Resources

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Aernoud

Aernoud Lieutenant

1. Mining should be a chore in the beginning, but get easier along the way. that works from normal to T2 drill, but autominer is not a solution in single player as it shuts down as I log out or even move from planet to orbit, moon or other planet.

In multiplayer that works a lot better as it keeps running on real time you can empty it the next day when you log on. So my suggestion would be to somehow let autominers work on real time in stead of 'on-line' time. That would do the trick and let you collect larger quantities of resources.

2. Can you put a button in (or double click or something) to let the drill running without me constantly having to press my mouse button (getting cramps). BTW, same with flying, etc.

3. And while you are at it. For producing resource bars from ores, you can choose for 1 (click) or 10 (LS Click). I am building a 700K bars CV. That results in 70K clicks I have to do to create the bars (again cramps) and very tedious. Please add the options to click to 100 and maybe even 999 (full stack).

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Aernoud

Aernoud Lieutenant

Certain materials should be hard to get. Once I have a CV, I can fly to where I want and collect as many Ores as I desire, without many problems. So either make very small Eres and Zas deposits. Or even make Zas exclusively available from POIs.

Maybe introduce special materials (found at POIs or from missions) to make special items (e.g. repair bay, adv. constr., Autominers, etc.)

3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

In MP, this could make 'early bird raiders' OP by enabling them to hog all Zas & Special materials to themself with no option for anyone else to stand a chance...

IMHO everything needs to be Renewable Resource in at least some way even if the Renewable Way is also the hard way to get it, but at least that Resource then can't run out & permanently lose availability, but successful getting to those Resources the 'easy way' first can still be a rewarding thing to do.

4. Dionysos

Dionysos Commander

Put a credit card with a small amount of cash into the rescue pod pls.

- If poi bases are destoyed you run around shooting natives to catch a few credits. Especially in early MP game it would be great to
    have the opportunity for trade/exchange things you need. So currently the fee makes it impossible to put smth on the marked until you get credit cards or you mine gold. So a starter money or a good vs good transfer system would help a lot. Trade seems dead anyway but at least it could be of use in certain situations.

5. Tyrax Lightning

On the WASD Server the POIs on the Starter Planets & the Planets & Space & Moons themselves as well get Reset on a weekly basis, thus making for Renewable source of Alien Soldiers. I'd be surprised if all Servers didn't do this. IMHO the REAL problem is that it's kinda hard for New Players to manage to hold onto that money with their limited Storage & power till they can get to a Trading Post to get to an actual ATM to actually CASH IN that Cash. :p

6. Dionysos

Dionysos Commander

lol NOW that you mention it.... :oops:

But seriously the good exchange need to be without or with very low barriers. In the futue i really like to see trading ships dealing with inter system trade but for now... a simple system to support trade and exchange would be great. We had that until someone cried "ohoh it can be misuses for storage ohoh!". Yea it can but the downside now is it became useless for aiding people eg to send res for a shut down warp drive or send fibers to someone need growing plots. And since we have no economy that one of the few ways to use the current system.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  7. VISION305

VISION305 Rear Admiral

I like the resources, but I think you could use at least one more resource. Something that is rare but constantly needed. This creates conflict.

I think in order to warp to a new star system you would need a new resource called RED CRYSTALS. It is something very needed that also gets consumed and is rare.

8. Zedd

Zedd Captain

Auto-mining is terrible. I spent the whole day (8-10 RL hours) running backwards and forwards between my 8 T1 and T2 miners, for about 2000 ore in total.

I then made a drill HV to see if that was any better and wow! Ten minutes digging for 2000+ ore :D

It's quite disappointing that auto-mining isn't a viable option. If it's going to be 20x slower than other methods you may as well just remove it. It's a big investment of power coils, time and fuel cells for very very little in return.

Maybe only T3 are good? Not sure as I didn't get them. I can't imagine it's anywhere near comparable to HV drill though.

In the time it takes a T2 to mine a handful of ore I could drive around the planet and clear out every single deposit with my HV.

9. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

The point of the auto-miners, is not for instant gratification. It is something that churns away on its own, while you go do... anything else. If you need ore in a hurry, you do it yourself. If you setup a bunch of autominers, and go do other things... then you get nice ore bonus's as you swing by them to pick up their bounty.

In SP PvE, the autominers really are helpful, greatly. If all you care about is PvP, then nothing can help you.

10. Zedd

Zedd Captain

Lol, I am a SP player actually, so unless somebody has some deific hacking skills I won't be PvP'ing anytime soon ><

Perhaps you're right, will see in later game. It just seems to me that in the time it takes to fly to those auto miners i I could have dug up 10 or even 20x that much ore.

