Project Eden (WIP massive random scenario)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by ravien_ff, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi,

Sorry, another post from me...

Not sure if this is Vanilla PE or Reforged changes, however, I've gone to Moon 1 of the Alien planet and am near the three Titan sections and my game crashes constantly, every two minutes. I can reload, losing a minute or two's play, but it'll crash again soon after.

I did a verify files which said it updated nine files, but these appear to be PE files - downloads in Steam said workshop content 0 / 0 bytes downloaded - so I'm not sure what's going on. Game still crashes every minute or two after whatever Steam updated.

Empyrion crashes are virtually non-existent for me usually.

Scoob.

2. xtended2l

xtended2l Commander

Hi,

I have a very strange issue with almost all traders. All traders except my starter planet, show me empty dialogue box. There is an error when I check the console:

[​IMG]

I think it is because of me, when the game was updated to 1.3 I started new dedicated server using 1.2 version of the PE. Yeah I am impatient like 6 y.o. The mod was updated to 1.3 after a while. I downloaded it, deleted all files in my "Scenarios\Reforged Eden" folder and copied new files. Actually we have no other issues. Is there any way to fix it, without wiping our savegame?

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Update the scenario again and that should fix it. That issue was fixed. :D

xtended2l likes this.
  4. xtended2l

xtended2l Commander

Yeah it worked! It seems I was stuck somewhere in the middle lol
    Thanks ravien_ff! You guys are the best! :)

Edit: That console in the background still gives me an error GIN_Console_Initialize. It is not a big deal tbh, just curious what's that?

5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That's for the new tokens added to the default missions in 1.3. I'm not even sure you can get those missions in Reforged Eden (Project Eden should work just fine though).

6. xtended2l

xtended2l Commander

So.. It is an issue of Reforged Galaxy? And sorry for the dumb question, but who is responsible for Reforged Eden? I mean who is merging two mods into one?

P.S. I am too lazy to check all 3 scenarios for the same bug tbh. That's why I am asking :)

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Reforged Galaxy is missing the GIN dialog entries. But since Reforged Galaxy also doesn't even use those tokens at the moment, it wouldn't do anything even if you could access them.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Commander

Having a lot of trouble (Read: impossible) to survive at all on the PE/RE starter dead planet with high temperature/radiation impact turned on. There is no way to cure the inevitable frostbite. I know this is supposed to be very difficult, but there should be some way, somewhere, to treat this once you leave the comfort of the start building. :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  9. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Be fast, use anti Rad shots, look for those "starter"-Bases which are around the Facility. As soon as you found one, use a MultiTool which you may have gathered from Crates at this point and exchange a BED against a Shower.
    It's ... manageable... after a fashion.;)(and several deaths)

xerxes86 and Space Ghost like this.
  10. Astrée

Astrée Lieutenant

You mean purgatory, dread, or rogue planet ?
    And yes, like @Germanicus said, get a bed asap and convert it into a shower. I've made it all on RE until escape without even building an airtight room, without any death, always staying outside, just with a shower ready to use, and using it as often as possible. Later on, when roaming around the planet, always have a core and a shower with you to put it down when needed.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    Space Ghost and Germanicus like this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Commander

Purgatory. Thanks for the tip folks. Being a survival game, I like to avoid death at the start especially. I have a rule that until I have a core down, death means restart. Just how I roll. ;-)

Germanicus likes this.
  12. Russell

Russell Commander

Just went thru the Ancient Temple on the Swamp Planet. Found my way to the ultra rare container. However, one thing puzzles me... there is a plaque which states "If you reach the end of the road, let your eyes search for the sky". It seems like a clue, but it wasn't required. Also, is it a movie reference? Can anyone explain the reference if there is one, or if it is a clue, what is supposed to indicate. I know there is more than 1 iteration of the Ancient Temple, so maybe it is not significant in all of them.

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That's a default game POI. I wouldn't know. :D

Russell likes this.
  14. Russell

Russell Commander

Thanks for quick response. Reposted in the general forum to see if I can get a bite.

15. byo13

byo13 Captain

@ravien_ff, how do I mine magmacite formations?
    The description states it's hard but how hard is it? :D
    I have T2 laser drills and they don't even seem to scratch them.

16. xerxes86

xerxes86 Commander

Is it really worth trying? The way vehicles merge with the ground, base, CV, or whatever they are parked on, makes this game not worth the trouble. This has been a bug for long time without any attempt to fix it. It's not worth trying mine any ore, if the vehicles you build with them are just so much trash in a little while.

17. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That's a game issue and nothing to do with the scenario.

Next update they should be easier to mine and also drop other goodies too. :D

Wellingtoon and byo13 like this.
  18. xerxes86

xerxes86 Commander

It's still in your scenario, part of the game, part of your scenario.

19. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Vanilla game issues should be discussed in another thread. Won't do any good to talk about them here. Please stay on topic. This is about project Eden.

Wellingtoon likes this.
  20. byo13

byo13 Captain

Oooh, Can't wait. :)