Project Eden (WIP massive random scenario)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by ravien_ff, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Looks Pretty...next thing is the Event Horizon of a Black Hole with the USS Cygnus "hanging" around;):D

ravien_ff likes this.
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I'll see if I can do a convincing black hole. :D

*edit* just had an idea... just a sec.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Nice to notice that poking still works...;):D

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

20191213034353_1.jpg

20191213034457_1.jpg

20191213034716_1.jpg

5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

And now put a mayor gravitational Pull around that thing...15+ G ?...for the start

ravien_ff likes this.
  6. Demonic

Demonic Captain

If only one could give a gravity to a space playfield...

ravien_ff likes this.
  7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It's actually possible tech wise, but not enabled.

Germanicus likes this.
  8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Yeah, @Hummel-o-War said so that they intend to put that into the game at some point

ravien_ff likes this.
  9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

@Germanicus I'll have to put out the update tomorrow I think. Gotta get to bed.

10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Well ok...Health goes before fun. Good Night

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Update for Empyrion Alpha 11.5:
    Starting a new game is required to get the updated content. Old save games should continue to work fine however.

If you encounter a game bug, please report it on the official forums following their instructions:
    https://empyriononline.com/forums/bugs.24/

Coop mode is still bugged. You have to run a dedicated server if you want to play multiplayer.

When starting a new dedicated server, set the playfield structure limit for EVERY playfield to 1000 under the PLAYFIELDS tab of EAH if you are using EAH.
    Failure to set this correctly may result in space POIs and some planets not spawning correctly. For more info on using EAH please see:
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/tool-eah-empyrion-admin-helper-v1-48-x.5771/

Instructions for setting up a dedicated server can be found in the description, or ask on the official Empyrion forums or Discord for help.

Multi Solar System:
    The multi solar system tech demo has come to randomized scenarios:
    - This is still considered a tech demo by the game devs, so things will change.
    - Every random scenario generates up to 6 solar systems. This is hard coded.
    - All solar systems generated use the same configuration, so there's not any way to add different types or styles of solar systems.

- I have adjusted the solar system config so it generates less planets per solar system, the planets are more randomized, and the planets are closer together.
    - There will be a longer load time as depending on seed you might get a lot more planets than before.
    - Right now the solar system config is a temporary fix to adjust the scenario to the 11.5 multi solar system generation.
    - Navigation should be a little easier since there are fewer planets per solar system, but until the full multi solar system mechanics are added I can't reduce the size much more than it already is.

Future plans for solar systems:
    Once the multi solar system is fully implemented, here's what I want to do (assuming they add the mechanics to do it):

- Configure different types of solar systems with different types of stars. Yellow Dwarf (sun like) stars might have more temperate planets, while ones like Red Giants or Blue Giants will have more deserts and dead planets. This will allow for a good mix of randomness and consistency and make sure that you have a variety of planets to discover.
    - Each type of star will have its own custom orbits and asteroid fields, so you'll find different things in space depending on star type. Space nebula and sun flares will be consistent (blue for blue giants, yellow or white for sun like stars, etc).
    - Most solar systems will probably have 10-20 planets each, with the starter system having a few more by necessity. This will make navigation much easier.
    - Aiming for a generation of maybe 120 planets or so, with a lot more variations that could generate.

Full Update Notes:

Planets and Moons:

- Added new Crusted Lava planet variation.
    - Added new Plasma planet variation.

Space:

- Adjusted solar system generation to take into account multiple solar systems.
    - Added Luark Station POI to Zirax space POI set.
    - Slightly reduced Drone faction patrol vessels and freighters in Drone space.
    - Added warpable "stars". These are planets that are close to the central star of each solar system, meant to emulate the actual star. Work in progress and more of a proof of concept at the moment.

Misc

- Fixed Abyssal Watchtower structural integrity.

- Special and huge thanks to all the creators of the blueprints used in the new POIs added:
    Spanj, Neurocite, Fractalite, Luke.

Thanks to everyone who has posted feedback or reported issues or gave their support. Especially thanks to everyone streaming Project Eden! Your videos and insights help a lot.

Maris, Cased, Space Beagle and 4 others like this.
  12. dichebach

dichebach Captain

You did a really great job with the "M Hard" swamp planet (it seems the names regen from a random list or something?) Beautiful, rich, dangerous, rugged, weird, and convincingly alien without seeming ridiculous!

Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Can't take credit for that one! It's actually from the default game but isn't used in default survival for some reason.

dichebach likes this.
  14. Wellingtoon

Wellingtoon Commander

Thanks @ravien_ff for single-handedly keeping me playing Empyrion. This scenario, WIP or not, is buckets of fun, with enough variety to keep me constantly entertained despite the 3 steps forward, 2 steps back development of the game itself in the last few weeks.

Cased, dichebach, Germanicus and 2 others like this.
  15. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

A new season is starting for me soon, so I always wanted to play around with more atmosphere settings of planets.
    You poked me then finally to start working on it :D

upload_2019-12-14_11-22-52.png

My inspiration:
    [​IMG]

It took me a bit to figure out the thin shiny circle around the planet. You sneaky genius... always breaking the imagination and limits :D
    Using higher color values than 1, 1, 1, in this case 5, 1, 7 for example gives the proper result ;)

The idea of that PvP Void planet is, that it is a cold dead star with bedrock all over the place. But few, still warm places gives the chance to drill to the hot inner gold mantle...
    upload_2019-12-14_11-27-56.png

Will be interesting if it all works out but just wanted to say thanks! Feels good to dig into planet stuff more again. :cool:

Wellingtoon and ravien_ff like this.
  16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Thank you very much for the kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :D

I can't wait for the proper multi solar systems!

Wellingtoon likes this.
  17. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That looks really cool, mysterious, and dangerous! :D

RexXxuS likes this.
  18. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Didn't notice that someone else was poked too:eek:
    Until now:D.

ravien_ff and RexXxuS like this.
  19. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

This is just great - finally we have real multi-star Project Eden, we binged new Expanse season, and I can not start Empyrion at all :confused: :mad: :rolleyes: :D

... so back to GTA business :oops:

20. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Germanicus and Space Beagle like this.