Project Eden (WIP massive random scenario)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by ravien_ff, Jun 18, 2018.

1. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Alpha 12 experimental is (probably) coming sometime next week!
    See: https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-12-experimental-info.92617/

It will probably take me an extra week to get an experimental version of this scenario posted as a new temporary workshop upload for testing purposes.
    Reminder: this version will be updated to A12 once A12 leaves experimental and goes to the live branch and the temporary test version will be removed. :D

This is the most I've worked at updating the scenario to a new game version. Definitely a lot of work but a ton of fun too. :D

Wellingtoon likes this.
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

So... why you are still posting HERE? Get to work! ;):p

Wellingtoon and krazzykid2006 like this.
  3. I can hear the whip crack from way over here. Haha!

Germanicus likes this.
  4. All joking aside we really do appreciate all you are doing for us @ravien_ff .
    Poor thing probably hasn't had a wink of sleep in weeks. Probably forgot what the outdoors even looks like at this point. Lol.

Wellingtoon and Germanicus like this.
  5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I assume he has one his minions doing the Forum posts... I trust he's far too busy perfecting PE for A12 to idly be chatting here.... ;)

Scoob.

Wellingtoon and krazzykid2006 like this.
  6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Minions? What minions? :D

krazzykid2006 likes this.
  7. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Me, Myself and I :D;)

8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Nope - His Brother;):D

We all know you doing a great Job and we are eager to get our Fingers on it:).

So, enough with the praises - you can now continue;)

9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Just made by me and whoever makes the blueprints I use for some of the POIs off the workshop. :D

RazzleWin and Germanicus like this.
  10. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Should add some minions to the scenario dude, hahaha, name them, all us chumps on the forum.

Create a mission, where we kill the minions hahaha.

Scenario advertisement -

Have you always wanted to hunt the folks on the forum well nows your chance !

We added them as Minions !

Nice plump little minions, easy to splatter on the wall with a T2 shotty LOL !

Minion hunting comes to Empyrion !

We could even run a tally, see what Minion gets hunted the most haha

11. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I believe I know who is on your "special" Target List;):rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Wellingtoon and ravien_ff like this.
  12. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I wont hunt you.
    Promise...

Besides Im old, you would probly just kill me anyhoo.

Fractalite and Germanicus like this.
  13. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

*sigh* Now I am somewhat relieved;)

14. LordDaleus

LordDaleus Ensign

Started off well but twice in a row I've been tossed into space to die and start over, just for trying to get on a motorcycle. Put back the anumals and drones on the beginner planet - at least they just kill you.

15. That's a long standing game bug and has nothing to do with Project Eden.
    You can mitigate it or possibly stop it completely if you have your jetpack activated at all times.
    The best way to prevent it though it to simply get even a basic HV as soon as possible.

If you don't yet have a jetpack and don't have the resources for a basic HV yet then you can also lessen it by stopping once you approach the motorbike for a second before getting on it. It seems to happen more frequently when you are running up as you get on.
    If the motorbike flips over then it's simply a gamble what will happen when you get off, sadly.

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Give me a week or two to get an experimental version up. :D

Wellingtoon likes this.
  17. Ravlain

Ravlain Lieutenant

Hopefully by then they'll have done something about performance, currently unplayable for me :(

ravien_ff likes this.
  18. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It's gotta be a technical problem. Seems a lot of people are having performance problems in A12 (mostly AMD video cards it looks like).
    I'm sure they'll get it sorted out.

19. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

To give a sneak peak at what you can expect in the A12 update for the scenario.
    Hidden behind a spoiler for anyone who doesn't want spoilers:

Note: some of this is still a work in progress and needs touching up before I put out the update. These aren't the final update notes, just a preview.

20200315142806_1.jpg
    - Incorporation of all the new features, planets, POIs, missions, factions, etc of the default game into the scenario.
    - Adapted custom content of the scenario to the new game mechanics.

20200324035223_1.jpg
    (Red Dwarf star seen from a Desert planet)

- Full use of the galaxy generator with custom solar system configs for each star type.
    - Star systems are generally classified into 4 tiers: normal, cold, hot, and exotic. Similar to how the current scenario is split up into middle, inner, and outer solar systems.
    - Some planets are more common or rare around certain stars. Won't find temperate planets around a blue giant. :D
    - Erestrum usually around cold stars, zascosium usually around hot stars.
    - Space content, nebula, music etc is split among normal, cold, hot, and exotic star systems as well, being similar to the middle, inner, and outer solar system space content in A11. . (Some space playfields cannot be customized yet, so there will be some inconsistency with for example gas giant orbits and sun warp arrival points not having the correct nebula).

- A12 makes it so you discover all planets in a solar system when you first warp to it, and you can generally warp from any planet to any other planet within a solar system. No more trying to plot a route through dozens of warp lines to find the right way back home!
    - Each individual solar system is a lot smaller than it used to be too, having a handful to maybe a dozen planets each. Much easier to navigate. Starter system has a couple dozen planets by necessity to make sure you can get the resources you need.
    - New random sector POIs: Combat, Exploration, and Mining. You won't know what exactly is there until you warp to them. Just to add a bit of content to find in the galaxy.

- New starting planets (will definitely need balancing over the duration of experimental).
    - New planets and moons.

- The custom PDA needs to be completely rewritten (I was planning on it anyway) so for now there won't be much of a custom PDA. Any new default missions in A12 will still be there.

20200401173506_1.jpg
    (New research mission)

20200326032101_1.jpg
    (A warlord hides behind his minions)

- There are several missions added using tokens and dialog. The very beginning of adding more storyline and end game content. The Dr Weston story isn't going to be continued this update because it was only recently that the PDA and dialog/token systems were fully updated and I wanted to wait to continue this mission series until the tools were put into the game to do it justice. Now I can hopefully make it really cool, but it'll have to wait until the next update to the scenario which will focus a lot on story and missions.

- A lot of little updates to various POIs. Some texturing, etc.
    20200229002130_1.jpg
    (Lobby of touched up UCH Research ships)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    Welderold, Wellingtoon, Kaz and 2 others like this.
  20. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

@Germanicus smuggler outposts and such are now Pirate faction. :D