Reforged Eden Scenario

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by Vermillion, Jul 16, 2020.

1. me777

me777 Commander

reply to Scoob:
    (Its still the Problem withg walking over a window)

(my english is not good enough to explain better... so i made a video ;))

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Sorry could you upload it to YouTube and try to give a brief explanation first?
    Even if you have to use Google translate.
    Thank you.

3. me777

me777 Commander

Sorry I was replying to Scoob, its still the problem with walking over a window placed flat on a surface...

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Ah that can happen depending on the gravity and what armor you're wearing.

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Oh, I see. I thought you meant you were walking over a Window block that was flush with the surface and getting stuck. It's pretty normal for even a very thin block - like a Window - to impede movement, especially if gravity is high. I don't think it should be that way, I mean, the player avatar should readily be able to step up onto it, but it's almost second nature for me to have to do a little jump in such situations.

Indeed, it's perfectly possible to get stuck on 100% flat blocks after landing from a jetpack aided jump. Happens all the time to me. I'll jetpack jump, land on flat blocks and cannot move until I tap space to jump again.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  6. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

I tried.

This organization can't accept donations right now.

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Donation info is in the PDA (if you're running an old save game it will be under the project eden section of the Empyriopedia).

8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi, random question...

Amongst the many suggestions and ideas that have been bounced around while discussing the future of RE, were things like personal shields and melee weapons. While there are damage immunity "shields", are things like regular recharging suit shields and melee weapons now implicitly off the cards for RE now Eleon has implemented these in the DLC? I mean, I'm assuming you cannot be seen to be giving a feature for free that Eleon charge for, even if the implementation is different.

While you've mentioned that RE will never require the DLC, what if Eleon continue to add features just for DLC owners that align with ideas you had? Or perhaps they implement some framework as part of the DLC that more readily supports something you'd like to add?

I've not bought the DLC, don't plan to either. The one thing that'd make me is if it became a requirement for RE. You should get some commission if that happens lol.

9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

We cannot add new game mechanics and right now we have no plans to add the dlc to RE2.

10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi,

A couple of questions if that's ok...

1) Are there any sort of dynamic Base attacks for space bases? Something similar to a Ground base attack, but making use of actual SV's and CV's perhaps? I've "faked" such things before, by deliberately building a space station near where I'd previously seen Pirate or Zerax patrols for example, was quite fun.

2) New block: An enclosed and air-tight Elevator block. I.e. four of six sides are either glass or solid metal. I often find myself sealing up exposed parts of Elevator blocks with glass for example, having them self-sealing - if using the appropriate block variant - would provide more build options. Possible?

I captured a small Pirate outpost to use as a temporary base - set it up as a farm as my CV doesn't really have the room without some major changes. By chance, there's a Polaris Destroyer buzzing around the area, which is pretty cool, it's already engaged a few random enemies within it's patrol area. However, it'd be great to see some hostile ships "discover" my little Space Station and have to fend them off, perhaps with the help of that Polaris ship.

I'm usually on the move constantly once I get a CV with jump capability, it's very much a mobile base. It's good at fending off smaller attackers, escaping anything that's too scary, while also having basic ground assault capabilities - think taking out turrets on smaller POIs. However, I sorta wanted a reason to have a space station.

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Neither are possible.

12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

That's a shame, but thanks for the answer. I'm assuming such things are only doable by the devs themselves then.

13. Peter Conway

Peter Conway Commander

On Scoobs reason to have a space station base, I like the idea of having a home space station base somewhere, but it's just too damn lonely there, the idea of a populated station appeals even if i have to buy people to put in it, but I don't just want dancers* and guys working at pretend consoles, it would seem more lively if folks are just walking round and going to bed/sitting/eating etc, is there a way to get the 'roamers'

I have my own 'lifer' ship that can deal with wildlife, drones and interceptors, but I have to scoot when a CV turns up, I faced a Corvette and gave him my full beans and watched his shields going down to 96% and took a glance at mine... 50% ouch! I'm outta here.

*Dancers clip through walls and dance in space... kinda spoils the 'murshun'

14. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Random bit of feedback:

I'm just assaulting a "Zirax Defence Tower" POI - ID=6789 'Defence Tower', BP "BA_DeepSpaceRadarTurretA' - which has a single Missile Turret.

I took out the turret on my way in, then entered the POI on foot. A tricky little POI, but I eliminated all internal turrets and guards just fine, despite using the basic AR T2. A passing Plasma Drone tried to snipe me when I was on the (partially exposed) top floor, but I evaded just fine.

However, after clearing out this POI, I was surprised when multiple Zirax respawned on the top floor, despite this being a POI with invisible spawners. Other than taking out the Core, which I will of course do, is it intended that this small POI is able to respawn Zirax like this, barely a minute after they've been eliminated?

Usually, I'd want to secure a POI by taking out any internal turrets, visible spawners and of course any troops. Usually with invisible spawners, outside of very specific cases (lots of spiders coming through a "crack" in a wall) they DON'T keep spawning enemies. So, once a POI is cleared, the player should be able to explore and look for any secrets without too much of a problem.

So, is it intended that this POI keeps respawing Zirax troops after they've been eliminated? It was a little irksome for me as, more than once, they spawned right on top of me, I was only alerted due the the Zirax gurgling sound effect.

To be clear, the Zirax have respawned on this POI several times at this point, I've sorta been hanging around waiting for it. They'll readily spawn right on top of me and potentially be shooting before I even know they are there. Additionally, the walkway around the top of the POI seems to be prone to NPC's clipping, allowing them to fire through solid blocks and hit the player.

Btw: what's the view on Cored POI's still able to trigger traps such as explosives? I took out the core - and any visible sensors on a generic space wreck (Cargo) but, when I got closer, hidden sensor still triggered, causing the entire thing to blow up. How can we counter such a POI if: i) Destroying the Core doesn't stop the proximity trigger, ii) Destroying any visible sensors doesn't stop the proximity trigger? Are POI's like this a pure trap, with no way to counter it other than recognise and avoid?

15. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Also not possible.

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

We are working on reforged Eden 2 now where we can actually fix issues with POIs because we're removing all vanilla POIs. So that poi won't even appear anymore in RE2.

In reforged Eden 1 we cannot fix any vanilla poi.

Wellingtoon likes this.
  17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Cool. I actually though the POI I mentioned was one of yours for some reason. I'll look forward to RE 2 :)

Wellingtoon likes this.
  18. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

If it starts with BA or BAO it's vanilla.
    RE2 is currently in alpha testing and will go to beta very soon. I don't post updates here I'm mostly on the Anvil discord.

Wellingtoon and Peter Conway like this.