RED vs BLUE: Weekly PvP, Massive Battles, and more! All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Slam Jones, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Red or Blue?

1. Red!

49.2%
  2. Blue!

50.8%
  1. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

*ANNOUNCEMENT*

The RvB server will be going down for four days prior to the alpha release to undergo final transfer, once it comes back up the wipe will be complete and RvB will resume again.

EDIT: This means get your data out by the 4th of April, 2016, and we will be back 8th of April, 2016.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Furian and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Brokenshakles

If you have any bluerprints to save, log on and save them now, I am not responsible for preserving your work.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

I believe I have blueprints of all my important stuff, so I should be good. Hope everyone else is in the same boat and/or able to get in in time! :)

4. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Once Alpha hits i'm gonna blow up all my old obsolete BPs. Out with the old, in with the new. :p

Edit: I just tried to get on the Red vs Blue Server for the first time just so I could at least say "I come forth!", but I couldn't. I'm on 5.3 & the Server's still on 5.2. Might wanna rectify this. ;)

Edit 2: Woohoo! Can get onto the Server now, but Trading Post to join BMT is impossible to select! How do I BMT? :confused: (Also why does the game give ya no way in hell to back out of Start Location & force ya to Emergency Task Manager Close the game to avoid starting in the wrong place?)

Edit 3: RvB Server Game Version issue rectified. I've hopped onto it curious at what my FPS & such would be like compared to the Eleon Test Server, & how effective Player Turrets are in PvP, & found I run on the RvB Server even better then on the Eleon Test Server! Also that the Turrets do a bang up job at dealing with aiming at single dudes. :p

I can only imagine how much better the incoming better RvB Server will fare for me. For Memory Aid, on the old RvB Server I averaged 22ish FPS, which is better then the Eleon Test Server average of 18ish FPS, plus on the RvB Server it's not mega laggy & crawling slow for the first minutish after logging in. :)

Also, memory aid to myself: Brown Mushrooms suck & FINALLY explain why Stomach Pills bother to deign to exist. Damned if I know why I even tried to eat one of the damn things, I hate the HELL outta Mushrooms IRL, so I shoulda known Mushrooms in this Game would also have no right at all to call themselves a food. :p

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Slam Jones likes this.
  5. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

Right now I've been working on local games in creative, Brokenshakles is busy migrating the data right now etc and the existing server will probably be down in a day or two. The new server should be up by the time Alpha is out though.

Why bother with mushrooms when you have BURGERS and PIZZA? Cheese is almost as abundant on Ningues as shrooms ya know.

6. Tyrax Lightning

Cause I had only just set down, had no Base to my name yet, temp or otherwise, & was quite frankly only just screwing around. :p (Would a person seriously playing ever traipse around Base Turrets of other Players with no damn given to the consequences?)

Edit: DOH!!! Something stupid happened with Payment on 4 of my Computer Parts & the Issue has to get fixed. My New Build completion's gonna get delayed a bit now. >_<

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  7. Brokenshakles

Good News everyone! The new server has been brought online and is now functional. Customization will ensure for the next few days, we are on track for the alpha release.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  8. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

You're welcome to use the facilities at MechsiCo if someone can get you into the faction. To keep Slam and his amateur Red spies out, my turrets will shoot all non-BNS entities. Or if you can log in at the same time as me, I can at least help get you started.

Also, I have decided to remain affiliated with Blue, at least immediately after the wipe for Alpha. There are several projects in that release I want to work on that are dedicated to Blue.

9. Tyrax Lightning

Much obliged, considering how inactive BMT itself seems to be anymore. I'll initiate full start on the Server Post-Alpha Release & work on Establishing myself, & perhaps see if I can get BMT's stuff booted up... or if I can't, I may need the temp assistance to get up & running enough to eventually be able to survive for awhile while I rebuild BMT Power at the Trading Post... if Post-Alpha, Trading Post is still the BMT Home Base. Perhaps in exchange a bit farther down the road I can repay your kindness with some Resource Tithes from time to time till i'm repaid up. I don't fear hard Mining work. :)

Plus I didn't really care about getting attacked by the Turrets. I provoked them on purpose cause it was a excellent opportunity to find out what they could do by being on the wrong end of them & seeing for myself while it was a Dummy Start in a Dummy Trip anyway. It's just a shame I wasn't able to ID what Turrets were shooting at me & analyze my results effectively, but couldn't be helped. :) (Especially curious if any of them were Flaks, though not lookin likely cause I was not getting shot at after bout 500ish Meters & Flaks bench press 850M of Range minus Atmospheric Interference. I would think PvP would be the one place that kinda Range would be especially desirable...)

