RED vs BLUE: Weekly PvP, Massive Battles, and more! All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Slam Jones, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Red or Blue?

1. Red!

49.2%
  2. Blue!

50.8%
  1. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

I don't know how you guys determined winner or looser. But I left as I was getting sick of being pulled out of combat, or being left by myself. My fighter has almost no damage, full ammo and mid fight its like, Ok, lets go resupply.

Sorry you got left out Yolo. I was looking forward to exchanging some lead.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Taun Hawk

Taun Hawk Lieutenant

Can someone kindly share the Blue Lancet Frigate bp? Or send me a link where it can be found. Thanks! :)

3. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

You rebel scum are no match for the mighty RED army !

Slam Jones likes this.
  4. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

It is incomplete due to the lack of proper hull block slopes, once that is done, I will add those and post it.

5. Taun Hawk

Taun Hawk Lieutenant

Ahh ok, then I will patiently wait for the finished project, but it is looking pretty good so far ;)

6. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Have ya tried researching Bandicam? :)

I agree it'd be epic to be able to watch the carnage. :)

Slam Jones likes this.
  7. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

I'll give that one a shot, thanks!

8. EEd

EEd Ensign

"- Asides from the above mentioned, the Trading Post will be permanently PvE, to allow for neutral traders to play a role"

That sounds interesting for me. Can you describe this role? Its a guy who have little station and trades goods with both teams? :D

9. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Indeed, I recently set up the lead trader, 82nd, with a new ship after he crashed his old one into my base. :p

But I believe he plans to set up a station there to sell various good and vessels to both teams as needed. With the last battle, 82nd joined the Blue Team in one of his fighters as a mercenary basically, so you can participate in PvP if you want, but otherwise you'll be pretty much neutral.

10. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

SO Slam Jones you have had a few requests to film it, if you PM me next time theres a big group battle, I will see if Im free to drop in and film it for you guys if you like.

11. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Absolutely, will do! Next one should be next sunday, the 21st, at about 3:00CST. IF you're on around then, shoot me a message and I'll get you in! :)

12. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Im in australia so what time does that work out to brisbane time any idea ?

13. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Looks like that would be about 7AM Monday for you. Most folks I know (myself included) would either be at work or waking up for work at that time, but if you can fit it into your schedule, we'd be more than happy to have you there.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  14. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Just a reminder to all that Red and Blue and going to WAR this coming Sunday at 3PM CST! If you'd like to participate and haven't joined a faction, be sure to log in BEFORE then so we can get you all set up!

See you on the battlefield!

15. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

We doing combined arms or just SVs this time? I'd like to see a CV per side at least, its been two weeks, each side should have one. Maybe we can do a combined arms planet side soon.

Can we please make sure everyone has enough ammo, we should be lasting longer in combat.

16. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Well can't speak for Blue Team, but us Reds are replacing Rocket Launchers with Rail Guns, and will be using those as primary fire. They are not only more likely to hit targets, but the ammo stacks higher, and is much easier to make. Got a few boxes full of ammo for those. Also, have a new fighter design to test out :)

As far as CVs, I know Shakles didn't want to do CV combat until we get actual control over the turrets as a whole, rather than individually. That said, I have plenty of warships, and wouldn't mind sending one in. The other problem with combat CVs is repairing them. Depending on the damage, it may well be quicker and easier to build a new one than repair the damage.

Basically, combat is just super un-optimized, but I expect it to get smoother as the game develops.

17. Tyrax Lightning

Gotta love Rail Guns! :D

Blue Team better get'em too or the next battle could get REAL ugly for them... ;) (In which case they might be glad Vid Power is still not ready to go.)

18. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

I don't use rockets or mini guns, they don't do any damage, I use rail gun as my primary too. That's what happened to the left side of your SV last time, ;). I keep rockets on my ship more for back up, ditched the mini guns altogeather, its better to carry extra railgun ammo and use it as over kill in PvE then use mini guns, imo.

Yea, I guess it would be easier to build another CV then repair ATM. But, even optimized bringing CVs into combat is immensely more fun then just SV dog fights over and over.

19. Tyrax Lightning

Fully agreed. IMHO Rail Guns are like a direct Upgrade over Miniguns. Rocket Launchers would still be good vs Turrets if they acted like the handheld Rocket Launchers... but as is Rail Guns can just plain be used for everything SV Combat-wise imho. :)

Rail Guns are just plain flat out the ultimate coolness. :cool:

20. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

I think we can all agree that there should be no useless weapons in the game, but right now NOTHING is balanced right. Mind you, once we get modding, we will have our own custom pvp balance, but at this point we will be upgrading.

Taun Hawk and Tyrax Lightning like this.