RED vs BLUE: Weekly PvP, Massive Battles, and more! All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Slam Jones, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Red or Blue?

1. Red!

49.2%
  2. Blue!

50.8%
  1. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

I believe the Bull-Ant was piddlefoots ship. He was just filming as far as I knew.

And yeah, despite sinking constantly, I like the Tank :p

2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Ahh, so in a way he was like the Press for the battle? Did he have Immunity or was he fair game to shoot at? Tried to tell in the Vid but wasn't quite able to. :p

I never imagined one could make a HV that... well... bulky & wide, & have it work... it's inspiring to watch. Plus that was a LOT of Minigun Turrets & can't dislike that! :D (Though it seemed unavoidable to take some of that Minigun Fire on the HV itself.)

That dude seems like a good 2 person Vehicle... a Driver & a Artillery Turret Gunner. Makes me wonder if my Tyrax Hover Tank really took the 'Hover Tank' idea far enough... food for thought...

Slam Jones likes this.
  3. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Heh yeah getting that Tank to behave properly was quite a task... it ended up wth something like 7 or 8 hover engines on the bottom (basically at every corner, plus one or two in the middle), and even then it would refuse to work with some terrain. I haven't built many HVs at all, so I was uncertain whether it would even be effective in any way. Turns out it was lol.

I think it weighed about 30 tons or something ridiculous lol. Getting to the top of that hill at the start of the video must have taken at least 10 minutes... not exactly quick :p Not to mention the bug where HVs sink in the water... slowed me down quite a bit in a lot of cases lol

The miniguns did indeed hit the Tank itself some of the time, but as far as I could tell any damage they dealt was minor. Those artillery turrets do the real damage ;) And I agree, having a gunner would be pretty awesome for that Tank :D

Edit: As for Piddle, I think he was neutral/observing party, thus my not shooting at him when I had the chance a few times (and even switching the F9 mode to make sure of what I was/wasn't shooting at). He may have taken a few hits, but that's probably from accidents more than anything else :p

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

I look forward to the day that ya can put plenty of Hover Engines on the bottom of HVs & they ALL exert force below them. Man will that open up HVs to creativity then! (Not to mention it'd be nice to be able to Factory in HVs without their 'new calculated Hover Point' making 99% of the designs out there unable to cope with the Hills they used to deal with.)

Speakin of Designs, if ya could have a full time Artillery Turret Gunner, ya could then build a HV Tank in a way that was vulnerable to Artillery Turret friendly fire without that friendly fire actually happening. Then maybe ya could add more HV stuff to a Tank, like Rocket Turrets, & have more defense against Enemy Turrets. (There's times also when i've wonder if Variants of existing Turrets that were allowed to rotate only in a 90 degree cone in front of them could have uses in some Designs too.)

... Dammit I wish I could just plain play REAL MP... :(

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Slam Jones likes this.
  5. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I was in the bull-ant and yes I was shootin yas all too !

I havent cut the footage been to busy in servers so far, will get around to cutting the best bits to try and put a smoothish video together, the footage is pretty raw in the sense, pre-alpha code not optimized and rubberbanding with higher pings.

The bull-ant never got a scratch on it, but then I fly like I stole it, never stopping.

6. Furian

Furian Captain

you can! you can join us :)

Tyrax Lightning and Slam Jones like this.
  7. Flip

Flip Captain

This looks like fun. I might have to join in on it sometime!

8. Tyrax Lightning

I wish I could. I take care of my ill Mom & am on duty for her 24/7/365. There's no such thing as a 'off-duty' time for me & I have to suddenly afk from my Computer at odd random times for most of every day. Even in my SP Game I have to sometimes put my Pause Button to use at times. :(

Though there's times when i've been tempted to try out MP even if I had to limit myself to something more humble a Role, like a Miner... but then i'd be nothing but Prey... screw being prey...

Edit: Oh, curious, are plans underway to Migrate this Server to Alpha when the time comes?

Slam Jones likes this.
  9. Furian

Furian Captain

Sorry to hear about your mom, but thankfully she has you.

sounds like Red vs Blue is still just the place for you. - a place to make friends - we are playing organised pvp. there are safe spots where you can't be killed by anything but predators, players can't kill you even if they wanted to. so it's kinda a mpPvE/PvP server.
    also there are vast areas such as space and other planets that's PvP but since we are playing as 2½ fraction (the ½ being the black market that's almost never around) then you work together with your team, so even in the weekly battles you would be able to park offsite from the battlefield to take care of your mom, or simply just exit the server...

come on, can't you see where I'm going with this?? :p

When the alpha arrives, I believe the server will be wiped and we all start from scratch again to really get the feel of the new build :)

RED TEAM RED TEAM RED TEAM :p

Tyrax Lightning, Rayah and Slam Jones like this.
  10. Tyrax Lightning

Your words honor me, many thanks! ^_^

I'm working on getting this new Computer Built & that's taking away from my game time atm, but after, I may give this a try. I'm also honored by your offer for Red Team, but i'm still most attracted to Merc Life thus far, then I can get to fight for BOTH Teams, who both have good people in them... I just won't be doing it at the same time... & for a price. :p (Though I can't help but to wonder how 'for a price' even works on this Server that has no Currency.) Plus frankly the '3rd Faction' looks to me to be the most undermanned... & it can probably use the help of someone like me that's 'Glitched in the Head*' enough to be able to munch large amounts of Mining just fine... & even sometimes use it for relaxation. :D

