PvP HV duo's event (friday 24 @ 20:00)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Furious Hellfire, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

PvP Event: Pirates of the galaxian (Duo's HV boat combat)
    Playfield: size 2 temperate flooded
    Playtime: 30-60 minutes
    Player limit: 20 10 x 2

The world is flooded over and all that remains are the desperate few strong enough to have survived on the water with what remains of the planets nautical facilities.
    They fight each other in teams of 2 for the remaining supplies and survival.

ENTRY:
    If you want to join then reply here I will send you the server details on the day.
    When you enter the server you will land at a public gathering facility with other players.
    Here players can be organised into teams of 2 who can then make a clan for their respective teams.

At 10 minutes past the hour, the portals will be opened and the players will be sent through in teams of 2 to collect their vessels and equipment.

To be ready a player needs to take their starting equipment from the storage provided.
    take the helm of a vessel, then set this vessel to the clan the player is attached to, power on the thrusters with CP switches provided, reload the weapons..

VESSELS & EQUIPMENT:
    Each team will find their start point has 2 vessels.
    A larger slower boat with 1 single artillery turret
    A smaller faster boat with 2 gatling guns
    your team can use 1 or both of the vessels, its up to you.
    Each player also starts with assault rifle, sniper, rocket launcher as well as starting ammo food rations and medical supplies.

BATTLE START
    Once the battle has started all players will be expected to sail around this tiny water planet hunting each other down using the vessels weapons and the player weapons made available at the start.

REPAIRS
    Each player has a multitool and you can salvage spare parts from enemy ships.

EXPECTED PLAY
    All players will be riding boats at 0.80 hover height on water only and not allowed to touch any dry land you might find.
    Your vessel mounted gatling guns should be able to damage enemy vessels in a chase.
    Your larger vessel's artillery turret will inflict very punishing damage if you can land a hit on the faster smaller vessels and should be a fun play with a large v large ship battle.

If your sharp enough you can stop your vessel and shoot with your rocket launcher and other projectile weapons.

I forsee small arms fire exchanges between boat users as well as the vessel weapons being used.
    If you can get close enough to an enemy ship to jump aboard it and kill the occupants, you may do so.
    You may salvage components from enemy ships by destroying the core, if there is enough of the ship left you can take the whole ship ! loot your opponents backpacks for further supplies.

There will also be a semi sunken cruise ship on the map.
    Players who find this can board it and use it as safety/cover, look for loot on board.
    Might have some interesting foot battles aboard that thing.

when you die, you are out until the next round and must return to the start platform or just log off if you dont want to wait around.

The game is over when 1 team remains.
    After 45 minutes of play from the moment the battle was started. if the game is not yet over, I will call all remaining players to converge onto a marked map location, probably the cruise ship in order to draw you all in together to close the battle :)

General Rules

-When dead, you MUST use the safe return option.

-NO auto targetting of the artillery turret.

-Vessels can not be modified except to replace missing parts.

PERFORMANCE DISCLAIMER:

For the event, the server will only be hosting a 1 planet scenario (aside from the moon).
    Our pvp planet will abide the following criteria.
    - Resources removed
    - Fauna/Creature spawn removed
    - POI removed
    - Drone base/drones removed
    - Indestructibale terrain

If we have any performance issues on my host, even though extreme measures were taken to give a smoothest possible playfield experience for this event, I will probably rent a 20 slot level 2 nitrado for future events.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  2. Furious Hellfire

222.png

3. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

I try to be there - it's 9PM for me then I guess.
    You can send me a PM shortly before.

Looks fun

Furious Hellfire likes this.
  4. Furious Hellfire

Thanks bro but it looks like me and you will be the only 2 players at this rate haha.
    That wont stop me from running the event though.

If its just me and you we will play it slightly different, after death we can go through portal to one of the unused fresh docks and take another boat, and have say 3-5 lives each.
    Otherwise a round will be over potentially in a couple of minutes.

if we could get at least 6 players, that should be good for a proper round.

I honestly thought these PvP opportunities would be welcomed ^-^
    Especially the other SV battle, that should be hot stuff right there in a community that claims to contain pvp fighters.

It is a shame also because I would have depended on all their input to make other ideas and better the ones I have.
    I am pretty open to ideas like that, well you have to be to have organised as many community battles as I have in the past ;)

I guess these battles are way too HARDCORE for what an Empyrion player considers pvp XD
    I apologise to all EGS players, it was not my intent to scare you all way with legitimate PvP experience.

I may construct another event where everyone can fly around in an PvE sv chicken and peck each other and lay eggs instead to build a farm...