Please make Volumetric Light an option

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by HMIMH, May 10, 2023.

1. HMIMH

HMIMH Ensign

Most of the recent complains on the Steam forums are about this setting. Please make it optional, as it takes a huge performance impact for so little advantage. It's also messing with some designs. Just make it an option in the video settings please.

builder680 and stanley bourdon like this.
  2. builder680

builder680 Lieutenant

If I'm not mistaken, this is the addition that makes spotlights on cv ships not render anymore unless you're very close. This "feature" is a net negative in every aspect, imo.

3. HMIMH

HMIMH Ensign

Yes, most of the players don't like it, and causes stuff like BLINDING your vision from the cockpit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. HMIMH

HMIMH Ensign

Most of the recent complains on the Steam forums are about this setting. Please make it optional, as it takes a huge performance impact for so little advantage. It's also messing with some designs. Just make it an option in the video settings please.
    Example with spotlights: (CANT SEE **** FROM THE COCKIPT)
    [​IMG]

5. EvilSmoo

EvilSmoo Ensign

Same. I just started on a newly hosted server to play with drones and see new changes.

The biggest change for me, was how GARBAGE spotlights are at night. I'm better off with the lights off than trying to use SV lights. Personal light is usable, but slightly annoying.

But SV? Pointless. Better to use graphics settings to crank gamma than to stare at a blinding white blob if the spotlights are on.

stanley bourdon likes this.