Project Eden (WIP massive random scenario)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by ravien_ff, Jun 18, 2018.

1. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That might work! And yes it's intended that some planets have alien faction drones, to still give a challenge to players even if they are friendly with Zirax. :D

Germanicus likes this.
  2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Do you happen to know what impact the Attack Difficulty? I thought it was linked to the difficulty of the playfield, but this one is "Ultra" yet the Attack Difficulty is just 2 - I never seen higher than 2!

I know base Size / devices etc. impact attack probability - that's currently 42.2, no 42.6, it went up as I was watching...oh, 42.2 again lol - so that's ok, an attack is on it's way soon (<3 days) but I want it to be harder. My ideal scenario is that my Base gets overwhelmed and I need to get in my SV and help.

Planning to restart with the next Beta - both a vanilla (for testing) and Project Eden (I'm hooked, snow dwarf this time!) - so sorta tinkering a bit :)

Scoob.

Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Ah, I see, that makes sense. I do hope Eleon are able to enable Base attacks with the Alien Faction too... No need to add it to the Control Panel, like with Zirax and Talon, no, keep it a surprise! :)

Scoob.

ravien_ff likes this.
  4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I have no idea to be honest. I thought it might be tied to the level of the planet though (the difficulty shown in the info window for the planet, not the custom difficulty I write in the planet descriptions). But I have noooo clue. :D

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

That was my best guess too, however, with my current Planet being "Planet Difficulty: Ultra" I expected a little more than just an Attack Difficulty of 2! I do recall that the displayed Difficulty and actual difficulty were two separate variables in the playfield.yaml once upon a time, that was a while back though, I've not edited a playfield.yaml in ages.

Scoob.

6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

What planet type is this by the way?

7. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

It's an Alien Moon that's orbiting a Dead Planet...not the starting Dead Planet though - this one has none of the Admin Loot POI's of course.

Said planet has two Moons, one looks like a normal, dead moon though I've not been to the surface yet.

Scoob.

8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Ah that one can be generated between level 6 and 9.

9. NemesisCorps

NemesisCorps Ensign

We have been running project Eden for a while now thank you for your work.

Iv had a few players mention that the starter planet resources are gone. Is there a way to change this happening?

ravien_ff likes this.
  10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can manually reset the ore deposits or I think if you're using EAH you can configure it to automatically reset the deposits on a set schedule. For starter planets it's a good idea if it's a public server. Many public servers even completely wipe all starter planets to brand new on a weekly basis to make sure new planets have the resources that they need.

I don't have the commands handy but check around the other forum sections or do a search for them and you can probably find out.

11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Quick query... I started a "Snow Dwarf" game this evening and it's been a blast. However, there have been no "Hot Springs" areas on the map for me to shelter from. I did land right next to an Alien POI "Lost Colony" so I got some respite while sheltering in there - before I could build a Portable Heater - and I managed to convert a "Garage" POI to a little shelter that was right next to it. Not the Garage was just blocks, no useable devices.

This has been fun, but it's not been quite what I expected...not that this is a bad thing of course. I just thought it had been mentioned previously that "Hot Springs" were the main way to survive this one early-game, just like the old vanilla Snow starter planet.

I do like the challenge level on this start. It's sort of easier as you've not got to worry about the rads of the Dead Planet start. However, there's really not much around to scavenge by comparison. Food isn't a problem either, nor is just breathing of course lol. A solid difficult but not frustratingly so start. My only issue was my expecting there to be hot springs, so I went further on foot than perhaps was sensible after starting. No deaths yet though.

Oh, it's nice that the Portable Heater can only help by 30c - I assume that's a vanilla thing - as it doesn't make you instantly safe when using it, as I found out.

While I'm looking forward to 10.6 - I don't think it'll impact Project Eden particularly - I'm loathe to go vanilla again. Eleon need to put some tougher starts back in the game again.

As an aside, I do think the game would benefit from Vessels / Bases not offering total environmental protection - at least not without a bit more of a cost. I.e. in particularly cold temperatures, as I'm in now, I'd expect my Base to burn a bit more power to keep me warm. Personally, I'd have it so a sealed, air-tight base, needs to have its own O2 else the player would suffocate. On a breathable planet, just having a Ventilator with access to outside air would be enough. It'd be implied that the system is heating the air for the interior...

Scoob.

StyxAnnihilator and ravien_ff like this.
  12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Got to say, that Lost Colony POI was great fun. I'm liking how explosions trigger the access needed to allow progress through the POI, and the critter spawning is spot on. Considering I did this very early-game with just a recovered Shotgun, and later other salvaged weapons I didn't have any more bullets for, I think I did pretty well getting through it alive.

I could take over the POI as a better base in theory, but I think I'll just loot it when I am able. I've literally just created my first HV and I've not the capacity - either volume or weight - to salvage the goodies from this place. Still, it'll stand me in good stead when I am ready.

Yet another very fun game start in Project Eden!

Scoob.

ravien_ff likes this.
  13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I had a lot of fun making it. :D I designed it specifically for early game so you could do it with a shotgun or assault rifle.

14. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

It wasn't just my Epic skillz then? ;)

One thing I did note, which is true in Vanilla too, is that even low-level enemies are bullet sponges when using the "Hard" setting. I'd picked up a couple of Miniguns as loot in this POI, so when I had a load of Nightmares rush me (from the Cryopods) I switched to it to mow them down. However, it was woefully ineffective! lol. I then switched to a looted Laser Rifle, landed a few headshots and that was useless too. I then switched to a T2 AR I'd found and that worked really really well vs. the Nightmares.

Oh, the Overseerer almost got me as he managed to walk through the doors to the decontamination chamber, despite being a bit too big to fit. Surprised me that did lol.

I think at medium enemy difficulty the game feel much better balanced, but I did want the extra challenge :)

Scoob.

15. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Lost Colony signal logic might have some issues. The "decontamination" chamber I used my drone first and triggered the doors, were able to close the doors. When arrived with "me" then would not open again so used God Mode. I have not tested it more.

16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I did the same thing, triggering it initially with my Drone. However, after the process was complete BOTH doors were open so I could approach on foot without issue.

What I have found is that some doors that are triggered to open can then be manually closed and not open again. The Hangar Door is an example of this.

Scoob.

17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Quick question: I'm encountering "Smuggler's Stash" POI's in space but they always self-destruct. I've drilled into the asteroid, noticed the explosive blocks, so I've killed the Core first thinking that should effectively power off any sensors that are detecting me. However, the entire stash still blows up, leaving nothing behind. Am I missing something?

Note: shooting the explosive blocks directly still sees them explode, but containers then leave drop boxes - I guess that's the intended solution?

Scoob.

18. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

There's an opening and a way to deactivate the explosive blocks.

19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I did try several angles and I didn't see a natural opening in the asteroid. I did see how to approach it from the rear of the sensor though but that's only possible once I knew where to go. I'll look harder next time I encounter one :)

Scoob.

20. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Will you attempt to provide some sort "friends only" version for EXP 10.6?

ravien_ff likes this.