RED vs BLUE: Weekly PvP, Massive Battles, and more! All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Slam Jones, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Red or Blue?

1. Red!

49.2%
  2. Blue!

50.8%
  1. Furian

Furian Captain

you can't anything but love shakles, he fought hard, and convinced me to at least give it a try.... well. lets go

Tyrax Lightning and Slam Jones like this.
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

It'd suck to lose ya Furian. Many thanks for staying with us! ^_^

I'm seriously amazed at what my new Graphics Card can do. It's running Minecraft at Render Distance of 16 Chunks! (At 32 Chunks it takes over 10 seconds for a Mined Item to Update, drop the Block, then have the Block actually pick up.) Also I seriously have no clue how my New Computer is running normal Minecraft without Java even being Installed on this thing... does this mean I don't even need to bother Installing Java let alone Java 64-bit onto this dude? Between this & my Graphics Card sticking 2650x1600 Res onto my 1920x1200 Res Monitor somehow i'm starting to wonder if this Graphics Cards runs on Computer Black Magic... it's epic! It also came with something called "Raptr" & "Plays.tv" that somehow seem to be for Game Playing Optimization & Game Recording respectively, both that i've made Accounts on now & seem to need to get the hang of. Plays.tv seems to keep starting & stopping itself automatically & I need to get the hang of operating their Interfaces as well cause Plays.tv might also do Vid Editing... Initial Impression, Plays.tv seems to run epicly in addition to my Webcam Mic, but noises made by me & maybe game sound as well seems to have a tad of Echo to it... not sure how to deal with this yet since i'm so new to all this, plus it's a miracle i'm even getting to do even preliminary work on this cause Dad seems to be actually LETTING me work on this instead of help him with stuff... the Mercy is godly... ^_^ (Might pay for this dearly tomorrow, but better then instead of now since the Overwatch Beta Stress Test Weekend will be over tomorrow & by the time I ever get to Empyrion Alpha maybe i'll miss out on getting affected by some rather big Issues.)

Speakin of which, I think the afore-mentioned Overwatch Beta Stress Test Weekend ends this evening so later tonight I might be able to sneak on the Red vs Blue Server after Dad goes to Bed. :D (I'd like to at least come forth on there & maybe at least begin Establishing myself... & test how well my Graphics Card, CPU, & RAM work on there.)

Slam Jones likes this.
  3. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Heh, I'd expect nothing less from a $350 graphics card ;)

AMD Raptr is decent, but in my experience, it did NOT play nicely with Empyrion. In fact, it would often freeze Empyrion at the load screen. However, this may have been patched and/or not be an issue on your card. Besides that, though, Raptr is pretty decent.

I've never used Plays.Tv, though I think my GPU came with it too. I'm not one for streaming, so it wasn't something I ever looked into. But hey, if it works for you, then waesome :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

I have much playing with them in the days to come to find out how to use them, what I can use them for, & if it's worth using them. :) I hope they work well though since I can kiss the W10 Integrated Game Recorder goodbye as an option.

Edit: My first Test Plays.tv Vid Uploaded to it. (Though not the first one made.) http://plays.tv/video/5712b46120f0962473/my-first-plays-tv-vid-being-shared-trying-figure-thing-out- (The Plays.tv Site might wanna cool it on the Popup use...)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    Slam Jones likes this.
  5. Furian

Furian Captain

heh thanks, sry for the mental breakdown - really, it's awesome to have guy's like shakles in control, and slam as his sidekick. they do an amazing job. And they are truly supportive, they don't just say "suck it up" or something like that - they look for a solution that's beneficial for all.

regarding raptor and plays.tv - I'e been using it for 5 years - plays.tv works pretty good (easy to set up) with recording, their twitch function is non usable - raptor: the optimisation works decent with empyrion, but actually, for the best preformance and gameplay, shut it off.

6. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

***ALERT***

A new Alpha bug is corrupting planetary playfields, forcing wipes. I apologize to anyone who loses work to this, I am working with the devs to get this taken care of ASAP. Please bear with me, and for the love of the space squid, BP EVERYTHING AS YOU GO. I can give you back items you lose easy, but I cant redo your structures for you. If you suffer any losses because of this, let me know and I will do everything I can to get you back squared away. Slam and WarMachine can also spawn replacement materials if they are on.

Rayah, Furian and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

I set up a resupply base on Danube after the reset, that should get people back on their feet.

8. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

Shadowplay is the big thing that drove me onto Green Team. It's almost perfect, orders of magnitude greater than Raptr.

9. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Pyrite has been struck asunder yet again by this bug. Hoping for a patch in the next few days...

I've never used Shadowplay, but I've only ever heard good things about it. They've definitely got the tech figured out, that's for sure.

10. Tyrax Lightning

How do I do this exactly? Cause after reading this, I dunno if that & this have something to do with each other...

I shoulda listened to Slam...

I can't even make it on... just tried to a bit ago as of the time of this Post... :(

11. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Yepp, been there my friend. Here's how you disable it temporarily:
    Find the icon in the toolbar on the bottom right side of your screen. It'll probably be hidden away behind the ^ symbol (click it). Mouse over the icons to see what their names are. Find that one that says Raptr, right click it, and click "Exit"

You can also use the Ctrl+Shift+Esc menu (aka Task Manager) to manually shut it down, but if you don't know what you're doing, then don't, as you might shut down a critical process by mistake (making bad things happen).

To disable it permanently, I'm not sure. Probably open it through the toolbar (find icon, left click it, or right click and look at the options there), and look through Options or Settings for a way to prevent it launching at startup.

If that still doesn't do it, do what I would do and Google something like "disable AMD raptr".

12. Tyrax Lightning

Many thanks! That enabled resume of Play!

Now I tried to Red vs Blue, picked Danube for GMT, then I got an Internal Error message that asked me to Mail'it to'em... & I tried while ALREADY having my W7 'mail:to' thingie set to Gmail, which I use... only for the game to sit there like an idiot till I Alt + Tabbed out & then saw a Error message saying it could not perform the function cause the Mail:to Client or something or other wasn't Installed correctly. Anyone know how to get Mail:to for Gmail usage to work right on W7? *Facepalm*

Slam Jones likes this.
  13. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Personally I never got it set up for mine... I prefer to report the bugs on here if I remember to.

Weird about getting the error spawning on Danube... perhaps we just have to delete your .ply file. Or maybe you tried logging in at a weird time. Either way, we will get it resolved! :)

14. Navonil Mukherjee

Navonil Mukherjee Captain

to set gmail as default mailto client for browser--->
    http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/set-gmail-as-browser-default-email-client-ht

for browser to set as default mailto client--> search default program in control panel-->set your browser as default program

Facing many internal exception error in RvB.. but game works apparently fine if chose "continue" instead of "exit and mail" ...
    and joined GMT today :)

15. Furian

Furian Captain

16. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

Can someone else please confirm this? This is a priority.

17. Furian

Furian Captain

can confirm on the "internal exception" error

18. Tyrax Lightning

Already did that, doesn't work. When I try to mail the error, a pop up window claims it couldn't work cause my E-Mail wasn't Installed properly. I already have Mail:to set to Gmail & Firefox is already my Default Browser.

Edit: Oh, also Raptr seems to have 0 Interface for ordering it to Exit & disengage forcing me to Task Manager close it. I'm starting to think Raptr's Devs are a pack of harebrained idiots...

Is it possible to use & Run Plays.tv & have Raptr Uninstalled at the same time...?

19. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Thank you for helping me out after I fell out of my escape pod. Lol I have better fps on your server than I do on my own system.

20. Navonil Mukherjee

Navonil Mukherjee Captain

Request to all R v B players (sply to GMT) if there is some POI is intact, please do not destroy the spanwers (armored golem and Croguhm, destroy those dogs and turret robot spawners), and lets build farm on them...

Tyrax Lightning and MechPilot524 like this.