Kassonnade likes this.
  11. Tyrax Lightning

You're plopping Auto-Miners to suck up Ore for ya, aka do all the work FOR YOU, & want the SAME reward as those of us who Mine stuff up ourselves, aka do our own dirty work ourselves, thus invalidating the work & effort of us doin the work ourselves...? o_O

Captain Jack II likes this.
  12. downwood0

downwood0 Commander

You're using them wrong.

For one, use T3 miners. For two, with the Fusion cells, you power it up to full and come back in 24 hours and if you picked a good spot (276 or more ore per hour) you'll have seven full stacks.

For two, yes, you can clear out every single deposit with your HV in a matter of hours. But T3 autominers don't deplete the resource (yet). So, you come back. Every day. And get your 7 stacks out of your autominer. And you can continue to do that until you stop putting fusion cells in it, or pick it up. There is no comparison. You can get 6k out of a deposit once with your HV or you can get 7k out of it every day with a T3 autominer. This shouldn't even be a discussion. Your HV is a short term solution only. Furthermore, Autominers work regardless of playfield status. No one has to even be logged into the server in a MP game and they'll keep just ticking along. Promethium is the one hard case, but it still produces about 2500-3000 a day. Combine that with the output from 4 full run h2/o2 generators (we'll get into that later) and you've got the mats to do a 500 run of Fusion cells to produce 1k. Even dropping a full 14 fusion cells into your miners (if you're careful you won't use more than about 9 per day) across all 10 materials, and 4 h2's, you're looking at only 196 of those 1000 fusion cells. With some optimization, you should get more than 1000 cells per day, and use less than that 196.

This is perfectly feasable.

13. downwood0

downwood0 Commander

Right now we need more uses for late game materials. There isn't much of a push to get more of them once you have a few thousand.

Zedd and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

I think we need significantly less of everything. It's not a survival game when people are gathering up 10's of thousands of... anything they want.

Zedd and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  15. GlipGlop

GlipGlop Ensign

I assume this is the right thread... PLEASE as a quality of life thing... Increase O2 Canister stack size to 999 like others. In general, lots of crafting items could use this bump (O2 the most though).

16. Sabrina66

Sabrina66 Ensign

PLSSSSSSS DO anything that O2 cant Stack higher or a Switch to deaktivate O2 produktion in the O2/H2 generator!

17. Zedd

Zedd Captain

So, I am about one day into a Hard game with Masperon as a starter planet, and just wanted to share some positive feedback.

I decided to leave Amount of Ore as 'Poor' and Number of Deposits as 'Few' this time around, to see what the game is like as intended on Hard. Ordinarily I crank it to maximum ores, because I find mining tedious.

Actually I've found the game is much more challenging and fun now. I have noticed that attacking POI's is actually worthwhile now, as the small amounts of ingots and weapons you find in the cargo boxes are actually worth something when you are scrounging everywhere for metal scraps. There are only 2 cobalt + 2 silicon deposits on my seed, and after hours on end searching the map I've given up on ever finding them, instead relying on scavenging POI's for the short term.

With resources so low, deconstructing the abandoned outposts becomes much more worthwhile also, whereas before I would just ignore them (heck, a single outing with a HV drill would bring in 20,000 ore...I was running out of space to store it all).

All the nodes I have found so far have been seriously small, some of only ~200 ore. This actually makes the auto-miners incredibly useful, since they never deplete the ore. This is exactly how it should be, since they are right at highest point on the tech tree :D

So, to everyone out there that finds mining horribly tedious, don't be scared to play on true 'Hard' settings. You (probably) won't regret it!

Disclaimer: You may die horribly, several times. You may also curse the damned motorbike for getting lost in the inventory whilst a Nightmare is eating your face.

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  18. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

@Zedd My experiences excatly! Well, almost. Im in Ningues with ~medium difficulty - but its still very different beast compared to easy Akua start. Like it a lot.

19. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

This was also more or less my experience. I got unlucky and had a heavy minigun drone hanging about the civilian POI, so there were quite a few deaths due to that (the plasma and rocket drones are easy enough to dodge if you keep an eye on your stamina). Strangely, the wildlife never bothered me on that particular run.

The main issue I had was the lack of biofuel for the T1 drill (I didn't find any in any of the POIs I ventured into), which complicated my strategy of tunneling into a hillside for protection for my first base. I also discovered that if you remove the core to the Logistics POI, you can get resurrected at the facility's medical bay.

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  20. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Oh yeah, bio fuel was an issue before you can make or find T2 drill. No seaweed in Ningues either.