RED vs BLUE: Weekly PvP, Massive Battles, and more! All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Slam Jones, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Red or Blue?

1. Red!

49.2%
  2. Blue!

50.8%
  1. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

U wot m8????

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, Earth-clan? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Specter Academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids in Batarian space, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire Alliance. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in the galaxy, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Extranet? Think again, Earth-clan. As we speak I am contacting the Shadow Broker and his secret network of spies across the galaxy and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, vorcha. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Specters and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the galaxy, you little ****. If only you could have known what retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, Earth-clan.
    Copy pasta ftw

Blue team! FOOORRRRRR THE PIIIZZZAAAAAAAA!

Tyrax Lightning and Furian like this.
  2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

what?

We probably wont make it again this sunday depending on when Alpha is released live to public, we wery busy chasing Empyrion cockroaches !

SWS is also on the test version so wont be here on sunday either at this stage.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Heh, well I'm trained in Chimpanzee AND Rhinoceros warfare!

You haven't been ambushed until you've had feces thrown on you, then get run down by a rampaging beast. Especially when it's the same animal!

Yeah, the zoos didn't like me much after training...

They didn't even let me come back for guerilla (not gorilla) training :(

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  4. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

Yeah everyone always points that one out xD which is part of what makes it a fun copy pasta

Tyrax Lightning and Slam Jones like this.
  5. Furian

Furian Captain

*rolls his eyes*

Should that pathetic little outburst put fear in me? should it make me shiver?
    Try harder, now I know what you got in your mouth - a big pile of nothing.
    I don't scare, not at all - fear is why I was born, intimidation how I was raised, war how i live.

You contact and rely on your dear little Shadow Broker's intel - best of luck with that, a guy who can't tell the difference between Kerchkoffs principle and a substitution system - he couldn't track down his own sister if he wanted to - to be accurate I'm the only one who knows where she is, what a mighty fine specimen she is.

I look forward to the day where you look me up - but if u take to long I'll come knocking on your door.
    The fact that you call me Earth-clan just makes it obvious, your intel is incorrect, you try to catch my tounge while I stuff your eyes in the feeding bowl for my pet scorpion. might use your tongue to wipe back up your eyes when she pukes.

cya soon.

btw you don't mind if i take a bite to eat while i wait do ya.

6. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Hey @Brokenshakles - are we going to need the dry docks for building CVs in Alpha? I feel like you mentioned something like that...

Are there are requirements for them? Any certain size/shape/facilities required?

7. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

It was a suggestion of mine, but things are nowhere near that far along yet, thats more a late alpha thing if it happens. I would like for us to start designing drydock facilities, and I intend to mod them in if they are not included stock. We have a good number of ships now, but we have almost no space station concepts. I would like this to change for world building reasons as well.

8. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Right on, I've been drawing up various concepts (including stations) but haven't gotten down to building em yet. I think the hardest part is building something that most ships would be able to use... they can all be so radically different in shape and size.

9. Brokenshakles

Yea, all ships are measured in block dimensions on their orthogonal sides, so a shipyard will have to basically be an empty box or scaffolding able to contain the finished ship and an opening large enough to launch it. I could see drydocks being an external attachment that operates from a pylon.

10. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Fixed.

Also, I like how you're totally letting your Enemy get to ya... nice Tactics there. :p

What's "SWS"? :confused:

Whoa dude, that's a little below the belt... & this is a MERC tellin ya this, so that's sayin somethin. :eek:

Furian likes this.
  11. Furian

Furian Captain

Yeah I know... But's what's a former merc gonna do :p
    Red Faction hired me for one reason - I'm a war hungry, self sustaining maniac - also a bit more crazy than your normal merc.
    (just look at the last orbital fight against blue, who kept going even when he where alone and the odds were 2 to 1? No one else than the crazy ass Furian in his prototype ship. And I wasn't about to give up. had plenty of everything left (I come armed as an entire battalion) Actually I got disappointed in red team's leader when he called the team back. disappointed enough to almost turn around at shoot him down to revoke his orders, but instead chose to look past it - this one time)

that's the kind of crazy warmonger Red Team's hired into their midst - uncontrollable fury - unless you spoil it. ;)

the reason to join red was clear: They gave me an offer I couldn't resist - endless possibilities to ravage those blue little thingy's, with an entire team that is.

