RED vs BLUE: Weekly PvP, Massive Battles, and more! All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Slam Jones, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Red or Blue?

1. Red!

49.2%
  2. Blue!

50.8%
  1. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

I've used Windows Movie Maker in previous versions of Windows, but haven't tried the Win10 one yet, probably mainly because I'd need to download it first.

That said, I'll give it a try. Can't be any worse than Youtube's in-browser editing tools :p (which really aren't bad, per se, just limited and rather slow)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Rayah

Rayah Lieutenant

If it's the same one from windows 7, it's awful.
    When I did some resident evil videos, I used a program called Avidemux for video editing, and Audacity for the sound. (this was a few years ago, so idk if they're still around)

3. Furian

Furian Captain

2 noop players wanna join the fight, me (a shipbuilder) an my friend. both survival players both always playing together. who would whant us? red or blue?

Tyrax Lightning and Slam Jones like this.
  4. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

From what I'm seeing, looks like Blue team is up to 11 members while Red team is up to 8. Can't say for certain how many in each team are truly active though... but unless Blue really needs em, I'd be happy to accept you guys to Red Team :)

I will be on later today to accept you guys to the faction!

Tyrax Lightning and Furian like this.
  5. Furian

Furian Captain

well then we just need an answer from blue team, but if they are 11 players and red are 8 then it would look like red would be the obvious taker for new members. And RED lost the last fight, maybe we should try to turn that arround (mind that I'm often in creative mode perfecting my shipbuilds but will leave it in hurry if my team needs me, same goes for my friend

6. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Hey no problem at all. I, too, spend a fair bit of time in Creative working on SVs/CVs. When we have full fleets and NPCs in the future (when we get modding support), we'll need every type of ship we can make :)

As for losing the last battle, yeah, wasn't too great for us Reds :p But I think we can take em next time.

Tyrax Lightning and Furian like this.
  7. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

While I'm not Blue team lead, that's Broken, I suggest going Red as we were up by one last time and we can give 82nd a rifle this time.

Windows media editor is a junk for the most part. It will get the job done, but has very little features.

8. Decrypter

Decrypter Ensign

Okay red team here we come

9. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Hey all, a friendly reminder that we are going to WAR tomorrow! Slightly less than 23 hours from now, Red Team will be cruising to Akua to attempt to overthrow Blues defensive base and force them off the planet.

Will they succeed?

Join us and find out!

10. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

Blue Nova Syndicate SITREP

Re: Tomorrows down time.

Chatter around the independent stations. RGC looking to hire mercs for an assault. Intel suggests an assault may occur during the downtime of the orbital shield that protects the Terraformer. The shutdown sequence has already been initiated, and we are unable to bring it up any sooner. BNS must utilize ground forces and defensive satellites to ensure the protection of the Terraformer or else we will be unable to defend further BNS operations on the planet Akua.

Intel: Assault force unknown

Objective: Do not alow RGC to take or Destroy the Terraformer

Assets: APC and arms will be supplied, Strike fighter support will be limited, and warships are in route, they likely won't make it in time.

Exfil: In case of failure, survivors will be evacuated to Rallypoint Alpha and shuttled off world to safety

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Giant Conglomerate SITREP

Re: Good intel

We payed off a BNS power tech, we have it on good intel that tomorrow the BNS orbital shield will go down for maintenance. The window of opportunity will be short, less then an hour. We have a chance to take their Terraformer and evict them from the planet. The Terraformer will not be undefended, it has anti aircraft and defense cannons. It is surrounded by defense satellites, and will likely have a contingent of BNS marines defending it. Capturing the Terraformer means we take the planet, and all the resources of the base. Destroying it loosens BNS's hold on Akua.

Intel: Heavy Anti SV weaponry, suggest HV deployment and limited SV use until anti air cannons are brought offline.
    2016-02-27_00005.jpg
    Five plasma defense satellites surround the Terraformer, strategically situated for maximum effect. Intel suggest they may be susceptible to infantry, we suggest deploying marines.
    2016-02-27_00004.jpg
    At least 3 enemy APCs have been seen operating in the area, extreme caution advised when on foot.
    2016-02-27_00006.jpg

Objective: Primary - Capture the BNS Terraformer / Secondary - Destroy the BNS Terraformer

Exfil; Evacuation will be left up to the assault team leader, but we suggest keeping a capitol ship just out side of gun range for troop support and exfil if the shields come back up.

Combat Area.jpg

Blue team: You may park your SV/CVs at Rallypoint Alpha that will not be part of the fight. There are lockers inside here for any stuff you'd like to store before the fight, food, medbay and other goodies if needed. Just park on the side of the mountain away from the bases. Your vehicle MUST be set to BNS before parking there, shes got teeth.

Red team; feel free to redo your sitrep. Do not fly over Rallypoint alpha, your assault will end early.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  11. Furian

Furian Captain

Can't wait!

12. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

The mighty RGC fleet roared through Omicron Orbit, bound for their Moon to pick up the remaining ships, when a sudden wormhole opened, sucking the main carrier ship in. Acting quickly, the crew leaped from their seats and were scattered a few kilometers in every direction, unharmed but confused. Later reports indicated that Blue team was seeing planetary disruptions shortly before the event took place. We believe the two events may be related.

Regardless, a rescue operation was undertaken, after which they realized that their strike force, intended for Akua, was entirely gone. Without it, there was no possibility of assaulting the Blue stronghold. They reluctantly returned to Omicron, to recover from the sudden loss, and plot their next move...

(Basically, Blue was having issues on their end, so Shakles restarted the server. On my end, it appeared I had set down the carrier ship on the Moon, turned the engines off, and waited a little while for the restart. According to the server, as it was when we logged back in, the carrier, with everything aboard, fell into the Moon, crossing the threshold and getting despawned. I blame lag.)

13. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

BNS strike fighters flying in defensive pattern around of the facilities mysteriously went MIA. Initially though to be the start the RGC strike sent troops scrambling, but after sitting the entire downtime in hastily made fighting positions, the marines only describe seeing mysterious lights in the sky. Shortly after all contact with the BNS emergency response fleet was lost. A new response team has been sent to aid the BNS facilities on Akua and investigate the disappearances.

-----------------------------

All and all good turn out, sadly both sides kinda got it hard by a bug. But, I still have sceenshots of Brokenshackles as a comet.
    2016-02-28_00005.jpg 2016-02-28_00006.jpg 2016-02-28_00003.jpg

14. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

*Glares suspiciously at the Aliens & wonders if they're pondering turning the War into a 3 way fight...*

WarMachine, Slam Jones and Rayah like this.
  15. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

I'm not sure, went off into the hills to spawn a Longsword, just as I spawn it I'm surrounded by the damned flower creatures. Just managed to throw some fuel in and escape before they got me. We may have to release the extermination squads.

16. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Where's Napalm when ya need it? :p

Slam Jones likes this.
  17. WarMachine

WarMachine Captain

So, any particular time were getting together this afternoon?

18. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

I'm hoping 5pm, but I haven't gotten any reply from Slam on whether or not he is ready.

19. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

It appears 5PM will work with my schedule today :)

I'm basically on stand-by today, but will be totally free around that time, I believe. Don't have too many ships ready yet tho, so the battle may be quick.

20. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

Alright, are you still working on the replacements for Warmachine's scenario? We can do regular SV battles today if that is the case.