RED vs BLUE: Weekly PvP, Massive Battles, and more! All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Slam Jones, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Red or Blue?

1. Red!

49.2%
  2. Blue!

50.8%
  1. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

I think you have to apply for the Taxi licence.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. N99024

N99024 Captain

Hello, I'm one of the few admins on RGC, the biggest thing i need to tell you is that most of the people on the server are taking a break from EGS, but that doesn't mean I can't hop on and help you get to lv 20 with just a few minutes on the server if you do join RGC. Right now I'm working on a Dreadnaught class CV called Jericho, but shes getting close to being done. As for ships of your design, you can bring them up to your higher in command, and its up to them to say yay or nay to implementation of the ship. But you can always have them as a personal ship.
    Edit: except Tyrax on the GMT side, if you read the posts from earlier you'll know why lol

3. Methodik

Methodik Lieutenant

Hi guys,

Looks like the folks over at Eleon are working hard... I have updated the server to Version 1.7.2.

Let me know if you guys have any issues.

4. Methodik

Methodik Lieutenant

I'll have to defer to broken on that. He handles the site code, I mostly oversee the hosting side. I'm sure that we can get configuration in place to allow pics, so yes, consider it a WIP ;).

We are also working on a blog section that I will be posting to with progress and vision for the site and RvB server. Stay tuned!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  5. Youriv88

Youriv88 Ensign

Do you guys have certain roles in the group, like what i said earlier, for instance a builder, a pilot etc? If so, how do you apply for one of the tasks?

6. N99024

N99024 Captain

Far as I know, there isn't any officials roles, might be planned later but you would have to ask @Slam Jones

7. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

There is a module for the software that we are using that allows for that, but it's not free, so I will have to check my budget to see when I can get the purchase for it in.

8. =TCR= Big_Red

Broken. Is this something you set up on a home computer. Because any php site I ever put up had a gallery built in. Just wondering?

9. Brokenshakles

No, this is a piece of commercial forum software with relatively loose free-use restrictions, they make their money by selling the modules.

10. =TCR= Big_Red

Have you looked at phpbb. It's open-source. All free with add on's.

Tyrax Lightning and Zalrik like this.
  11. Brokenshakles

I looked at several packages, but I need something that integrates into Wordpress, any info on that?

12. =TCR= Big_Red

13. Brokenshakles

That is not information on integrating phpbb into wordpress, that's just the WP website.​

14. =TCR= Big_Red

On the WordPress.org site there are a few plug-ins for phpbb into wordpress. In the search bar. Search phpbb

15. Brokenshakles

Alright, fair enough, but I need to make sure it will work with the existing stack that we built for the other software, I am loathe to ask @Methodik to do further work on this after all the late nights he put in (really, I can't give him enough credit for being utterly dogged and ruthless in the pursuit of success on this matter.)

16. =TCR= Big_Red

It's been a few years but I believe phpbb will work on its own without wordpress or what ever. Just need your OS up and your mysql built. Google also has free Web. Never looked at before though. I use to use Searchlight. But its long gone now.

17. =TCR= Big_Red

Go Daddy 9dollars a month. Unlimited band width. Unlimited forums. Cheap fast way to go. C-Panel or Plesk.

18. Brokenshakles

Lol, Methodik works as a host tech for a living, we won't do any better than him, trust me.

19. N99024

N99024 Captain

20. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Understandable. Before combining Combat Steel with HUGE CVs becomes feasible, something will need to be done with Thrusters + Power Needs + Fuel Holding woes for such Vessels. My Transport, by CV Standards, might plausibly be called a small size CV. (Yo Devs, Armored Xtra Large Thrusters would be cool...)

Us GMTs are a bunch of motley ragtag Traders, Mercs, & other sorts like that who banded together to make a living Trading, Gun-for-Hiring, & other stuff along the lines to make a good living. Then Boss WarMachine took the Reins & led us on a glorious rise to Power as a full fledged Faction of our own. Best leader ever! :D

At this rate the Server might someday get Renamed "Red vs Blue vs Grey". :p

After Currency gets Implemented us GMTs may well be able to Merc in full force!

My Tyrax's Aggressive Taxi begs to differ on that. :p

I wish I had known I coulda replaced the Blocks of my Base from Hardened Steel to Combat Steel myself before this got fixed. I woulda been willing to have it put on my Tab & then pay it off as I was able of course. Worth it in exchange for getting Blocks fixed to the new Combat Steel that were deployed in places not accessible by normal means. Now i'm screwed I guess. Guess that's Alpha for ya.

I consider myself a Warrior + Miner + Builder. I kinda chose my own Path within the GMTs & my Boss was ok with it. At this time I dunno if any of our Factions really have any real 'jobs/careers/positions/whatever else ya might call it'. This might change in the future, especially if Faction Controls ever get more... well... APT, later down the road. :p

Or, if something like this has been set up with the GMTs & I haven't even known about it & failed to be 'playing ball' correctly, I owe the Boss a hell of an apology, if not more. But i'd seriously think i'da caught wind of something like this sooner if such was the case.

May you & Methodik have the respect of the Dragons. :)