Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Reforged Eden War and Industry Update Trailer:
    War and Industry is the next update to Reforged Eden and adds new trade stations, orbital factories, visual updates, combat and mining sites, power options, item icon updates, and more.
    No release date yet but it will be posted on the Workshop as soon as I have one.

2. Armaduke

Armaduke Ensign

Wow this looks Great can't wait thanks

Myrmidon likes this.
  3. Homunk

Homunk Lieutenant

Very nice ..:)
    Looks really good :thumpUp:
    Hope to play it soon ..

Myrmidon likes this.
  4. der Hausmeister

der Hausmeister Ensign

Have a question about Purgeratory Start. The mission is to visit certain places: supply cache, tanks, junk, shelter, etc
    some of these places don't have any icon on the map and although i found a few Junk Places they did not trigger the progress. How do i find the correct one?

5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It will be the closest of that type of poi when you activated the mission.
    I need to fix that.

6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The Reforged Eden War and Industry test scenario is now public and could use help testing it before I put the update live on the main scenario.

This is quite a large update so I want to try to catch any major issues before the update goes out.
    Please feel free to test out however much of it you want. Spoiler warnings of course!
    I will probably leave this up for a couple weeks.

You can subscribe at the workshop link below.
    Read the description on the workshop carefully. Also remember as a test this won't carry over once the testing period is over so you'll lose any saves you created with this scenario.
    Test scenario workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2918811239
    Trailer video:
    Full update notes: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3012117598

Thank you everyone!

Monroe, Zacman, Paranoid Loyd and 5 others like this.
  7. EvilSmoo

EvilSmoo Ensign

I'm having this start happening too, but in a really weird way. I set up a helios bay for rations-ratio production, as many hydros as possible, with a few loose plants to square the ratio.

ONLY the vegetable hydroponics don't grow. Loose veggies grow, as do hydros for grain/fruit/sweetener/spice. Pentaxid works in a separate Helios bay.

Re-placing the veggie bays works once or twice, undocking the helios module might have helped once? Debatable, that.

8. EvilSmoo

EvilSmoo Ensign

Looks like the schematic for automated/fixed ice drills unlocked the automated/fixed asteroid drills as well, and the second schematic does nothing.

I got both schematics, only got the option for ice unlock, and now the padlock is gone from the constructor for both. And I still have the asteroid schematic.

9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

No, the ice one only unlocks the ice drills and the asteroid one unlocks the asteroid drills. It might have been a bug but the configs are set up correctly. I guess sell it at a UCH Research Vessel for a bit of money then. :D

10. VPanda

VPanda Lieutenant

Is a new game required for the upcoming update?

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The update is out now! You can see details on the update notes.

VPanda and Slam Jones like this.
  12. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Ohh snap! It's real!

Can you confirm whether or not servers running RE will have to restart / wipe for the new update? Just curious for my own sake.

VPanda likes this.
  13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi,

Just did a fresh start on the barren planet "Dread". It's very empty of POI's - I've found just two, neither having map markers or showing up on the HUD after a ping. However, the thing it's most empty off is wood / sources of plant fibre. Note: there is some sort of admin POI showing on the map, but as this was showing from the start - despite being waaaaay out of range - I'll do my usual thing of visiting it only when I "discover" it legitimately. Perhaps I'm missing a "go to this POI" objective... nothing on the PDA.

Additionally, I've travelled though many a dead forest, yet there are no dead trees. There are strange stalagmite things, one type yields salt, the other seems like it's going to yield wood or fibre - it makes all the "this is a tree" effects when attempting to harvest it- but it yields nothing. I did find one tree - well, a twig in the ground, but this was on a slope in a mountain biome.

Wouldn't it be good if the "Resource Info" tab actually showed, you know, resource info rather than just the hit points of the object. Moddable?

Have I just been unlucky - perhaps down to the seed - or is there deliberately little fibre here? It's making things more challenging than they've been in the past.

Btw: have you considered adopting vanilla's 1 Ore = 2 Ingot for the basic resources? It's sorta nice...

Anyway, congrats on the update :)

14. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Dread is tough to find plant fiber. You can sometimes find abandoned farms that have grow plots you can salvage for fiber, or you can sometimes find dead trees in the mountains for a little bit.

