RED vs BLUE: Weekly PvP, Massive Battles, and more! All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Slam Jones, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Red or Blue?

1. Red!

49.2%
  2. Blue!

50.8%
  1. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Another day, another skirmish. Although the orbital portion of the battle could have gone either way, the Blue Team managed to wreck the Red SVs in Akua's atmosphere, and thus Blue Team won a clear victory over the Red forces!

Blue Team now has claim of Akua Planet, and Red's influence has been pushed back to the Akuan Moon!

We did managed to get some video of this battle, and it will be uploaded once I find some decent video editing software!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Awesome! Does this mean Bandicam worked? :D

WarMachine and Slam Jones like this.
  3. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Indeed! It only records for 10 mins at a time for trial version, but that just means there's a few gaps here and there.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

For this purpose, it might be enough once ya find that Video Editing Software, wish I could help ya on that one. Maybe ya could make the Vids in a way kinda like Post-Sports Game Recap/Highlight Vids or some such. :)

5. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

Awesome pics. Now I know who took out my front lights, lol.

Had to be the best so far, and other then the hired merc no one had to pull out, the battles lasted.

I got a few pics from the graves of those that didn't make it back into orbit.

2016-02-21_00004.jpg Mantis #3

2016-02-21_00003.jpg Valiant class Merc fighter

Hey, Slam, got a screen of your Mantis before you ditched it? I want to see the toughest ship around Akua, that thing was running on pure hate and anger.

Tyrax Lightning, Zoral and Slam Jones like this.
  6. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Well I arrived in the battle with a Mantis. I fell out of said Mantis before battle began. After a few minutes, the Scorpion's fuel ran out, so I ran over to it and fueled it up to join the fight. Ditched it next to the teammate that dropped it and got back to the Mantis for the rest of the battle.

I don't think he realized I fueled up the ship...

I didn't take too much of a look before stripping it of important stuff, but here's a decent shot.

Only one rear thruster left, and most of the inside was gutted. I'm amazed it limped out of there at all, it must have taken at least a dozen solid hits.

[​IMG]

Tyrax Lightning and WarMachine like this.
  7. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

You know, I see you all over this thread, but I don't see you on the server...

8. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Indeed, you need to join us one of these days. :)

Also, here's a preliminary video of part of the surface portion of the battle:

Using Youtube's editor stuff currently, and it's rather slow.

9. Tyrax Lightning

Wish I could. Take care of my ill Mom 27/7/365 & she's got a ton of ailments including but not limited to Chagrins, Lupus, recovery from Breast ******, & recently got her Teeth pulled & still trying to get used to her temporary dentures. :(

There's no such thing as a 'off-duty' time for me. Even on the weekends my video game not liking Dad is often here & I gotta work even more intensely then.

I'm still wishing I could even get to check out the Eleon Test Server. If I ever get to, I likely shouldn't build anything there i'd miss.

Epic! :D

I'm surprised every shot doesn't Instagib what it hits. Mod influence?

Sometimes it can feel like my life doesn't even belong to me. If I could have some free time, it'd be interesting to try out Lone Wolf Merc Life sometime.

Also, I hate having Asperger so much. :(

Edit: Oh, also meant to say: lol at ya having your F&F Tool out at the beginning of the Vid... were ya hoping ya could flatten your foes with it? :p

I also like the fact that ya are allowed to fire on your foes from the Ground with your Hand Weapons. Have ya considered packing a Rocket Launcher for that?

Slam Jones likes this.
  10. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Lol I was actually using the filler function to try to build a pillar up to my ship to get back in... realized it would take forever and went up the hill instead.

Also, I never expected I'd be on the ground, but I'll prolly carry a Rocket Launcher and Minigun just in case it happens again ;)

11. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

I totally understand, I once spent a year taking care of an aunt dying (now deceased) of breast ******, and this was after she lost her daughter to a car accident with a Mexican immigrant on the Texas highway. That Thanksgiving was the last time I ever saw my uncle's family together. So I understand the pain and hardship. The best way to get thru it is to remember that duty is a higher pleasure than mere self-satisfaction.

Edit: No, the weapons are horribly under-powered honestly. But this has to do with the fact they are balanced for a 33m/s max speed. Until we get larger planets and higher speeds for SV's, high damage weapons will not be feasible, but I would prefer to have a high damage environment for SV's. Think War Thunder's Air battles, a single barrage of fire can end an enemy, but you have to be in just the right position to make a hit.

12. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Bummer bout all the Tyrax, hope by some chance you can manage to find a way to join us one day even still :)

Alright, here's the first draft of the spliced surface battle! Enjoy :)

Edit: By the way, I recommend anyone participating to give Bandicam a try, and record a little footage in case some clumsy oaf (probably me) falls out of his ship and missed half the battle again :p It's free with the stipulation that you can record up to 10 minutes at a time. So when the timer runs out, mash the record key you pre-set until it starts again.

13. Tyrax Lightning

Many thanks. :)

I salute the courage & fighting spirit of that final Red Warrior! *Salutes*

Wouldn't blame ya if it felt real bad having to decommission that Ship with the R&R Tool.

Those are some cool Ship Designs. Are there rule criteria for how they can & cannot be built on that Server, either for the sides or the Mercs?

Edit: Oh, also totally agree on the packing a Minigun & Rocket Launcher T2. Sadly the Laser Rifle is a bit UP at this time. I gave it a try too & got dissatisfied with its results. The Rocket Launcher T2's stronger firing rate compared to its T1 cousin would be especially useful for trying harder at pelting passing enemy Ships. Imagine if ya even got some lucky hits on their Cockpit or a Weapon! :D

WarMachine and Slam Jones like this.
  14. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Haha thanks! Yeah, did have to scrap the remainders of it, and left basically some hull blocks and armor plates, but nothin else. Was unhappy I lost the battle, but I can make these SVs so quick it doesn't matter :p Maybe if I had one I had flown in multiple battles and survived in.

As far as ship design, we try to keep them relatively the same size, although Red ships tend to be a bit larger, as when we get Modding support, Blue ships will have shield generators, and Red ships will have stronger armor, and thus will weigh a bit more. Basically slightly smaller and more agile (Blue) or slightly larger and heavier (Red). Mostly, though, it's weapon choices being similar. In this case, we mostly had 2-4 Rail Guns and perhaps a few other weapons as backups. :)

15. Tyrax Lightning

OH, ya were punishing the Ship for failure! I can understand that, I may do the same to my Tyrax Starter SV when I don't need it anymore. (Damn Epic Fail Walk In Area idea. Apparently that's only a good strategy on HVs & even on them i'm gonna experiment with the Giant Access Hatch strategy on a future build for it.)

Are there rules for Merc Ships?

Slam Jones likes this.
  16. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Not sure honestly, I assume all is fair as long as it's not egregiously large or overpowered :) So far we've had Mercs participate in both battles (well, the same Merc, tho for a different side each time) so it will definitely be a continuing trend as near as I can tell.

Edit: By the way, I have a very awesome SV with a walk-in area, though it is somewhat difficult to navigate. Regardless, keep experimenting and you'll get a good one eventually. I find modelling them after animals helps ;)

17. Tyrax Lightning

Funny ya mention that. I've pondered modelling a Ship after the Dragonets/Dragons of a Book Series I like & have read part way through called "The Dragonriders of Pern" Series. :)

Rayah and Slam Jones like this.
  18. EEd

EEd Ensign

I suggest to setup Open Boradcaster Software (its free and open source) for recording instead of bandicam. No annoying watermarks or recording time limits. https://obsproject.com/

19. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

Red 5, lol. But yea, that ship needs to be in an Empyrion war museum after that fight. If someone is going to make a SV mothership, they would just be target practice. You can see from the video, that if these ships had been larger there would have been a lot less misses. Practicality is more important from what I have seen in all combat in Empyrion.

Edited to add; that's like two ammo crates worth of railgun ammo, where did you have that hidden?

I was impressed by the fighters this time around. You really get to see their strengths planet side. The Mantis can take some serious damage and dish it, and the longswords are agile and harder to hit. My custom gunship, Durandal, has gotten bigger as I've done more SV combat. I have found I prefer to weigh my ship down a little to get a similar feel to flying CV combat. But I seen now why Broken was warning about adding weight to Longswords, weight makes a huge difference planet side. To me the longswords are cool, just a little too quick for my preference. But they would have been sitting ducks planet side if they had been uparmored. Now once doth sides learn to drift their shots, we will see some awesome dogfights.

I think I'll check that out. I might try to record the next fight.

If anyone wants to play with Durandal, she's available on the workshop.

Slam Jones and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  20. Rayah

Rayah Lieutenant

Those books are amazing :D I already made a dragon-shaped SV (granted, not my best looking ship).