Q: How to make a blueprint that can spawn as a DroneBase?

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Thundercraft, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

I'm really hoping to find a way to create a custom blueprint with which I can use the Console Command "aimanager adddronebase" to get the game to spawn it as an enemy drone base. But, despite my trial and error attempts, I have yet to figure out the requirements that need to be met in order for this to happen.

When I type the command "aimanager adddronebase l" (or the shorthand "aim adb l"), get the following:
    I've already changed a custom blueprint (named "Trinity") such that - at least technically - it now belongs to the group "DroneBaseT1". This blueprint appears in my blueprint menu as belonging to this group. However, typing "aim adb l" still only shows the default 0 through 6 DroneBaseT1 choices. My custom "Trinity" does not show up. Also, typing "aim adb Trinity" will result in this error message:
    I figured that this might be due to the fact that my Trinity blueprint still had a Player Core as the core. So, I went into Creative, removed the Player Core and put an NPC Core in it's place. Then I saved it, overwriting the old blueprint.

Still, typing "aim adb l" still only shows the default 0 through 6 DroneBaseT1 choices. And typing "aim adb Trinity" still gives the "Trinity UNKNOWN" error.

Q: How can I make a custom blueprint show up in the "aim adb l" list or, at the least, make it spawn as an enemy base? Am I supposed to use some sort of command to modify the base so that the game knows that it belongs to a certain faction, such as the Zirax? If so, can someone please tell me how to do this? It would be greatly appreciated!

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Try this. Might work.

Copy the .epb file for your blueprint (located under Empyrion - Galactic Survival/Saves/Blueprints) and place it into the Empyrion - Galactic Survival/Content/Prefabs folder.

Remember to copy the actual .epb file, not the whole folder.

Thundercraft likes this.
  3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Also make sure that your drone base has a drone spawner block on it somewhere so it can spawn drones. The core should be an NPC core, like you did.

Thundercraft likes this.
  4. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Have you made it to work?
    5 years have passed since. Has the AImanager ever been extended to allow spawning personal blueprints in active mode other than drone bases?

5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

POIs need to be spawned via the playfield files.

6. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Thanks. This means the trick above wasn't going to work?

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can manually spawn a poi blueprint and change the faction on it, but it's going to miss certain features such as drones.

8. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Yes, I have now done some testing and have successfully spawned a dronebase planetside in custom scenario and set its faction to Zirax, a territory part was set and drone base attacks occur. But I think what OP wanted was to spawn whatever POI, not just a dronebase. I do this by switching to creative with changemode command, I can mod the POI, set its faction and then change to survival again, works fine for me.

I also have done this in space for patrol ships with the
    aimanager addvessel [groupname]
    and it works fine, minor problem is you don't have control over the exact coordinates, it spawns directly above you and will be set to Zirax and I got attacked immediately :) So or you must set the rep of Zirax to neutral or go in 'gm iv' together with map teleport out of your ship to spawn what you want without being attacked. But it then works fine. I think i can setup some nice faction wars planetside and in space, and also get some training or info on specific ships that seem impossible to defeat or such.

It's remarkable that you now can do it without messing with the playfield files too much.