RED vs BLUE: Weekly PvP, Massive Battles, and more! All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Slam Jones, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Red or Blue?

1. Red!

49.2%
  2. Blue!

50.8%
  1. Yolofessional

Yolofessional Captain

congratulations to blue team! was good fun. maybe in the future we can try some hv/ infantry battles. and next time you guys have to take the merc :p

2. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

Been testing, this software works. We should all be running it for recording, its easy to start, I only have a 5fps drop while its recording at 1920x1080 60% (30fps) quality with sound. I'm using the classic version, not the Studio version.

Gonna suggest that too. Since Blue won, we should get together and take a poi or build a facility. Then we should have Red asssualt it combined arms, how every you guys want to field. We can still have a SV round too. Need be, Broken wants to do this, I'll be willing to make the facility even without help. The merc, we did take him...... out.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  3. Rayah

Rayah Lieutenant

I'll be happy to help build a base (I was already starting some rough designs in my head yesterday after the battle). I have shadowplay from nvidia, I haven't tested it to see if it works with this game yet.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

A fellow Dragonriders of Pern Lover! WOOT!!! <3 Sorka Hanrahan! :D

LOL what's that about? Do ya feel like your Merc was a burden instead of an asset? XD

OBS... dammit, I forgot about that! I might have that on my Computer too, though I have yet to figure out how to actually make it work. RL keeps being too busy & when it's not I forget to think about it... or think about things like playing Empyrion. Bandicam Trial Version on the other hand I have used before, including doing a couple Terraria Vids with it before.

I feel sorry for the future Base... the opposing side will have access to HV Artillery Turrets. :p

Slam Jones and Rayah like this.
  5. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

2016-02-22_00001.jpg My bases can handle themselves. Com'on lets do it!

6. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

You can actually see the right-side ammo box near the end of the video, basically in the bottom 1/3 of the ship, and about 1/3 inwards from the starboard (right) side. The left-sided one was destroyed, I think, when the fuel/o2 tanks were struck. Will undoubtedly be re-arranging the stern of the Mantis' to be a bit better defended before the next battle. Also, I think we may have gone a bit excessive on the ammo this time, but after running out embarrassingly quick in the previous battle, I decided more was better than less :p And since ammo doesn't add any weight, there's no real issue with packing more than you need. At least until it gets blown up in its box...

Also, I was thinking the same idea as discussed above, with the battle centering around an outpost built by the occupier. Adding in ground batteries would really change up the dynamic of the battles, and give more opportunity for HVs, ground troops, etc. Make it so it's a bit easier to defend places, and consequently a bit harder to assault them.

Edit:
    Will try this one for sure! Thanks for the tip! :)

7. Tyrax Lightning

I look forward to the Future Vids showing your Base Guns getting tricked into killing parts of your own Base. :p (Hope the Devs can do something about that in the future so we can have more options for being able to design our stuff & place our Defenses.)

Slam Jones likes this.
  8. Dionysos

Dionysos Commander

The video made me so sad i'd really want to:
    [​IMG]

But CST - uh EU timezone and ping might be crappy for me :eek:

Slam Jones likes this.
  9. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Hehe nice poster :)

It was kinda a perfect storm of fail for Red team. First I fell out of my ship, reducing it from 4v4 to 3v4, then the scorpion ran out of fuel, reducing it further to 2v4. By the time I got back to my ship, it was effectively 1v4. Amazed I made it out at all >.>

Future battle will go better! I promise! :p

Edit: As for timezones, we will hopefully have more spontaneous PvP in the future, so it won't be just restricted to the current time. As far as ping, we do plan to upgrade the server if certain goals are attained in a timely manner, so there may be hope still.

10. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

Actually, the Server is currently hosted out of Montreal, so Northern Europe pings shouldn't be too terrible.

11. Yolofessional

Yolofessional Captain

maybe someone should start a steam group.

12. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

I already did. Would you like an invite?

13. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

We was just about to set the base up, and went to creative to verify direction and found a huge bug. Had a phantom block way below the base and placed the base high in the sky. But, me and Rayah will get them up tomorrow (base takes like 8hrs in factory, but has been fixed and tested).

redbaron, Tyrax Lightning and Rayah like this.
  14. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I'd probably enjoy that if they added in spectator mode.

15. Tyrax Lightning

It'll rock to watch a Base in action defending itself, especially cause i'm interested in how each of the Base Usable Turrets work in action against various things. :) (Especially those Flaks & their huge Range... & how good they actually are at hitting stuff at their outer ranges.)

WarMachine and redbaron like this.
  16. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

The main goal is to avoid SV strafing runs, while I'm not sure anyone wants to make a no SV rule for this battle. The Flak is rather ineffective against most things on the ground in its position. 4 to 5 SVs could wreck a single base with no issues, so Flak and a few smaller satellites will be used as a anti SV defense. Our rule of "practicality" will hopefully allow us to keep the battle balanced.

Hopefully we can get a decent group and get some combined arms footage for the game. How cool is it to be part of an interplanetary invasion force about to storm a enemy strong hold, I almost don't wanna to be a defender.

17. Tyrax Lightning

Yeah, hope we get a battle of comparable epicness to Major Battles in the Star Wars Movies. :)

Makes it painful for me to have no such thing as a 'off duty' time for me to ever get to freely MP with. :'(

Edit: Oh, just remembered. Rayah & I have had a convo talking about Base Defenses & chatted it up for awhile & i've come to the conclusion it may indeed be best to have a good balance of Turrets, with Flaks maybe best being utilized as having quite a number of them that can fire everywhere possible to shoot at Enemy SVs mercilessly & stop them from having an option to be able to sit still just outside the range of other shorter range Base Defenses & be able to pick them off & render them useless as defense. To this end, imho they shoulda got to get a better Firing Rate then they did, at least the Firing Rate of the Cannon Turrets. They're advanced high level weapons for crying out loud.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    WarMachine and Slam Jones like this.
  18. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Well I'm considering setting up a defensive base on Akua Moon, so that driving us out of the system would require Blues to take down our base. So you may get to base assault after all :p (Maybe just not this next battle tho)

In fact, that might be a decent structure for a type of battles: each team has a BA stronghold that the other team must either destroy or capture, while defending their own. May need more folks to make it viable, but it might work for smaller systems.

As far as base set-up and turret placement, personally I'd probably have a main central stack with the long-range defenses (Flak turrets) And then a ring around it with shorter-range defenses (cannon turrets). The idea being that the cannons, despite having shorter range, will still be able to fire on most targets that the Flak can, effectively meaning you have to worry about both types of attacks to take out a turret. Perhaps a sentry HV or two nearby as well :)

Don't we all :p

WarMachine and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

Blue base has ben set up. All blue team is welcome to use the facility, and build a personal base on Akua (Do not build near the tower). We can shuttle any Blue from Ningues to Akua is some one is on near the shuttles.

Flak and Plasma trade off is they don't stack high, but fire fast. Flak is stacks of 25, and can run through that fast. Considering we aren't using a body count, we have more bodies then ammo, (just not enough players to fill the bags). Cannons stack, and do pretty decent damage.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  20. Tyrax Lightning

While learning from Hummel how to set Default Apps in W10's bullshit Interface, I stumbled on something called "Windows Live Movie Maker"... Never heard of Windows Live Movie Maker... anyone familiar with it?

Slam Jones likes this.