RED vs BLUE: Weekly PvP, Massive Battles, and more! All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Slam Jones, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Red or Blue?

1. Red!

49.2%
  2. Blue!

50.8%
  1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

If ya do throw the Build out the Window in frustration, try to aim for an Empyrion Game Bug & squash it. :p

What if ya take your HV off world on GMT business? It's a hostile place out there. Plus never know if ya might drive like a maniac for a long time & fail to notice all the ding damage on the Cockpit add up little by little till the straw that broke the camel's back... ;)

2. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

Don't have to convince me. I do carry extra parts. Have had my cockpit shot off before. If you look wayyy back you will see a post about cockpits are way to large. Like they were made for a helicopter or some thing. Because they stick way out.

Crazyfly and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

You had a baby?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. N99024

N99024 Captain

god damnit.......
    No, Nvidia has announced the Geforce GTX 1080 and 1070 :D

5. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Looks damn near as expensive as having a baby o_O

6. N99024

N99024 Captain

not sure slam, i hear raising one costs around 1 million dollars lol

7. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

$1 million... $1,200.... close enough right? Just off by like 3 zeroes :p (unless i'm looking at the wrong price here)

8. N99024

N99024 Captain

thats how much you think it costs? man, they just did a special show revealing the new GPU, a 1080 will cost $600 and is faster than a Titan X, which costed $1,000. and a 1070, that is still faster than a 980 will cost about $379.......
    you don't know tech like i do, do you? lol

9. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Eh, I google'd "gtx 1080" and saw something on the right that said $1,200, which turned out to be the Titan X... so I was wrong. You were right. *Shakes hands*

Regardless, a $600 GPU... sheesh. If you consider that to not be expensive, I'd happily trade paychecks with you :p

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  10. N99024

N99024 Captain

I don't get paid much, im just a good saver

11. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

That was the reason I just did the second rebuild of my PC. Now my super hacked X51 can now run one of those cards. I decided on the Corsair SFX600 600W psu. Just put her through the paces, and she's running good, now just waiting on one of those 1080's and a new cooling system and she'll be finished. My goal is to run VR on high. Upgraded my wife's X51R1 to a R2 with some of my old parts.

12. Tyrax Lightning

Good to have not lost ya Boss. :)

I'm surprised no one's said anything about my new SV. Was it that boring a bit of news? :p & if anyone's curious, ya can take a look see at it, it's parked near my House. :) (Especially curious about Feedback from my fellow GMTs on if its Paint Job looks GMT Color Code compliant enough.)

13. Crazyfly

Crazyfly Commander

I have a friend who owns a computer shop on the east coast bout 7-8 months ago he started asking me if I was wanting to upgrade. Something about a totally new line of vidcards that would put every last one of the current greats to shame (and that the venders were already dropping costs to get as many of the other cards sold off). I was told they were powerful enough to run a 60 inch 4k monitor with 60 fps as long as the game itself doesn't have errors/compatibility issues. Theres one game I forget, cause I never played it, on old tech you could barely get 15 fps and with new tech he's lucky if he doesn't actually go further down in fps.

Was this by anychance one of those vidcards?

14. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Hey all, just an early warning, due to the number of bugs we've had on the server, we will likely have to do a full wipe in the coming weeks. After it's wiped, we'll try to make sure no pre-alpha BPs are spawned, to hopefully stop the memory leak issues.

Again, there is not set date for this yet, and it will likely be at least a week, but I recommend BP'ing anything you don't want to lose just in case :)

15. Mr. Badger

Mr. Badger Captain

The blood test came back negative?

16. Tyrax Lightning

So much for my House, but so be it. This is Alpha after all. I can Rebuild. :cool:

Also, Tyrax Hunter Miner & my new SV are both BPed. Guess if I manage to get back on before the Wipe, maybe I could get a chance to at least see how my Iji Performs before she goes kablooey in the wipe?

Is this & the new idea of a Neutral Starting Planet separate from all main Faction Home Worlds gonna be consolidated together? Seems like a good time to do so imho. ;)

Also, RP idea: Maybe the bugage with the GMT's Walrus & the new Server Map could both be explained as Mr. Boss WarMachine's Walrus was a Mad Empyrion Science Experiment CV with an experimental prototype Double Warp Fuel Tank setup... & it didn't quite work out as planned... Apparently the reason why CVs can only legitly have one Warp Fuel Tank atm is cause if ya got 2 like the Walrus does, apparently having 2 batches of Pentaxid Fuel on opposite sides of a Ship followed by doing enough Warp Jumps with the setup subtly affects the Space Time Continuum bit by bit till it get unstable enough for it to 'accidentally' summon a Alternate Universe version of the same Vessel, then if they meet on the same Playfield at the same time, the Pentaxid Batches from different Universes yet technically same Entitys violently react in some kinda egghead gobbledegook kinda way & causes a huge massive catastrophe that can apparently screw up stuff, including Planetary Positions & Gravity Fields, or some such or other that can be refined in reason to ya'all's liking, as the Universe's way of 'resolving' the imbalance & self correcting the issue to avoid the ENTIRE Universe being destroyed, or worse. :p

17. Navonil Mukherjee

Navonil Mukherjee Captain

that maybe actually happened....

for server reset, please make some resources (mainly blue crystal) rare every where but one or 2 places so wars, skirmishes and piracy can have actual objective..

Camboduke and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. Navonil Mukherjee

Navonil Mukherjee Captain

News.png

19. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

Kinda reminds me of a SyFy original, big plot holes. Hard Bargain is the first of her design, with at least 10 to 12 jumps, you've just never seen her dual fuel tanks. The Wailing Dawn had about 5 jumps, and her dual fuel tanks were well protected and hidden. Neither of these ships ever had an issue (except the freeze bug, but that can happen to any vehicle). The Walrus, wasn't meant for battle and her engineering room was opened and decorated, so you got to see her fuel chambers. She's never jumped except for a mod teleport, and all of these ships where spawned in as empty husks and built on server, I did nothing the game didn't allow for. ;)

Well, at least a reset will fix our faction bug. I do believe we need to have a set of interplanetary laws governing other faction, and non-observed (not red Blue or Grey) bases in other's home areas.

20. Camboduke

Camboduke Ensign

MechPilot told me the only reason for those things were to get back at TFB not mess with GMT at all. I'm guessing Project Barracuda is a lag machine or something of that nature.