note:
    ohh and btw, my imagination tend to spin out of control and get the best of me, must be one of the reasons why my kids love to see me play sometimes :)

12. Tyrax Lightning

Now that Alpha Release Date is known, might be a good idea to plan the Transition between Pre-Alpha & Alpha with it in mind. ;)

13. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

Yeah, I'm not building anything major at the moment except for orbital facilities which will be spawned in when the server wipes. I have designs ready to be made but they are going to wait til the wipe.

Tyrax Lightning and Furian like this.
  14. Tyrax Lightning

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Concrete will revolutionize PvP Base Warfare forever...? I'm still thinking for any non-temporary Base, i'll Concrete for everything inside & give the Base a Hardened Steel or Armor Plated 'Shell', then I can have Armor & HPs for my Bases! The 'Shell' is mostly so my Base Outside won't be susceptible to stray small arms fire, & so that my Base can't be Penetrated by only a mere T1 Pistol from any fresh Escape Pod dude/dudette. :p I'm leaning toward Reinforced Steel Shell since it seems like it'll have more Armor then the Armor Plates, but we'll see after Alpha hits & I get to see all the Changes. (IMHO now Armor Plates can also use a T2 Version.)

15. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

I hope we'll get steel-reinforced concrete.

16. Brokenshakles

Hey everyone! Big announcement!

I know everyone here is a little dissapointed that we are not doing events until the alpha, but that is because behind the scenes, something very important has been in the works:

NewRvBServer..jpg

That's right! The RvB server will now be hosted from a new rackmount server in Austin, TX! This will dramatically reduce operating costs, increase server resource availability, and give everyone in America, Austrialia, and Europe significantly better pings. The switchover will happen on the 1st, a week before the alpha goes public, so sit tight! I have also been working closely with the devs to test the new release to insure that it is the highest quality possible when it gets to you.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  17. Tyrax Lightning

Wow... that looks Fancy Schmancy! Does this mean you are the Server Admin & theoretically ya could Mute Slam for 15 Minutes for 'Excessive use of Caps' or such at a time in a PvP Battle that could be rather 'convenient' for Blue? :p ;) (Yeah right, like ya'd ever do such a thing.)

Makes me wonder if I should consider 'helping' test this during this next Week if my Dad doesn't drag me off to help him anywhere...? Eleon Test Server not cuttin it for me anymore now that I know it's impossible to get a Minigun built there cause Neodymium is extinct there now.

Slam Jones likes this.
  18. N99024

N99024 Captain

Dear god its bad enough having it near the beginning of april, but the first always gets me on edge.

19. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

SWS is Steven, steam name is SWS.
    We wont be back till the 8th of April when Alpha goes live, then, we come in peace shoot to kill!

20. Tyrax Lightning

Wait a minute... I just remembered what April 1st is... Incoming April Fools joke...? *Glares suspiciously* :p

Edit: Dammit! I just noticed April 1st is ALSO a Friday just like April 8th for the Alpha Release... so again, high chance of Dad bein here & screwing my time availability over... :(

Edit 2: WOOT!!! Not only is my New Computer Parts on the way, (ETA April 4th & 5th then Assembly time, then unsure yet if i'll need a couple Cables to have to wait on & such, then getting stuff transferred between Computers, yada yada yada...) but it's lookin like I MIGHT be available to help 'test' the new Servering this weekend, knock on Wood! :) Here's to hopin my Performance on the Server is at least comparable to what it was on the Eleon Test Server. Plus since a Wipe is incoming anyway, hopefully it won't be a big deal if I accidentally derp stuff up for the BMTs.

Edit 3: Curiosity... now that Alpha will bring a second Temperate Planet, will the 2 Main Factions each take one, or stick to their guns with their current Home Worlds? (I assume formerly the prior single Temperate Planet only was the reason it wasn't a Home World before, cause one side having it & the other not woulda been unfair.)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016