work for random pois

7. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Note that difficulty levels go in many places... To help you out:
    -Playfield difficulty is the *base* difficulty a planet can have (and determines it's difficult level of easy/medium/hard/ultra)
    -Within this, *specific biomes* will each have their own difficulty levels, which can be raised to +- 10 levels (10 is technical max as far as I understand). All creatres spawning in a biome will have this as their actual level, playfield difficulty +- biome modifier
    -beyond that, POIs spawn creatures/drones, in which those levels are set by POI-specific level modifiers. So, a drone spawn would be playfield difficulty +- POI modifier