*Starbound Joke. Glitch is my fav Starbound Race & the one I Avatar Representative on in that game. Glitch are a race of Sentient Medieval-headed Robots with Lore to be a Civilization Simulator gone wrong, then you as a Glitch Player being among the Glitch to go wrong even by Glitch standards via becoming 'self aware', causing the logical consequence of becoming an Outcast from the Main People, who are still living out the 'simulation' of Civilization but somehow got 'stuck' in the Medieval Era kinda thinking & unable to move past it. Part of being a Glitch is that they reproduce by building new Glitch like how ya would expect Robots to & sometimes they 'glitch' up at it & end up with weird results... kinda like how the building of the RL me kinda got Glitched Up & I ended up being born an Asperger. I feel so much connection with the Glitch...

Furian and Slam Jones like this.
  11. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Well I, for one, welcome any addition to the server, be it Red, Blue, or otherwise :)

I would be happy to see you join the BMT (Black Market Traders), as the current traders are not particularly active. We usually trade for Promethium, which I am more than happy to mine and trade for whatever exciting goods the traders may have. Btw, I'm usually most interested in rare ores (Zascosium, Erestrum, Neobymium, and Sathium) and Emergency Rations. Also, I've built CVs for a few people before, and certainly don't mind trading one for a good price, should one be in need. Can also build SVs or HVs as requested.

So whatever ya need, or if I can make anything easier for ya to hop in when ya can, don't hesitate to ask :D

Furian, Tyrax Lightning and Rayah like this.
  12. Tyrax Lightning

Ahh, so Resources are the Currency. I may ponder buying a CV in the future, but have not given up yet at SV Building, & have liked my HV Building results thus far... though MP may be the first time i've ever before had a use for HV Docking Gear Parts & trying to figure out how to accommodate them into the Design could get 'interesting'...

Slam Jones likes this.
  13. Furian

Furian Captain

first off. that Starbound race sound like my kinda race as well.

and The Black Market traders faction were also on the mind of decrypter and me, as we are on a different timeframe than the rest of players, we often go mining for ALOT of specially rare materials. so currently we are red teams BM crew :p they just get it all for the companionship :p we did talk about boosting the BM faction by going rouge when the alpha comes and the server is reset, but nothing is decided yet (wish I could se Slam Jones face right now, think me might be like "ohh HELL no!")

Also in the Furian (FoR) and decrypter team, I'm the shipbuilder and inventor Decrypter is the "gathering items and maintaining base" guy - we make a pretty good team as we always voice chat when gaming and have known each other almost our entire lives.

mmmh - men for hire - black market - rouge faction - creating a demand for stuff you've got and trying to influence who wins what war, getting idea's!!

beware Slam, you already know my Idea's tend to end up as a reality! :p :p :p :p

14. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Hey as long as the teams are somewhat balanced when it comes to PvP time, it should be alright :p Currently, I just want the server to be fun and interesting for as many people as possible. If that means more neutrals, then fine by me.

If it ends up as Slam Jones vs the Galaxy, well, I'll tell ya one thing... I won't give up easily ;)

Tyrax Lightning and Furian like this.
  15. Furian

Furian Captain

BUT I wanna fight. it's the best part :p

16. Penzo

Penzo Ensign

Hello people

I recently joined your server and have been doing basic stuff around Ningues.
    There was nobody there so I just mined here and there and set up a small base with a very basic HV.
    I will log in today again in the evening, around 6 PM CET.
    Should I ask to join the Blue team or the Red team?
    Should I just continue doing stuff around or is there something specific to be done?
    I read there is a Steam group, could you add me? My nick on Steam is matija_chale.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

17. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

Sure, will get you on the steam group ASAP, and yes, Blue needs some more members.

Edit: People, PLEASE check that your nicks actually show a result on the "add a friend" list before telling them to me. I need your PROPER steam account name to add you. Penzo, I can't find you with the user search.

18. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Whats the battle this week ?

SV's?
    CV's?

I vote a ground pound war, where we just build a big station and all fight over its control, we have two small spawn bases 100m away on opposite sides of the fighting station one red one blue for spawning, these two stations are off limits for the enemy. We spawn at our respective spawn base, and fly to base to fight.

19. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Well from what I've experienced, ground-based (or otherwise atmospheric) combat is more involved and exciting than the current space combat. I believe Shakles wanted to do an orbital battle, but I'm open to whatever.

Besides, if the rumors are true, we'll have Alpha to play with before the end of the month. I imagine this means a server wipe, which means a whole new galaxy (hopefully!!!) to fight in. So, I figure there's no harm is sorta wrecking the ships we currently have anyway :)

20. Tyrax Lightning

Agreed. If ya both blow each other up into Shambles so hard both of ya have to fall back & lick your wounds for a real long time (So hard ya have to 'Cannibalize' your Bases for the Repairs thus explaining Bases being gone) it could provide a RP Transition. :)

Slam Jones likes this.