Project Eden (WIP massive random scenario)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by ravien_ff, Jun 18, 2018.

1. [BB]Drifter

[BB]Drifter Commander

So would I do that with an admin core in place then?

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yeah.

3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hey @ravien_ff

I've encountered a POI called "Ruined Mining Outpost" and I love it, however, I notice that all Cargo Boxes on it are the HV/SV class ones, not the BA/CV Class and as such they have minimal storage. Not a huge issue, but if this is one of the POI's you've added - I've never seen it in vanilla - then it needs a little tweak :)

Note: in the Devices tab, these Cargo Boxes show as "Placeable: BA, CV, SV, HV" yet when recovered show as "Placeable: SV, HV". I assume this means they're simply an old block type.

Scoob.

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yup those are old cargo boxes. I try to remember to update old blueprints when I convert them into POIs but sometimes I miss a few (you'll find a lot of them on the dead planets, for example). Thanks for letting me know! :D

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

No worries. There are still commands to convert old blocks to new aren't there? I recall using them in the past...well, a long time ago when L-Class Blocks were first introduced to convert some POI's.

Currently restoring that POI to habitable state, totally forgot about the commands and I'm almost finished now lol. Still, the only blocks that are the wrong type appears to be the Cargo Boxes, Railings - another common one to be wrong - all appear fine thus far, as do the windows.

Scoob.

6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yep I actually have F4 bound to convert all the old cargo boxes to the new ones it just takes a few seconds to do. :D

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

@Scoob fixed! (will be in next update). Thanks again. :D Probably a lot more I missed.

8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Cool :)

Also, I just found a "Destroyed Survivor Base" - another great POI. I took out the Core, placed my own, but while I was recovering the Grow Plots I experienced an EPIC Structural Integrity failure. Basically 99% of the base's above ground component exploded lol. The underground bit is intact, at least I assume there wasn't more too it.

To re-create this issue, simply take out the Core, place your own, then try to reclaim the Grow Plots with your MT as I did. Not sure which one exactly triggered the failure, but it was the forth one as I'd collected a row of three, then started on the next row and BOOM.

FYI: I'm on another "Dead Planet" but this one isn't a starter so is quite different :)

Scoob.

9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Sounds like ancient abandoned structures aren't very structurally sound. :D I'll take a look at this one too and see what's up.

10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Indeed :) I didn't appear to be floating or anything so, visually at least, I didn't expect any problems. There are two more of these right next to the explody one, so I'll not attempt to salvage the Grow Plots on those just yet!

Note: I realised that only after the POI had exploded was there underground part revealed. I've carefully scavenged the next one, avoiding the Grow Plots and now way down has been revealed. I'd have been oblivious to the lower level, so is there some plan behind the SI issues?

Edit: I notice that the third of these POI's, while essentially the same, is slightly different. This third one still has much of its roof intact, whereas the first two - both explody when a certain Grow Plot is taken - did not. I'll see if this third one is unstable too.... Doesn't appear to be, nor does it have the underground layer. Note: the prior two POI's (all the same name) had elevator blocks underneath the centre Grow Plot for basement access. It's not this centre Grow Plot than breaks SI, but one of the others...but all is fine on this third roofed without basement version.

Scoob.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  11. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

A small info about exploding structures (BAses) in general, have not checked any in this scenario.

I have seen some (older versions of) POIs can have blocks with negative health (100% and more damaged). So touching (removing) one such block generates a kind of block update chain reaction where they got destroyed.
    I have tried to add support blocks in any way, but no help, so SI was not the issue.

Example are/were those 2 versions of Crashed Vessels with many thrusters, small with light brownish colors.
    Maybe something happened when used a BluePrint editor or update, mixed with item updates.

Germanicus likes this.
  12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Noticed similar things too, Crushed Small Vessel in my Case, sometimes I could "fix/repair" the shutter but most of the time it goes "BANG!" and gone.

StyxAnnihilator likes this.
  13. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Try turning SI off for testing....

14. Liang

Liang Captain

So are you placing this on hold now that they announced multiple star sectors?

15. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

As he still has some Planets and other idea's in creation and no ETA (was it A11.x?) was mentioned for multiple Solar systems I believe he won't stop it soon;).

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Just until I start feeling better after my surgery mostly.
    I can keep making planets and POIs while I wait for alpha 11. :D

Liang and Germanicus like this.
  17. Liang

Liang Captain

;)

BTW get well soon!

ravien_ff likes this.
  18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Here's an interesting one...

I found myself on a Moon that had "Ultra" difficulty, so I thought it the ideal location for a base! However, while it does have a Drone Base, it's an Alien one, not Zirax, so there are no attack Waves. Shame. What there are however are constant wandering Drones attacking my tiny outpost and regular Troop Transports. Oddly, the Transports do sometimes deploy Zirax, but it's more usually overseers, who have a bad habit of destroying base blocks.

Interesting stuff! Are these planets supposed to have Drone Waves - i.e. should the Drone Base be Zirax rather than Alien? Ideally, it'd stay alien (it's an alien moon after all) but be treated as Zirax in regards to Drone Waves, but have more alien troops.

Scoob.

GenghisBob and ravien_ff like this.
  19. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

There's no Alien faction base attack, so if the drone base is Alien faction there won't be any Zirax base attacks.

20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yes, my query was did you intend for the Drone Bases to spawn as Alien on Alien planets and moon? Sure, they're a POI that can be attack and looted, but other than that they're not "special" in that they trigger Drone Waves.

Thought: Could I cheat to change the Core to Zirax so this Alien Moon has a little extra danger? :)

Edit: as a test I used the Faction command to convert the [Aln] Drone base to [Zrx]

"faction entity Zrx [id]" games says there will now be attacks...will test! :)

Scoob.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    ravien_ff likes this.