Project Eden (WIP massive random scenario)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by ravien_ff, Jun 18, 2018.

1. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I post a lot of my progress on the "what did you do in Empyrion today?" thread but here's a sneak peek at what I've been working on:

20190621045616_1.jpg

2. Ravlain

Ravlain Lieutenant

Spoke too soon, now they don't show up on the map even after you discover them, and the detector keeps detecting them :(

I've bugged it.

ravien_ff likes this.
  3. Bruticis

Bruticis Ensign

I'm having trouble installing this on a hosted server (Nitrado not using EAH). I've copied the files over via FTP to my server and changed to the custom scenario in my dedicated.yaml file but it still loads the default MP scenario. Am I missing something?

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I haven't used Nitrado myself but some people have said they had trouble getting it set up but were able to do it. Try reading back through some of the Steam comments on the alpha 10 workshop posting. Maybe one of those comments will help you get it figured out. I'm not sure what exactly they had to do.

5. Bruticis

Bruticis Ensign

Thank you for the quick response, I finally found the problem. For whatever reason it appears Nitrado installs Empyrion, they generate the galaxy based on stock playfields into the saves and cache folders. I had to delete the files to get your scenario to finally take.
    My friends and I have only played about 20 minutes but it's fantastic so far and changed some of our groups negative opinion from simply playing the base MP survival mode. I'm really impressed with your work thus far!

ravien_ff likes this.
  6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Awesome you got it to work and thank you for that info too! It will help others.

Hope you all enjoy the scenario. It's still a work in progress so let me know how it goes! :D

7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I have recently downloaded your Scenario and just started on the Swamp Planet. You should state somewhere that ..
    It is not advisable to start with W/V activated as you start with loads of stuff in your pockets but cant equip anything as you are overloaded. (650/500) or tell players not to change starter Equipment to easy and stick with medium if this is the case here .... also eventually remove the mechanical Drill as no longer needed :) I will try the same start now with medium equipment but W/V active.

ravien_ff likes this.
  8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Oops! I'll get that fixed for the next update. I left it at whatever the default starting equipment was. :eek:

9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Okay, fixed it. I didn't notice that you started with hundreds of ingots on easy. It'll have to wait until the next update though. In the meantime medium starting equipment should be far more tolerable (you don't start with the ingots or the armor locker).

Germanicus likes this.
  10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Well just started new....Starter Equipment Easy is a NO GO together with W/V activated...must stay with Medium Equipment if W/V is activated

ravien_ff likes this.
  11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Or trash the extra stuff, though it would be painful to lose it. :D

12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Uhm... I don't know whats wrong with the Patrol Vessel. Eventually you should have word with its Commandero_O
    Marian Hegemony M_2019-06-29_10-09-05.png

ravien_ff likes this.
  13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It's just checking out that wreck. :D

Sofianinho and Germanicus like this.
  14. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Might be the case here ... he even inspected the bottom of the wreck while diving beneath the surface;)

15. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I did not look through all your posts here but did you make ALL Deposits as SSOR's?

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Almost all of them because autominers don't deplete voxel deposits yet.

17. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I hope you are aware of the difficulties SSOR Deposits present when you mine them by hand in the Beginner phase? You can't determine how much ore the drilled rock will yield so you might loose a considerable number of ore when it pops and is to large to be carried away in your Backpack. Besides with the current Drill Changes drilling by hand is the better AND faster choice instead of Autominers

ravien_ff likes this.
  18. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I kind of love the SSOR's :) They make the newer faster mining even faster still.

@ravien_ff are you around? Where should I fly to head towards the plasma planet? Or can I get close:

20190629212641_1.jpg

Russell and ravien_ff like this.
  19. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Ravien....

Oh, my, god

20190629223517_1.jpg

Also, kinda fell in love with what I assume was a pentaxid Moon. Was heading to the lava moon in the picture(and it seems to be almost a planet) but then I keep seeing stuff in space and then this outpost!

WOO HOO!

ravien_ff likes this.
  20. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The plasma planet is along the outer rim of the solar system so just keep heading away from the sun. :D
    It looks like you got lucky and either of those two long warp lanes should lead to the outer rim.

The Abyssal are building up their forces and might occupy more planets out there in future updates. :D

I thought you'd like that infested outpost! I made it back in alpha 8 so it could probably use a refit but I have plans for more "infested" stuff.

@Germanicus I might set the starting planet deposits back to voxel for some planets if it's too tedious to mine with mass/volume enabled. Did it seem workable or was it too much of a pain to mine in the early game? Hard to please everyone on this. :D