No we haven't changed the ore recipe yet. Not sure if Vermillion plans to for RG2 or not.

And thank you!

15. EvilSmoo

EvilSmoo Ensign

Hm, is ROPV_ZiraxDestroyer6FB an Eden prefab or base game? Looks like SDS_Imerat is the same. As is ROPV_ZiraxDestroyer5FB.

I've done a couple, and no CPU extenders at all. I think the first was the one that I saw a couple times, and I just spawned all seven in creative. Four of the "Imerat" prefabs have at least a couple CPU extenders, but three have nothing but a core. Which doesn't really track with the easier ones, because they have SOMETHING at least.

16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks for the reply.

I've now found a total of three trees, so I'm good lol.

There's a really fussy distribution of POI's (most with no map / hud marker) on this planet. I travelled a third of the way around this Large planet, encountering just two. The second was an abandoned bio lab (or something along those lines) so I decided to settle there. I eventually explore further, find another abandoned bio lab literally SURROUNDED by dozens of other tiny POI's. Wish I'd found this area before I settled down, it would have been perfect.

Thought: Is there any possibility of an enhanced scanner that can detect these "invisible" POI's? Finding them, certainly on a planet like Dread, can be a big deal. Every one I've found so far, I've found visually, so an upgraded hand scanner that can see these things would be cool. However, IIRC, the detection of these things is simplistic, in that they're set to be detected, or not, and, if detectable, they have a hard-coded range. Shame Eleon never changed to the "emissions" method that was discussed years ago...

Btw: do you tweak solar panels? They're very effective on this planet, which is most welcome. I'm in the Northern Hemisphere, so the panels are tilted South, and they're working great. Almost as good* as the actual Solar Panel I put on my actual house lol.

* I do find it amusing that one of my actual Solar Panels is more effective than the 20x larger "science fiction future Solar Panel" on my base lol. I guess "Space Silicon" just isn't the same quality as good-ol' Earth Silicon :) Of course, the stuff I'm mining certainly isn't monocrystalline, which doesn't help.

Edit: Btw, may I ask why I shouldn't use the Backup option too much? I tend to backup regularly, just in case something goes wrong. Did so again last night, not aware of any issues caused.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
    ravien_ff likes this.
  17. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

A tip for finding hidden POIs on that planet is to use your drone to get a bird's eye view to see over hills and such.

POIs can have a lower detection range, but I wanted most to have to be seen visually.

Solar works well on that planet because it has a thin atmosphere and clear weather.

The backup option takes a complete backup of your entire save game. This can start to take a very long time, fill up your hard drive, and makes people reliant on using it like a quick save to fix mistakes instead of dealing with them. I've seen so many complaints from people using the backup option every 15 minutes then complaining about having to spend hours deleting all their backups.

I added that warning so that people who don't know what they are doing might do the wrong thing a little less.

18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yeah, that's what I do, or exploit the 3rd person view when zooming around in an HV.

Makes sense.

I've used it for ages, likely every 15-20 minutes or so if I remember. Started doing it after instances of crashing or other bugs, though don't need to revert to a backup too often now. I had issue where if the game crashed, it might get the save state wrong (me in one place, the vessel I was in somewhere else) or I'd lose everything on my connected toolbar (still a bug today). Game did crash today - got a call, so it was on Pause for ages (Empyrion's never really liked this) but the game had made a viable auto-save, so I just continued as normal.

Doing the Backup takes just a few seconds, as does clearing out any old ones - I do this at the end of each play session. As Empyrion saves to the game folder, it's not filling up My Documents like most other games. That's annoying, Emyrion's save location is not.

19. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Don't forget using console commands is viable too.

If your backup takes only a few seconds then you must be running the game off a SSD and have a small save file.

On my old PC using a HDD a backup on a completely fresh save of the scenario would take about 15 seconds.

Save games can easily get into the hundreds of mb and hundreds of thousands of files which would take far longer to backup especially on a HDD which many people do still use.

I've seen people complaining that they spend an hour each day managing their backups.

20. VPanda

VPanda Lieutenant

Hello, where do I find new "pve battle zones"?
    And the siren, it doesn't work.
    Thx!