On a related note, i'm still trying to plot & scheme up ideas for my new Creation Designs for use in Post-Alpha, including my Merc Stuff. Shame I don't already have access to Alpha Stuff now ahead of its Release in Creative Mode to try to design stuff up & BP, but alas I understand why such a thing wouldn't be feasible.

Speakin of BMTs & Factions in General, now that there are gonna be 2 Temperate Planets, will Red & Blue take one each or stick to their current Home Worlds? IMHO Full Wipe's as good a time as any to ponder a change of scenery. ;)

I have yet to visit the Trading Post in-game at all... what's it like, including Resource Availability-wise?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  10. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

With Alpha you no longer have to have Red/Blue. 32 colors/Colours. Lol

11. Tyrax Lightning

I dare ya to get between those 2 Factions & try tellin them that, i'm sure that'll cure their animosity toward each other right up. :p (Make sure to Vid this, I wanna laugh at ya as they both fire on ya & blow ya up. :p)

12. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

Usually a station or two spawns in there, but there is nothing other than Sathium. There are several asteroids with it, but there are no other resources.

13. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

np

14. Tyrax Lightning

& the BMTs are supposed to be self sufficient here, how...? o_O

Can I go ahead & sign up for the BMT Faction officially on here, then immediately after, make a formal request for a BETTER Home World for the BMT Faction for Post-Alpha Release? If Post-Alpha, each of ya two take one of the Temperate Planets, maybe the BMTs could have Omicron? I'd even be willing to challenge Aestus as a Home World if it wasn't deficient in Base Resources, like Iron... & if I could be sure I could find & Base around a Slime Patch to sustain off of without taking too long to find it after crashing down. (Especially when it seems like NO ONE likes Aestus except me, so I bet us BMTs would never have to worry about Territory Contestation. :D)

15. Brokenshakles

*ANNOUNCEMENT*

Hello RvB people! I understand there is some apprehension regarding the server wipe, so I thought I might divulge some details while you wait.

First off, we will not be using the stock solar system map for our next phase of development. Instead, we will be using a map based on a standard three-lane DOTA layout, with red and blue being in the "corners" of the solar system, and the neutral faction having a pve area near the center. It is planned to have a complete (but low volume) selection of ores in each home area. Overall resource distribution will have a gradient of resource availability, with sparse amounts of resources near the home systems, and more of the system resources near the center of the board. I'm hoping that this relatively standard pvp layout will ease new players into our server more readily, and let people get started attacking and defending more quickly with less of a learning curve. It will also allow for easier combat balancing one game modding becomes an option.

Once I get the details ironed out, I will have a png of the map posted with labels, as I intend for the next phase of our game to be information-complete for all of our players in regard to the terrain.

16. Tyrax Lightning

Wow, that sounds mighty interesting, especially cause I can understand what ya mean by this cause i'm a Heroes of the Storm player. :D

This mean us BMTs will be kinda like a Player-Controlled Map Objective to be captured/bargained with for extra 'Pushing Power'? XD (Especially when i'm plenty good at pushing till I get myself killed. :p)

17. Brokenshakles

Also, Black Market Traders will be renamed: Grey Market Traders.

18. Tyrax Lightning

That works too as long as I can Paint my stuff however I want. :)

19. Brokenshakles

If you fly our colors without our permission we are going to shoot you. I'm pretty sure Slam feels the same way. :p

Tyrax Lightning and MechPilot524 like this.
  20. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Well, Tyrax has stated before that cobalt blue is his favorite color, so I don't think I have to worry about him painting his ships red ;)