Quarior's template

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by Quarior, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Quarior

Quarior Commander

Here is my thread for my templates.
    Terra Azeroth MoonTemperateOcean.zip :
    Ready to use like a scenario for test (but need some edit, I made ReadMe.txt for what you do).
    Terra : TemperateStarter but with stamps for part of the Earth.
    Terra in SSG.png
    Azeroth : TemperateStarter but with stamps of Azeroth from the game World of Warcraft.
    Azeroth in SSG.png
    MoonTemperateOcean : Temperate template but for use like a moon and have a large ratio of ocean.
    MoonTemperateOcean in SSG.png
    PS : If you find to fix the number of stamps and also how to export a playfield with a Fixed Terrain, thank in advance.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    ravien_ff likes this.
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That's pretty cool!

Are other people able to see the custom stamps? When I tried to make my own custom stamps the stamps didn't show up in game unless I had them in empyrion's stamp folder at the same time.

3. Quarior

Quarior Commander

Do you edit also files like GroundShapes.txt to declare of stamps and their properties ? I made a ReadMe.txt in the zip file so maybe is helpful.
    Also maybe you have put a probability little so maybe is normal. For example, I put little probability for islands for have more luck for continents to spawn and with ~30 seeds tested, I don’t see island stamp appear. By default if you don’t put probability, it is 1 (100%).
    Also same is appear (if you check in SSG), maybe is difficult to find it on the map (SSG and in game).
    For final if is heightmap (and maybe other type of stamps ?), don’t forget to save on greyscale mode and in png or raw formats.
    Have a nice day.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I got custom stamps to work for my own use but cannot share them in a scenario or without people having to edit their stamps database file. I was wondering if you had found a way around that or not.

5. Quarior

Quarior Commander

Ah, not sorry :( . I hope in a new update is support this and also files .png and .raw.
    Also, is normal the seed in SSG for have a preview of the planet with the same size class doesn’t have the same result (minimum shape of the terrain) like in game or the planet have a sifflent seed of the game seed ?
    Edit : I found, is because isn't the same seed between general and planet seed.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  6. Quarior

Quarior Commander

With this scenario by cgw, I edit a little and apply real terrain on the planets/moons.
    You need to edit Content\Stamps\.StampDatabase.txt with the content of Stamps\SolarSystem.StandDatabase.txt (start to line 5) and paste all images files in Stamps folders, because for the moment, custom stamps isn't allow.
    preview.jpg
    Download here
    Note : For the Earth, the climate isn't the same at 100%. You can imagine the climate of the Earth will have change :) .

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  7. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Would love to see you make this as a SP starter zone in the vanilla or Eden scenario!